We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GOT MY T.V.!!! Check First Post!

"Hedge"

hi every1, just wondering if any1 knos the best of the best 26 inch lcd tv's, trying to get a new t.v. i dont kno which 1 i should get, mainly will be used for xbox 360. thanks :D

EDIT: FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR T.V.'s so i can get a better understanding :D

UPDATE!!!

26 inch Samsung LCD 720p (but it adjusts to 1080p :D)

here are the pics

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/shadmann/IMG_1386.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/shadmann/IMG_1384.jpg

Samsung, basically. Any of the known name brands and you'll get a decent TV. I'm personally not a fan of the Bravia series, for gaming at least. Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic and LG are the ones I'd go for.

darn it!, ok ok, lg or samsung, depends because i kno some1 who works in a retail store, and he can give me half price on anything :excited:, ill prob go for the most expensive 1 since im getting it half price anyways lol

I have an LG TV which is about 26 inch if I remember correctly. The picture quality is rubbish on anything other than high definition most of the time (useless for me because only my PS3 uses HD), in comparison to my dads Panasonic. The signal strength on my Freeview channels is always pretty much maximum and there are hardly any display options to change in the menu.

Get a Samsung.

Honestly get yourself a Samsung, at 26" there's not much fear of bad picture quality anyway but the Samsung's can't be beat on Quality for Price. I have a Samsung myself for a while and it's still going strong, everyone I have recommended them to has also had no issues and they also keep referring these TV's to those who ask.

Style + Quality + Price = Samsung imo. :D

Honestly get yourself a Samsung, at 26" there's not much fear of bad picture quality anyway but the Samsung's can't be beat on Quality for Price. I have a Samsung myself for a while and it's still going strong, everyone I have recommended them to has also had no issues and they also keep referring these TV's to those who ask.

Style + Quality + Price = Samsung imo. :D

Not for me. :p

We used to have a Samsung HD LCD TV in the living room a few years ago. It decided to completely break no more than a day after the warranty had run out. Good job we had the extended warranty though. Replaced with and LG and has lasted over 3 times longer than the Samsung.

But hey, that's just my experience with them and it was a few years ago now.

i currently have 4 tv's in my house, 2 samsung, and 2 rca's 1 of the rca's lasted for more than 10 years which is in the kitchen (<-- lol!), the samsungs are amazing in quality and picture, 1 is a 40 inch lcd, the other is a small flat tv (non-hd/lcd) i think samsung is the way to go ;), but if i find a better deal for lg ill prob get that, it all depends on what my dad's friend has in his store.

You can't fault Samsungs image quality and styling but I'm not sure if their reliability is up to scratch. I know that first hand with my 22 inch Samsung monitor. It had to be sent off for repairs at the beginning of the year because of an apparently common capacitor problem which caused the screen to flicker and eventually stop working at all.

My dad has a ~25 year old Toshiba TV which is still going well. I haven't seen any LCD/Plasma TVs from them, though.

You could get a 26" computer monitor with HDMI intputs and a TV Tuner card for your PC so that you can watch and record TV like a PVR. The combined cost might even be cheaper than a TV, not sure. It depends if you have a computer nearby.

I've got a LG brand HDTV which I'm happy to recommend. I've heard good things about Samsung too :lol: