We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Joypad TDU2 Preview (French) *Wealth of info and pics!*

Eudemon

If you haven't played the good NFS's (NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and older) then you won't know how good a Hot Pursuit is. :cheeky:
I remeber nfs 3 hot pursuit,that was my first racing game,it was awsome. Its a shame that nfs abandoned the idea of exotic cars,and locations,with cop chases.NFS just dosen't work as a racing simulator.

edit:well thats kinda disapointing about the exlusive club cars then,espeacially if one of them happens to be one of your favorate cars.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFS just dosen't work as a racig simulator.

U mean racing simulators don't work for kids who loved good old traditional NFS? Then ur right.

I'll be happy as a puppy if new handling model in TDU2 gonna be like the one in Shift. God I love that game. The only drawback was that...it's only a circuit racer game....:cheeky:

U mean racing simulators don't work for kids who loved good old traditional NFS? Then ur right.

I'll be happy as a puppy if new handling model in TDU2 gonna be like the one in Shift. God I love that game. The only drawback was that...it's only a circuit racer game....:cheeky:

Yeah the gameplay,handling and physics of Shift are awesome, no doubts about it...but lots of morons turned the MP of Shift in a destruction derby taking all the fun of playing it! :crying:

No, Because the club car only has one copy per club. I'm imagining that you essentially rent the car from the club, and it doesn't touch your own garage.

So when Club TDU:C for TDU2 get's up, I'm the only one who gets to ride it?

Cool :lol:

Or ... a club has to be full before anyone is allowed to access the special cars. Otherwise what's the point in more than 1 or 2 members joining a club if there is only 1 car per club? There would be 20 clubs rather than 1 club of 20.

e: Ah it would appear CLR-GTR has beaten me to it and I missed it. Woops!

i disagree with that,the handling phyics on that game were not very realistic at all,but i did think the suspenison bonce and rebound was pretty well done.But my point was that NFS has strayed too far from what orginally made the series great.

i disagree with that,the handling phyics on that game were not very realistic at all,but i did think the suspenison bonce and rebound was pretty well done.But my point was that NFS has strayed too far from what orginally made the series great.

Nobody said it's realistic, but it's just great! NFS didn't strayed anywhere, u'll still gonna get World Online with all the crap that goes with it

Nobody said it's realistic, but it's just great! NFS didn't strayed anywhere, u'll still gonna get World Online with all the crap that goes with it

He meant the original series - exotic cars, tracks based on real spots, and police chases - not the tuner crap that EA switched to with NFS:U.

EDIT: Wait, huh? Just read the page - what part of NFS are the for/against? Can't tell. All I know is I 75% agree with your post about TDU2's physics hopefully being like Shift's - that would work, but I personally find the slip and body roll of the Race series more enjoyable (though for TDU2, more inclination to slide would be nice :) ).

-Leadfoot

Oh that... but that's what TDU is for, right? I played all NFS since 1st game (from '96 I believe) to Carbon and lately Shift, and really, none of them had a longivity of TDU, not even close

Yep not even close,you got that right.

This game if well done going to decimate all car games untill now...fingers crossed ppl!! :thumbsup:

Hehe, I've been playing NFS4 recently (with NFS 1 & 2 tracks modded in). The first and only game mode I've done in the game for the past few weeks was Hot Pursuit, more often me being the pursuer.

+1 for Shift physics

Like TDU1, I'm happy to have 2 sets of physics available, just as long as you implement these two changes:

1 - Allow the selection of the harder physcis mode right from the start of them game, so that the single player mode isn't so boring.

2 - In the map screen, add a filter so that we can see where all the drivers are of a certain physics mode. Maybe make it so that H mode drivers can filter to show either H mode or noob mode drivers, but noob mode drivers can only see other noob mode drivers (except for people on their friends list). This could help prevent n00bs crashing into people who take their driving seriously.

NFS high stakes had the best soundtracks ever

the techno music was awesome

and stunning exotic cars

too bad they dont make games like that anymore

Undercover has a great soundtrack in my opinion, personally I don't care about a soundtrack for TDU2, because I just listen to my Ipod...

Diablo you are rigth. I remeber playing (and i still play) NFS Porsche the music wasn't great but it feeled like you were really driving the car in real life.

And i hope they make Keyboard friendly, becuse i can play TDU in the keyboard with no assists(not in Hardcore, i don't even dare) with manual gear box and clutch with no problems.

I played NFS3 up to including Most Wanted, and 3, 4 and 5 had the best soundtrack ever. Some individual songs from other games like Motorhead and C&C Tiberian Sun are also cool, but those 3 NFS'es are the best. That Romolo di Prisco is a real hero. I'm glad I have almost all songs of those games as MP3.

I think the showcase tune of NFS2 is also very cool btw.

+1 to the above music comments. Personally I wouldn't care too much if TDU2 came with no music, but if it did, take a leaf out of the book of the old NFS games. I have all the music extracted to MP3 files from NFS2SE through to NFS Shift and besides the Undercover soundtrack, the majority of the great music comes from the old games. That's why I use those tracks in a number of the movies I make.

That said, the 'interactive' pursuit music in NFS MW was pretty cool as well.