We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Copycat....

weishen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG That is horrible a bunch of kiwis can and did better than that I present to you the F40 Motorsport F40 Replica

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07421.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07334.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07332.jpg

(excuse the shoddy photography)

OMFG That is horrible a bunch of kiwis can and did better than that I present to you the F40 Motorsport F40 Replica

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07421.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07334.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/TDUFREAK500/DSC07332.jpg

(excuse the shoddy photography)

Cool, what car is that based on?

That looks really good for a copy! One of the best i've seen!

Heres some more Chinese copycat cars anyways....

Fiat Panda? Wait, sorry its the Great Wall Pery

Toyota Yaris? Nope, sorry its the Great Wall Florid

Smart For-two? Dam, i though it was, but its a Shandong HuoYun Electromobile

MG TF? Dam wait...that actually is an MG TF! Just as rubbish as ever though...

Well the best way to describe the Chinese Cars is by looking at the japanese Cars from the 60's, 70's and even the 80's! Although Japan made an effort to make it look diffrent!

The Toyota 2000GT Is a E-Type Copy, Honda N360 is a Mini copy and the Honda S500 - S800 are copys of the MG's of the time! But as i said least they looked diffrent!

Funny thing is manufactures laughed at Japans cars, much how were laughing at China's...but Who's laughing now! Japanese Car's Helped to kill off the UK's industry(better qualty and 'fitted as standered') and really scaired the US industry by selling cheap, ecnomical cars! So much so they US made many Botched attemp's at copying!( AMC Paser anyone?)

And now look, Nissan is taken on the Germans, Toyota & honda the US!

So Lets laugh while we can...coz in 30 years or so we'll be driving them and they'll be an everyday sight! You have been warned!

The key difference is that at least the Japs offered quality.

There still lerning, many early Datsons were Rustbuckets and i dont think manufactures cheacked there cars for safety back in the 60's/70's...appert from Volvo or Saab! Who's cars were just tanks!

As i said, Lets all laugh while we still car! Soon all our favorite Chinese Brands will be sold over in Europe, US, Japan and Down under!

But then again, people in China do love imports, For example why do you think most preimum manufactures make special China only models? Jaguar are making a XF-L(Long wheelbase) and Porsche Panamera was officially launched at the Chinese motor show! And things are changing...in the past it was seen that driving the car was a sign you wernt a 'high roller', but now a new genration of 'high rollers' are comming about seeing how in the west that Ferraris and Lambos are a sign of wealth! Hense why Theres the 599 China Edtion and the Lambo Merc SV China!

So it'll be intresting to see how things go! As i said, the Chinese Car Manufactures are lerning!

I don't think that the Chinese cars will be sold in Europe. The brand Brillance (i think it is) already sold some cars in Germany in a couple of months went back home.

The Nissan part atacking the germans is an stupid thing Nissan done.

C'mon you can't compare a Nissan to a Porsche, a Audi or to a BMW or a VW too.

you can't compare nissan cheap cars to porsche or audi and other cars...

but some nissan can....for example..the 370z can compete with the cayman..

the GTR...can compete with audi r8 and porsche....

now the japanese cars are improving to a higher level....

so maybe one day the chinese cars will sold widely to the world...

you can't compare nissan cheap cars to porsche or audi and other cars...

but some nissan can....for example..the 370z can compete with the cayman..

the GTR...can compete with audi r8 and porsche....

now the japanese cars are improving to a higher level....

so maybe one day the chinese cars will sold widely to the world...

Thats what i'm saying, and yes, Most Nissans can't compeat with Audis and that! But i'm meaning how populer they are! The Japanese car makers can experiment now with making Euro Killers! Lexus has been taking a pot at the big 3 german's luxary cars is an experiment of this! Same for the LF-A & GT-R are aimed at the estalbished sports car makers! (although lowering the price of the LF-A by some ammout would help them more)

Also anyone seen the new Nissan advertising campaign? In the UK at least there taking the mic out of the German rivals for the 370Z, even buying a Cayman & TT, and putting stickers on them such as "More expensive, slower and less powerful than a Nissan 370Z," on the side of the TTS, and the similarly labelled-up Porsche Cayman saying "I dream of being as fast as a Nissan 370Z". Full Story here!

