We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GOT MY T.V.!!! Check First Post!

"Hedge"

Samsung, basically.

Yupy! I have a 32" HD Samsung which I have linked to my pc aswell as xbox and its awsome :) You will be able to find some bargains now as TV's are comming down in price so quickly.

~Goodluck with your buy.

Looks nice. Funny how Samsung and LG TV's nearly look identical :)

thanks, when i went to the store, it came down 2 three tv's samsung, lg and toshiba, the other 2 had dull graphics so i took the samsung, amazing!, don't even need surround sound, if i put it to 6 its loud!, and thats not even the turbo sound :O

Yeah, at the end of the day it's hard to choose a TV based on website info and reviews, you just have to go look at them (and hope the staff have the colour menu setup right).

HDMI inputs often are louder than the TV broadcasts I find (I had it at 6 for the PS3 and 20 for TV), but maybe that's an Australian broadcasting thing.

no your right about everything lol, im never listening to online reviews again, because most of them aren't accurate, when i was looking for t.v.'s people said that my model number has ghost blur and dead pixels, i investigated it, and it doesn't have any problems what so ever.

need some help guys, what are the best hdmi settings for the xbox? my t.v. says its 720p but it still uses the 1080p res lol

Got the Following right now

Res - 1080p

Reference Levels - Expanded

Color Space - Auto

Display recovery - enabled

Should be fine like that. As for all the colour space options and such, they are up to you. Adjust it until it looks right, don't just change them for the sake of it.

All games on Xbox 360 are produced at 720p or below. The rule used to be minimum 720p but Microsoft dropped this. 1080p will only be a true benefit on videos from Zune etc.

I'd say leave it how it is until you notice something that could be improved.

Should be fine like that. As for all the colour space options and such, they are up to you. Adjust it until it looks right, don't just change them for the sake of it.

All games on Xbox 360 are produced at 720p or below. The rule used to be minimum 720p but Microsoft dropped this. 1080p will only be a true benefit on videos from Zune etc.

I'd say leave it how it is until you notice something that could be improved.

alright, i tried it on 720p, compared to 1080p, 720p stinks lol, so i left it on 1080p

Hardly any games are native 1080p so actually noticing a difference between 720 and 1080 will be more a placebo effect. Try watching a Blu-ray in 720 and 1080p though and the difference is noticeable ....providing of course the movie has been done properly as early Blu-ray's weren't much better than enhanced DVD.