We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Ferrari F40 sound mod

Doctor G.

The original video :

The sound mod :

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?fgdyz19dx1nwgu5

See also my first version : http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=16561

Thanks for comments.

EDIT (june 15 2010) : IT MAY BE A REGULAR F40 IN THE VIDEO AND NOT A LM SO I RENAMED THE THREAD

I've packed in on my GT1, sounds real cool :)

@TDUFREAK500: N'ah, I think more to Minime :p

I think Doctor want to say that you've put a v8 sound on a flat6 engine ;).

on the topic: Awesome mod, doctor! It really change the feeling of the car. I also put it on 288 gto (same engine base, with different turbo).

PS: can you release the mclaren f1 gtr sound mod you did? :D (really awesome)

edit: can you release the porsche 911 sound too? :P (really fan of your work xD)

eh what?:confused:

Well I just mean that I'm concerned about the sound to be realistic, fitting to a particular car.

So, as I spend a lot of time searching for good and specific audio sources and that I work hard on these, I naturally think that it's an heresy to set this sound mod on a Porsche who doesn't have the same engine sound in reality.

And even it if had a similar sound anyway, I made the samples from a real F40 (ok it's a LM I know ehhe) and I think it just fits for that car and nothing else, but it's just my purist point of view don't take it seriously :ppp

PS: can you release the mclaren f1 gtr sound mod you did? :D (really awesome)

edit: can you release the porsche 911 sound too? :P (really fan of your work xD)

Will do, just need time to fix little things.

Thanks to all for the comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this sound completly different from the first version I made before?

I've just listened a recording of a regular F40 and it sounds exactly like in this second version, so I suspect this car to be a regular F40 and not a LM, anyone has a clue? I know that depending on how the recording is performed the result can dramatically change but not to that point.

And btw thanks for the enthusiastic feedback all, I appreciate (enthusiastic or not anyway, I just like to have some feedback).

• 2 weeks later...

diffently a muffled F40

the LM is much louder. in the video the tranmission noise is louder than the engine. Alot of F40 owners through a wing and splitter on their F40 and people think they are LMs but they still have mufflers behind the rear grill. The LM is a more tame version of the GTE that car had staight pipes and a larger engine. I beleive your first version capured this. the sounds you have made are great if only someone could make the car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...