We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamereactor TDU2 Exclusive! - Pics included

Andreas¹

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibiza also has the party vibe, and is world famous for it's nightlife, it also has gorgeous weather, being in the mediteranean. If they could make Ibiza the size of hawaii they'd be onto a winner :D

anyway, Eden i in France, Ibiza is in Spain and Hawaii is on the other side of the world. hopefully they'll have made plenty of research trips so everything they do is correct!

And once again, ppl are forgetting Mallorca! Jet set paradise, half million ppl Palma city, 3,640.11 km2 (almost EXACTLY 2.5 times bigger than Oahu), lots of mountains (highest peak 1145m), great flat plains, even it may snow quite often during winters in central and high areas! A Top Gear 'Mallorca Rally' was also filmed there...

This would be the perfect place, but no....:oook:

Yeah our good friend Mr Anderson did the translation, I think this is a copy and paste job with that translation into something nice looking for some other site or something.

Which is good as it spreads the news around, as long as the original people are credited it's all good!

Awesome :D I'm hoping they include a few Aussie cars this time.

Oh if it's not to much trouble can someone translate those picture Captions in the magazine article.

I'll do those, hang on.

I don't know if this has been posted here yet... so if it has sorry.

This is a translated to English version of the Gamereactor Article. The article is up top, with the original magazine screens Andreaz posted underneath.

Clicky: English Gamereactor Article

I don't get what that is? xD

[edit]

[captions]

Viper: “Driving feel

Eden Studios has tried to find a perfect balance between arcadefun and realism for Test Drive Unlimited 2 to fit as many people as possible. All cars will be easy to drive, but doing the coolest stunts will still require a really secure driver.”

Above Gumpert: “Loyal Racingfans

Even today there are about 7000 people that log on to Xbox Live and play test Drive Unlimited every day. Eden Studios will try to listen to the loyal community to let them have an influence on for example downloadable content and such.”

Charger: “Buying yourself a car

Getting a car in Test Drive Unlimited 2 is not far from the real deal. Visit the car dealer, walk around between all the cool rides and if you want you can actually test drive the car, just like the name Test Drive suggests.”

Under Zonda, 1: “Released this autumn

The version of Test Drive Unlimited 2 that Gamereactor got to see was already in a good nick, and the plans are to release it in the second half of 2010 for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Now they’re mostly working on new game modes, online-functions and to add those extra functions that will really make the game stand out from the crowd.”

2: “Pictures from heaven

As usual, they have taken satellite images for help to get the roads and surroundings completely correct. Whoever rented a scooter and went round on the Spanish island will be able to recognize both landmarks and favourite water holes.”

3: “Club Exlusive

Invest a lot of money and recruit a lot of members to your own exclusive car club. If you become really big and influential you might get your own car by the Eden Studios, which the members will be able borrow if available to drive around and make non-members jealous.”

Haha straight translation' date=' even includes the "lojal community". [/quote']

I fixed that, dammit >.< :cheeky:

"...As usual, they have taken satellite images for help to get the roads and surroundings completely correct. Whoever rented a scooter and went round on the Spanish island will be able to recognize both landmarks and favourite water holes.

:oook: ...and how will be able to compare these landmarks in the game? We can rent a scooter in the game?? :umm::yay:

wait...what?

Whatever, a bunch of nonsense in this single caption. Completely correct surroundings....on a several times larger island. umm...the roads must be at least 40 meters wide then....:confused:

I'm not trying to troll, but this is really funny

Ok, I've got the norwegian GameReactor Magazine. Sadly it is the same pictures and allmost the same translation/text.

Just a few things (my apologize if it's allready written here).

+ The version we tried looked very finnished.

+ Eden is currently working on new game-modes, online parts and some secret extrafunctions.

+ TDU2 will have 4 different racemodes.

+ Roads and environments are made with allmost painful accuracy.

+ Progress in-game can be done in 4 different categories.

+ You can "pimp" your appartment/house.

+ You can buy clothes.

+ You can buy car-equipments (Does't say what).

+ Many hidden secrets around the island.

+ An improved lobby which will let you explore the opponents vehicle choice and settings.

+ The author says: "The game reminds him on an online roleplay where you are a member of an guild in form of a carclub, compete against other clubs and or just hang together in their cars cruising around the streets".

I hope some of the info was new, and I apologize for my trainwreck english.

no no no Map is too small, this was so disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that the total mileage is 2.5 times the. But tdu2 map of area reduced, the map has shrunk a lot of:cry::cry:

PS: Hopes to increase the wiper system and hazard lights:thumbsup:

Ok, I've got the norwegian GameReactor Magazine. Sadly it is the same pictures and allmost the same translation/text.

Just a few things (my apologize if it's allready written here).

+ The version we tried looked very finnished.

+ Eden is currently working on new game-modes, online parts and some secret extrafunctions.

+ TDU2 will have 4 different racemodes.

+ Roads and environments are made with allmost painful accuracy.

+ Progress in-game can be done in 4 different categories.

+ You can "pimp" your appartment/house.

+ You can buy clothes.

+ You can buy car-equipments (Does't say what).

+ Many hidden secrets around the island.

+ An improved lobby which will let you explore the opponents vehicle choice and settings.

+ The author says: "The game reminds him on an online roleplay where you are a member of an guild in form of a carclub, compete against other clubs and or just hang together in their cars cruising around the streets".

I hope some of the info was new, and I apologize for my trainwreck english.

Sounds interesting, especially race-modes and car equipment, thanks. :D

Sounds interesting, especially race-modes and car equipment, thanks. :D

Yes I agree and I also find carsettings very interresting. I hope it's not just before races and I hope it include more advanced settings. Not just traction on/off kinda thing.

No prob mate :)

I, for one, hope by "car equipments", it could mean either licensed, or fake gps things. So you can turn the hud off and buy a gps to put in your car, i just think that would be cool, being able to use everything in your car as a hud (if your using cockpit view, which i most certainly will be). Also a "functioning" cd player would be cool, lol.

Another way of explaining how the size thing works:

http://www.virtualr.net/test-drive-unlimited-2-ibiza-confirmed/

The island is 571.04 square kilometers in size and inhabits 114.000 people. That makes the virtual world in Test Drive Unlimited 2 more than two times as big as the Hawaiian Island of Oahu that was featured in the first Test Drive Unlimited title.

The bold bit compares the size of TDU's Oahu to the real life size of Ibiza. :)

-Leadfoot

Yes, it's exactly the opposite! Oahu's area is 1,545.4 km². That would make the virtual world in Test Drive Unlimited 2 2.7 times smaller than the Hawaiian Island of Oahu that was featured in the first Test Drive Unlimited title!

Now I'm officially totally confused about the size thing...

Yes, it's exactly the opposite! Oahu's area is 1,545.4 km². That would make the virtual world in Test Drive Unlimited 2 2.7 times smaller than the Hawaiian Island of Oahu that was featured in the first Test Drive Unlimited title!

Now I'm officially totally confused about the size thing...

It will be fine look we are already happy from what we've seen so far :) We will be updated with much more I'm sure just hold on tight guys this games going to be amazing.

WAIT! Maybe this is what's going on:

You know how there were rumors going around about it being on Oahu and another place? Maybe that's what they're doing. Enchancing Oahu, and including the super-detailed island of Ibiza as well. Though I doubt it. But it could explain the size.

-Leadfoot