We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

NFS Shift Exotic Racing Series

pyrre

The next DLC for Need For Speed Shift will be the Exotic Racing Series. It will include 7 new cars, 1 new track and 50+ new events.

Some of the cars included are McLaren MP4-12C, Gumpert Apollo, BMW M1 and judging by the pic here, Maserati GranTurismo. Also a new track is included, Riviera, with 4 layouts. The Exotic Racing Series DLC will be available 18th March for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and is priced 10$/800 Microsoft Points.

Looks very good, but as already known, won't be coming for PC *sigh*

Source

err, what's the specifics in posting a YT video round these parts?

I've got the TUBE tags and the addy but no worky

What you need to put into the TUBE tags is the bit of the URL after the =, rather than the whole URL. ;)

On topic: The cars in the pack are just... :drool: Would be a shame if this wasn't coming to the PC.

Seeing he full list of cars in the video, good secection me thnks!

The Riviera track is a copy of Monaco! Theres a track of thesame name in Ferrari Challenge(DLC track), wounder if its the same track...or if it's just the same idea and name!(or is Riviera a real trakc?)

Damn I thought it was Monaco itself. Looked like the 2007 layout to me.

It maybe the same, like how GT4 had Monaco in it but named the track 'Côte d'Azur', or its the same track from the Ferrari Challenge DLC! But me thinks it'll just be a Monaco rip-off, like the FC one!

*The Riviera track in FC is also the same as the one from 'Supercar Challenge', and i'll let wiki describe it: Fictional track Riviera, located in France, was also added and is clearly inspired by Circuit de Monaco featuring a visually similar tunnel and corners very similar to Mirabeau and Grand Hotel Hairpin.

• 1 month later...

There is a track called Riviera in Supercar Challenge for PS3 (made a little bit after Ferrari Challenge, but with more cars and tracks, get it if you see it cheap). It is very similar to Monaco. :)

I'm really annoyed with EA for not giving this pack to PC fans.

Shift is supposed to be more of a Sim Racer compared to previous NFS games... correct?

~90% of simulation games are on PC only... correct?

PC allows you to add custom hardware (wheels, TrackIR (there is a TrackIR mod for Shift), etc) and is capable of playing Shift with much better graphics, accross 3 monitors, and in 3D.

So why wouldn't PC users get some special treatment for this type of game... why?

I guess EA's bottom line is more important than their fans (the ones that specifically asked for proper physics and a cockpit view after Undercover came out anyway). The fact that lots of people don't buy PC games probably doesn't help either.

Let's see if Criterion Games look after us better with their upcoming NFS release.... I'm still waiting for the island and Cops'n'Robbers DLC to come to PC for Burnout Paradise... so it's not looking good. :(

Well, I don't play it that much (only I need to film a few scenes in it for an upcoming movie). It is a good game if you have a good setup. It would've been a lot better if there were more DLC's, especially more tracks (wish someone would add Bathurst).