We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Realistic Cockpit

Kinder

We all remember TDU`s ugly cockpit.When we were in first gear the gear stick was in third gear.Radio usage does not move the hand in cockpit to use the radio.Legs when accelareta brake or use clutch don`t move.When turning on/off engine the key doesn`t move.So what i want is that Atari and Eden fix those little minor things.

Minor? You realise how much animating and for each car that would take, that's not a minor task. Fair enough the pedals could probably be done but the other stuff is quite a job for every car.

Maybe a few of them at least.To make it more nicer and playeble.

Working digital displays. Titles like even World Racing 2 and European Truck Simulator have them, I seriously can't understand why TDU1 didn't have them.

Also I always noticed mismatching dials, the true speed as not shown accuratly on the dials.

And what I actually hope for would be indeed that stuff like convertible-top-buttons and steeringcolumn levers would be animated, but as TDU2 most likely shows hands on the steeringwheel those need to be animated too and then Diablo is correct in the massive amount of animations.

And as there's night, there should be illumination of buttons, gauges, etc. Some cars even have ambient lighting, but i doubt those will be in TDU2. Illumination is easy to do, all truckgames have them, so did NFS4.

I'm happy as long as we have arm crossing movement going along with an accurate amount of rotations on the steering wheel.

It would only need an adjustment for say 3 wheel diameters. no biggie!

But I'm kinda thinking even that won't happen. But just maybe, who knows. :)

I think the TDU interiors were great.

They were very detailed with pretty high quality textures and good anims. The shadows weren't too bad either.

The only things I would like changed is obviously the turn signal indicators on the dash with clicks and I don't want my guy reaching down to shift when I let off of the gas.

As Diablo said, thats a stupid amount of animations... I'd be happy with an animation to turn the lights on/off (seriously, thats not a big animation, you probably wouldnt even have to do a whole new one, just modify the shifting animation), and working digital displays. I hardly think that illuminated gauges etc need to be mentioned, surely they would have thought of that the moment the eden staff member said "NIGHT TIME!" in their brainstorming session.

I do not know anything about 'eden brainstorming sessions', nor do i know if they exist... *shifty eyes*

I like what your getting at! :thumbsup:

But I would also like that you can control them with say your mouse.... instead of say pushing a keyboard key or your the racing wheel/game pad, u can say, click on the wiper switch to turn then on, or click the radio dials to changed channel or turn it off....

It become a hassel maybe so u can still resort to the "keys" but I would use this.... more realistic maybe?

Ram

Should be achievable. There are trainsimulation games on pc (Trainz, Railway Sim) that have traincabs which allow such ways of control. You can either choose to have a special HUD for DCC control (simple and by keyboard), or you can choose realistic control, forcing you to manually shift+drag all switches and levers to get moving. It'll only get problematic when the arms have to move along, but if they won't have to, it could be done.

....It'll only get problematic when the arms have to move along, but if they won't have to, it could be done.

Well TBH there isn't (well I don't think there is) arms in games such as you suggested so all I reckon is keep the hand on the wheel or maybe some options can be done via steering wheel controls!!! Oh... will there be cruise control! :thumbsup:Now that's cruising!

Ram