We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Hands On - 360 Magazine May 2010 (Issue 67)

t.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also didnt like the idea of being able to drive only one special car at a time (like the 177).

ill never get satisfied by this bcs i wouldnt be able to drive it all the time whenever i want too plus it doesnt feel so comfort to drive the clubs car,

you have to be responsible for it and its best to just own it, they shouldve make it "a hard to get" car but not that limited and "exclusive".

BTW i really really like the chain combo thing its sounds very addicting:)

and one more thing - someone said that the 177 render is representing the gameplay graphics, wrong it sure looks like an amazing realistic render not even close to the games graphics.

yup sounds as though a large amount of people are gonna be regularly missing out on driving some of the nicest cars in the game because of how it sounds like the club system is being arranged.

if you have to have say ten people to access the gumpert and twm steals it all the time it's just gonna make you want to leave assuming his quick witt and charm isn't enough to pursuade otherwise ;)

I don't think it's going to be as bad you're all making it out to be. Sure, it might take a while before you can drive a certain exclusive car, but after some time when the excitement has worn off, I'm sure it'll be easy to get a hold of them. PC users will probably be able to swap them for other cars.

Plus, if I join a club with a bunch of people from the UK, I should be able to sneak into the club garage while everyone else is sleeping.

Considering that the exclusive cars of TDU1 were only available to a select number of players only, this is a step in the right direction.

'get hold of'?

like you can take it to your home and keep?

here's the real problem i have with it - if i'm in a race lobby with a bunch of usual racers and the host whips out a gumpert the rest of the players usually want (if not outright expected) to match it - down to the tuning level if possible.

if the car isn't available because it hasn't been bought by the club or some plonker is off freeriding or parking at ford island with it then it's gonna be a severely grumpy atmosphere.

likewise if i'm racing with it and someone wants to plonk it in a prime show off spot in freeride...

the game will be great but so far this issue is something in the negative collumn...

players should be able to have access to every car they have purchased at all times...

I too dislike the idea of club exclusive cars. Stupid stupid stupid idea.

The Gumpert I am annoyed about being club exclusive, the one-77, well that's just a bit ugly pile of scrap metal, so no worries! ^^

Am I imagining things or are you seizing every opportunity to bring this up in each TDU2 thread? It's getting tiring.

someone else brought it up in another thread just now - it did notice and though it seemed like he was in the wrong place.

i don't think i've brought it up in other threads unless referring to someone elses previous post...

so - not guilty as far as i'm aware :)

you did mean me with the use of "you" right? :s

Is it weird that the change im most excited about is the Euro style roads with split white lines? Its going to feel so much cooler accelerating and going fast than on solid yellow lines. I feel sorry for Americans in this respect haha!

As soon as i read the section that certain cars will handle casually, while other will handle sim-like, my heart almost sank to the furthest it could go.

So, if we want a DBS in the sim handling model, we cant have it? Will the TT-S roadster handle like a car in Grid? or Forza 3?, possibly like Burnout Paradise?

I agree that the different handling scares me too, however, a part of me hopes it's more like the difficulty ratings in PGR4, so rather than a different set of handling rules, they mean that the cars are just less or more of a handful to control, whilst still feeling fluent.

I have to be honest tough, I think i'm going to prefer the hardcore/arcade setup. Hardcore, for all intents and purposes, was no-compromise, and it made driving slower cars more fun, as you drove in a way that conserved speed in corners by improving your line, and it really helped your driving style. It's going to suck if a Viper is a tail happy monstrosity, yet the TTRS is perfectly tame, all in the same handling mode...

I worry about the people who ask for PGR style handling (not singling you out) as I think they forget that PGR has instant left right action and oversteer is very easy to control, not to mention the cars seems to weigh half of their actual.

Then again maybe that's just me that found that. :)

Nah, I didn't mean the handling, I meant about how, when you chose a car, it has a rating next to it, about speed, acceleration, drift etc. and underneath it has a rating (Caterham R500 - Rating: Insane *Thumbs Up*)

PGR4 handling wouldn't do it for me, it just wasn't rewarding to drift, because it was so easy, it punished you for not showing off)

I just want to know if bikes can still make Evel Knievel jumps, hundreds of feet in the air. My friends and I have all wasted countless hours of our lives doing it, and then taking pictures of it as well. Examples taken from Xbox 360:

21dlafm_th.jpg 15n0l0m_th.jpg wbuff5_th.jpg

"Realistic" or not, it was fun as hell. And at the end of the day, I play TDU because it's fun. If jumping isn't in, I'll be SEVERELY disappointed, as will my fellow dare devils. That's a huge gameplay element for many of us.

"Realistic" or not, it was fun as hell. And at the end of the day, I play TDU because it's fun. If jumping isn't in, I'll be SEVERELY disappointed, as will my fellow dare devils. That's a huge gameplay element for many of us.

Hate to disappoint you, but they're not even including bikes at all at first. Sorry. :(

But they'll be in later as DLCs.

-Leadfoot

Hehe, I remember asking friends occasionally to grab a car with a ramp-like bonnet so I could jump over certain fences or obstacles in TDU, that was pretty much the only good thing about the moon gravity :)

20080811223621.jpg

I was actually in the car that time, helping Dan/Bimmer into the south-west airport when he was new to the Euro forums.

I'm not sure if that trick will work in TDU2 with damage enabled :o