We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tell us what you love, hate and want changed or added!!

Eudemon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of probally 17k+ people on this forum porbally 400-500 Have over 300 posts...

Annnyyyywwaaaayyy.. I think we need to start to control of the overflow of people, who just take the mods and run..

+1. They need to see theres much more to this community than just mods "R make rs6 avAnt plz awesomes carz rly fasts two plz plz plz"

It happens everywhere guys, your lucky if you get more than 20% of your total members to actually post. Some just register, lose the email, enter wrong email, don't bother verifying, just lurk as a member etc. I'm thinking of doing a purge when TDU2 releases but then some older members might come back. lol

Maybe wait a month after TDU2 releases then. :cheeky:

I signed up to a forum last month where you had to post in the Introductions subforum before you could post anywhere. Might assist in growing the community.

In my experience, when I sign up to a forum, it's because I want to reply to a particular thread, and being told to post here, read this, agree to that, can make you forget what you wanted to say, so you tend to skip over it. Maybe we can have a bit of a delay timer where a new member has 20 minutes to post where they wanted, and then the emails get sent to them reminding them to read the rules, invite them to introduce themselves, etc, etc.

---

If I click one of the Gamertag icons for someone, the popup information shows fine. If I click one of these icons for my own account, the page just scrolls to the top. If I log out, then it's fine.

I have seen plugins where it effectively makes you read the Rules and also post an Introduction. Might be worth looking at again.

The Reputation minimum idea is interesting I have to say.

If I click one of the Gamertag icons for someone, the popup information shows fine. If I click one of these icons for my own account, the page just scrolls to the top. If I log out, then it's fine.
If this is right after making a new post then that's because of the AJAX call, if you refresh the page you were on it should work as expected.

I've been thinking about a locked thread in the TDU2 news section where only mods can post up official TDU2 information. People can subscribe to it and also if any other member gets information they could hand it over to the mods and mods give credit? There also could be an ideas page where everyone is allowed to post their views.

It would maybe make things a lot less clattered and easier to access important information. ;)

The TDU2 section is locked and usually 1 of the TDUCk team is around to move any new posts/news into it's own thread shortly afterwards. The reason for the new thread posting by anyone is well just look at the official forums and how often the same news and subjects are posted continuously. :cheeky:

And members who provide the news should be given the credit, I know I sure do when I move the posts and edit them and such. :D

Plus this section is the place for our members to post their views, opinions and of course complaints in regards to TDUC, we don't want to shut you up or anything and always encourage you guys and girls to tell us how you're feeling and what you would like to see. Hence this thread itself! :nuts:

To avoid a new thread, i'm posting this here. ...

I haven't noticed infos about changes, with respect to the word filter.

I have noticed some "broken" picture-links. Specially by the image-hoster www dot a_b_l_o_a_d dot de.

Can this be changed back? Or could you tell us the reasons for this?

Sorry, if i missed a information about this theme.

Best regards,

Stefan

a.b.l.o.a.d_de has been blocked for now due to a mass of people using it's quirks to post images of any size and disregarding the image posting rules basically. It seems to have spread this technique as a lot of different nationalities are using it so we're putting a stop to it until we can get something sorted regarding it.