We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Photomode Problem *please take a look*

Urban

Ok so these are my settings:

Videcard driver: Anti-Aliasing: Level:8X

Samples:24X

Filter: Edge-detect

Anti-Aliasing Mode: Super-Sample AA

Antistropic Filter:16X

TDU Settings: Resolution:1280x1024

Detail: High

HDR: Enabled

The problem is that ingame the cars look incredibly smooth and high quality but after I take a picture with Photomode the car gets ruined. The edges get very screwed and low-quality. Please look closely to the car's edges and lines:

8fd12980400210.gif

06d18f80400197.gif

56218c80400229.gif

These pictures are straight from TDU and unedited.

Please guys help me because this is freakin me out.

;314161']Hmm... They're like that on your PC, too? I would say that it's an upload compression thing, but if it's on your PC, too, that's weird.

Have you tried it on other resolutions?

-Leadfoot

Photomode seems to ruin the car. It's like it takes pictures at a much lower resolution than the actual game.

Yes I have tried lower resolutions and it's even worse. This is my max resolution.

Oops!! wrong thread.

That is very rare. Have you tried to disable HDR? :\

Yes I have. Same stuff.

Well,

this opinion might vex you.

1. Re-install it, or check your computer's graphic preferences.

2. Use Photoshop to resize your images or bluring on pics like me.

Unfortunately, you may have to reinstall. As for photoshop, it seems to me like the picture is divided into columns and then every other one is moved slightly up or down - I don't think photoshop would really fix that. :(

@hkim:

740 x 254 is way to big for a sig pic. I'd change it before the mods find out if I were you. ;)

-Leadfoot

Photos taken in game look pathetic (not always that bad) compared to when in game, especially when viewed in the Windows Vista/7 default photo viewer program (they look marginally better in XP or in Nero Photo Viewer).

A few members here enhance their photos in Photoshop before posting them here, which is why they look better. Google compresses images if you store them on their servers (they did even when I uploaded them to Page Creator one), which is good for our 350KB filesize limit, but not great for quality (although admittedly not too bad).

In your case, if you got a new monitor with a higher resolution, you should notice increased quality in your saved photos.

The point is that I have discussed this problem with others and their unedited pictures look lots better than mine. The car looks very smooth. For example, Tool831 uses 1366x768 resolution and his unedited pics are epic. Would the resolution be a problem? 1280x1024 is max for me. :(

What videocard do you have?

Try disabling any forced settings in the nVidia/ATi control panel and reduce the in-game graphics settings (incl res) to their worst setting and quit the game. Restart the game, increase the settings to max and see if there's any improvement.

Set your graphics drivers back to the default game settings, then run with just 4xAA ingame and see what the images look like then.

If they look fine with the driver settings not being forced, then slowly add one setting at a time to find out which is causing the images to come out like that.

Set your graphics drivers back to the default game settings, then run with just 4xAA ingame and see what the images look like then.

I have tried that quite a couple of times and they don't rly look better. The thing that I don't understand why the cars look very good ingame but when I take a photo in Photomode they get ruined like they are lower res or something.

have you tried using a different image hosting site?? switching from Photobucket to tinypic improved my pics alot...

That doesn't really matter right now because they look already bad on my computer and not when uploaded.

I have played a little with the videocard settings and I have found a configuration which seems to make it a little better. I disabled the forced-antialiasing but I left the forced Antistropic filter at 16X and the pics came out a little better. The forced antialiasing seems to ruin the car's edges. Please let me know if they are better or not in your opinion:

913cad80685640.gif

d7150680685649.gif

ffbccf80685821.gif

I have to say that I have noticed that lighting conditions are very important and I strongly believe that the "Weather"(A,B...etc) or the Moment of the day really matters. For example:

6f502280685671.gif

Edges ruined.

Cheers.