We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

Hope You don't mind me to give some debug info.

The uninstall file doesn't work for the full edition.

Funny thing is the fact that the problem is the install file and not the uninstall file.:)

The dome.bnk is the problem. In the install file there is this part:

<instruction type="installFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Lite Edition">

<parameter name="fileName" value="dome.bnk" />

<parameter name="fileType" value="Other" />

<parameter name="patchDirectory" value="\patchs\FullEdition\" />

<parameter name="destination" value="#bnkFXPath#" />

</instruction>

Off course it should be:

<instruction type="installFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Full Edition">

<parameter name="fileName" value="dome.bnk" />

<parameter name="fileType" value="Other" />

<parameter name="patchDirectory" value="\patchs\FullEdition\" />

<parameter name="destination" value="#bnkFXPath#" />

</instruction>

I know that the uninstall and install file must be perfect to work properly, so it can be very tricky.

My urgent advice for you is to test the unistall and install of both the lite and full edition before you release a mod.:warnsaw: For me its easy to fix, but most people don't know how to do it.:bsod:

Edit: Same goes for the clouds.bnk

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it doesn´t work by me:

I can read this in the ModAndPlayDebug:

** 01.11.2010 11:40:47 ERROR Error when trying to fix TDU registry information.:System.Exception: Unable to fix registry for TDU. Are you administrator? ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: In den Registrierungsschlüssel kann nicht geschrieben werden.

bei Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.EnsureWriteable()

bei Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.SetValue(String name, Object value, RegistryValueKind valueKind)

bei TDUModdingLibrary.support.Tools.FixRegistry(String tduInstallPath)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei TDUModdingLibrary.support.Tools.FixRegistry(String tduInstallPath)

bei TDUModdingLibrary.installer.steps.FinalizationTask.Run(Boolean isInstall)

Does the installer say "installed succesfully" ? If that is, just run your game and don't bother about this registry error :)

Here's a picture of road type 01 from next update.

6jlgkp.jpg

@wagnerpsc

Traffic signs are made by Carda. I believe his topic is still around here somewhere. :)

@jorge

Thanks, it means a lot to hear something like that. But, I can't agree with that, it wouldn't be fair toward more productive and even more worthy modders than myself. So I'll have to say that we all own them alot. ;)

@2shae

Great. :)

@TURNER_042

You didn't read INFO file, didn't ya? :p Uninstall IP and install Lite Edition instead if you don't like that TDU2 inspired gps map.

@Prohibit

Thanks mista! :)

@twist69

Didn't we already answered this question? Check back some previous posts. ;)

@Rubie38

Great stuff! Your video editing skills are getting better and better! +rep

@edwin

Not at all, I appreciate the help. :)

Agreed, I should take some time to test everything a bit more. Thanks for helping me out once again. ;)

I really like the new roads, but it would also be nice that when we install the game, we can choose previous types of roads from the earlier versions (for example the 1 lane roads with no markings), since they are all nice it would be nice to be able to select those, but these new roads look amazing, and i like the sewage covers on the road, looks really good. Keep up the great work cause im loving the mod! :)

I got my hands on some really great nature textures, so I'm going to replace most of the old ones with them.

35a3hhk.jpg

@TDUFREAK500

;)

@Driver R

Thanks. I'll post pic of road type 03 in next post too.

@jorge

I rarely visit Sound Shop so I didn't know you've released M5 sound. :) I'll check it out later, thanks mate. ;)

@andrethaiss

Sorry, but I doubt I'll include such options in the installer since I want for it to be nice and tidy. :D I could make separate installer per request though. :)

IP v0.9.4 is going to be the best IP version ever! And since one picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let them speak instead. :p

2e1axr5.jpg

ixxczs.jpg

256zipw.jpg

2wqsokh.jpg

@nineo

Dunno, I didn't started working on the weather yet cause I'm more focused on updating old IP nature textures.

@BMW_RobertL_93

Nice to hear that. :)

@GANS666

Yep. :)

@Rapheon

Thanks. ;)

As a big fan of IP I must say this: please give us an option to install IP with or without fog. At this point sometimes fog looks really bad when sky is blue, then all trees, buildings etc. looks like they have white textures which is really bad. I also doesn't like fog too much, I mean I like it, but it doesn't look good in TDU, it's too bright and doesn't fit the island.

Everything else feels awesome, with each version you change so many and by looking on screens I'm sure 0.9.4 will crash everything released before! GL mate!

yes i have tested the autum mod and it was really strange because it seemed to me that was a white barrier in 60 meters of my car....anyway i im playing with everything in max set including exterior nvidia panel tdu with 16 anisotrofic thats why there wxists a white barrier very far from the car with autumn mod

so i have unistall and just playing with 0.9.3 full edition and you know what is so clean and seems a 2010 game like (mirrors edge) hdr is perfect the trees the road textures.............

btw i left playing this game last year because it was bored and now with all this mods the game have gained is life again and WE CRUISE..........................!

@powerslave

Okay, thanks for the feedback. :) I won't remove it, but, I will set it as last weather type instead. That way, you won't be annoyed with it since it would show up only after few hours of gameplay.

Like you said, v0.9.4 is just going to crush every other version prior to this one... it will just be the most awesome IP version ever! :D

67phsz.jpg

1zcplvm.jpg

@jorge

Main reason I set fog as only weather type in Autumn Add-On is because I didn't have enough of time to make low resolution distance trees, so I've used the fog to hide those green trees in the distance. :p New autumn will have additional weather types though. :)

And thanks for your support. ;)

@anhdeptrai84

I'll add a Mediafire link for next update.

Some more shots...

2lkpthh.jpg

2i6mo9s.jpg

142woqx.jpg

@BMW_RobertL_93

Ofcourse. Major work on IP is done, so I should start working on updated version of Autumn Add-On in a few days. :)

@CamaroSSMan

I didn't started my work on it actually, but in best case scenario, working version should be finished in a month or two.

@anhdeptrai84

No problem. ;)

@andrethaiss

Thanks. :) All 3 types of roads are updated, hopefully, they are going to make their way into a final version of IP.

M6 seen on those pics is the one from Minime, recently released. IMO, the best M6 out there right now, give it a try. ;)