Also im i right in thinking were still on topic since were going on about Japanese copys!?

Anyway's more Chinese cars....

Old Style BMW X5? Nope, its the Shuang Huan SCEO SUV.

Chevy/Daewoo Matiz? Nearly there but its the Chery QQ.

Rover 75? Wait that is Actually the Rover 75! Albit a new name and slight update!

Yeah i know that the Nissan 370Z can compete with the Porsche Cayman and the TT or the 1 series coupe. But the advertinsing with the TT's and the Cayman is to much.C'mon i think Nissan would be pissed off if Porsche starts to advertising the 911 Turbo with the GTR. And the TT 1 series are limited to 250 km/h the cayman can reach 265 km/h and the 370 249 km/h. Even the 88' 944 turbo wich has 217 HP can reach 245 km/h. So Nissan has good cars but the best ones are the 370Z, the GTR and the Spec-v (i think it will cost the same as a 911 gt2 RS).

So Lets laugh while we can...coz in 30 years or so we'll be driving them and they'll be an everyday sight! You have been warned!

30 years? Lol I'm laughing right now! The streets are filled with Camrys, Accords, Corrollas, and Civics. They are an everyday sight, a dreary one as well. :sulk: Those cars are so bland.

Yeah i know that the Nissan 370Z can compete with the Porsche Cayman and the TT or the 1 series coupe. But the advertinsing with the TT's and the Cayman is to much.C'mon i think Nissan would be pissed off if Porsche starts to advertising the 911 Turbo with the GTR

Yeh, I'd agree with the advertising beeing a bit much, but then again When Porshce bought 2 GT-R's to see if it really could beat a GT2 or Turbo(can't remember what one) round the ring, and could't match Nissan's time with standered tyres, nissan replayed along the lines of "Thank you for buying two GT-R's, but they were US spec ones, we used Euro Spec ones on our laptime, and if your test drivers are struggling then ours will easly teach them!"

But overall, most people will go down to bage snobbery! they see Audi or Porshce as beeing higher up and better! Hence why i see more 911's than GT-R's kicking around, and TT's/Camans then the Z cars!

30 years? Lol I'm laughing right now! The streets are filled with Camrys, Accords, Corrollas, and Civics. They are an everyday sight

I was meaning the Chinese cars! Japanse car ae everywhere! They pritty much killed the UK car industry! That and the fact unlike the UK's they were working and not striking every second day!

Yeah Calster17. I see more Porsches then Nissan 370Z or GT-Rs becuse in Portugal

the 370Z starts at 72028€ while the Cayman starts at 69447€.

The GT-R starts at 117150€ and the 911 Carrera 111185€

I'm comparing the Base models price.

So people goes directly to Porsche or Audi.

Besides i think if Porsche, BMW and Audi maked their sports cars with the interior material we see in a VW Polos the prices would much lower.

• 4 months later...

I just can't trust these replica kits. Some of them really do look good in photos, like the purple and silver Diablo above, but I'd have to see one in person to decide whether I'd actually buy one. And for the price of a completed kit car, you could have a really nice car that's not a fake.

Here's a really good looking Diablo replica:

Replica/Kit Makes : 2001 Lamborghini - eBay (item 260706943627 end time Dec-18-10 20:59:54 PST)

@killaldude = That's look gorgeous! Looks accurate & using some CF....

And, excuse me... Is kit-car is considered a copycat? because... damn, just look at its interior :

5148113530_73808ef81a.jpg

It's not very accurate, but at-least it can confused by untrained eyes... especially in Indonesia, Lamborghini is just like drugs, many of ours had them, but we just hiding them from others :D

Makes me want a SW20 and drop the kit...