We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

What did I tell you all - EA and CG suck at looking after PC players. I'd be more annoyed at them, but my copy of HP from India for only $22 has yet to arrive :(

Knowing my luck, it's probably waiting around and work and my colleague has forgotten to drop it 'round.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's becoming a trend, Codemasters has done the same with Grid, Dirt 2 and Fuel. It's the latest of the latest, join in, ignore PC, or get outta here.

Anyways, where there's no DLC, there's modding and porting. I've seen the Ferrari DLC and the Monte Carlo track of Shift being ported to the PC version and they already imported meshes of HP2010 on both PC as Wii (the Wii meshes are hilarious xD)

It's still a bad sign though, funny how they have time to port over the entire game, and not a few extra cars.

Not All Bad News.

Quick update on the One Million Challenge. Even though we didn't quite make it to one million views of the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit launch trailer' date=' we wanted to thank you all for watching and sharing the video with your friends. As an early holiday gift, we're giving the three convertibles for free to everyone playin...g Hot Pursuit in an upcoming Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 title update (we'll be sharing more PC news[/Quote']

A friend of mine who also helps me out with PC problems got me into PC gaming just a few years ago .

After upgrading an older single core PC with EVGA graphics card, 24" LCD monitor, Logitech G25 & Wing Man flight stick etc...

I saw the trend soon after how gaming is shifting in favor of consoles.

In 2009 I got an Elite 360 & after getting a 1080p plasma this year I got a first release 'fat' PS3 also to cover the bases.

Since my PC is slightly underpowered (processor wise) I have gravitated more on the console side myself.

Although I really enjoy the PC side of things, graphics, modding etc... I see the problems that come with it too! Being left in the cold with DLC packages, and compatibility problems just to name a few.

I purposely pre-ordered Hot Pursuit for Xbox having a gut feeling the PC version was going to have problems & get screwed too at the same time. And it did! Car packs, engine sounds, steering wheel support, invisible rain etc...

I also have TDU2 pre-ordered with the same feelings.

It's really sad to see the trend going this way as PC gamers are what started this revolution in gaming to begin with. And now they are left behind with little or no support.

Sorry if you are a diehard PC gamer, but it was bound to happen. The companies are naturally going to go where the big money is. Although I don't agree with the movement & the trends, I am a gamer at heart & to continue to game I have had to adapt as well.

I had a feeling they might release the roadster pack for free regardless if the video made the million view mark.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having EA announce a Lamborghini package feels like a punch in the stomach after the whole business around Lamborghini and TDU2. Oh, how I wish NFS HP wasn't so bad. I really thought they were going back to their roots with this game, have never looked forward to a game as much as I did to this. Then I tried the physics for literally 5 minutes and I have never started the game again. :(

I tried the physics for literally 5 minutes and I have never started the game again. :(

Why not give it another chance? The starter cars are rubbish, the Super tier is where the fun really starts IMO. Also, online mode FTW.

I might get those new packs some day, we'll see.

Andreaz1 I'm with hpluls try it again, you might just have some fun!

I like certain physics too when it comes to car/racing games, but I like them enough to learn how to adapt to each one and still have fun.

No two are exactly alike so it takes a wide adaption on your part.

I get a kick out of NFS HP, I knew the physics would be arcadish but still fun.

Dirt 1 & 2 differ greatly though they are from the same series, again I adapt.

My top car games right now are NFS HP, Dirt 2 & even PGR 4. All have their own brand of physics, but I am out to have fun driiving like a madman, that I could never do on the street without repercussions.

Anyway back on topic!:thumbsup:

More Lamborghini's in NFS HP FTW!!

Always though the logo for Racers looked like the rear of a Countach, they eather planned it from the start or alot of people though like me!

Anyways, 911 Turbo(930), Lambo Countach, Diablo SV(with Pop-up lights!) and the Porker 959! Epic win for Me!

I'm one of the people who diddent rush to compleat NFS HP early and be left with no reason to play, so a nice edtion to add for me!:cool:

Why not give it another chance? The starter cars are rubbish, the Super tier is where the fun really starts IMO. Also, online mode FTW.

I might get those new packs some day, we'll see.

Andreaz1 I'm with hpluls try it again, you might just have some fun!

I like certain physics too when it comes to car/racing games, but I like them enough to learn how to adapt to each one and still have fun.

No two are exactly alike so it takes a wide adaption on your part.

I get a kick out of NFS HP, I knew the physics would be arcadish but still fun.

Dirt 1 & 2 differ greatly though they are from the same series, again I adapt.

My top car games right now are NFS HP, Dirt 2 & even PGR 4. All have their own brand of physics, but I am out to have fun driiving like a madman, that I could never do on the street without repercussions.

Anyway back on topic!:thumbsup:

More Lamborghini's in NFS HP FTW!!

Maybe I will, but for the moment I am busy with a certain other newly released game. :D

Each of these content packs will be available for $6.99 (560 Microsoft Points) on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

:fp:

They don't give PC DLC because of piracy, yet DLC is one of the best ways to restrict piracy - something TDU1 did rather well. Once the game was patched no-one could play online if they hadn't bought the game. These game modes focus on new online challenges, so if PC players really wanted to try it, they'd have to own the game legitimately.

I honestly hate EA for not treating the platforms relatively equally. It's not like they can't afford to absorb the extra costs associated with PC. They could at least have a decency to say before launch that most DLCs will be not be available on PC, instead of the 'maybe we will, maybe we won't' approach. :(

But what do I care - NFS Shift 2 will be out soon, and surely that will feature DLCs for the PC version since it's more like a sim :p

$7 each??? And I wasn't going to pay even $5. They want to come and charge me for "new events" in the same roads of that tiny map. I'm sure it's not a coincidence the Lambo and Porche thing, they're just trying to hit us were it hurts. I'm not paying more than $10 for the 3 packages.

True that. Feels smaller than Paradise City, cause you could do so much in Paradise, and this is just..crap?

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the Lambo Untamed pack yesterday. Spent many hours last night running the new events with them both as a racer & a cop.

More fun to be had!

I have to say the engine sounds are pretty good and have nuances close to the real world counterparts.

Not perfect but you can tell the difference between them. The Diablo sound has nuances that are not unlike the sound for it in Forza 3.

I like the fact they did not go the lazy route and just tac on the Murcielago sound.

Although the Countach is my all time fav car the Diablo is no slouch and is a hoot to drive in race or freedrive.

The two seperate interceptor modes where you as a cop in the Countach or Diablo pitted against a single racer driving the street version counterpart are very challenging events.

Very happy EA/Criterion made this available, regardless of the complaints about price and should have been included in the game. I'm just happy to be able to drive these dream machines.

The Elemento is shockingly fast but a strange looking beast.

Kinda wish I was an online player to expereince the 'Armed & Dangerous' DLC. 'Most Wanted' sounds like a fun open world event, cops vs. racers to take down the marked most wanted driver.

Next up the Porsche Pack next Tuesday, woohooo!!

I know many feel the packs are overpriced and so on, but I am just stoked to see this game supported as it has been.

With Dirt 2 I saw great potential for added DLC & support but it was never to be.

Not sure how far they will go, the right side of the screen is getting crowded, but there is still the left side they could use to add more packs & events.

So for me I will get what I can while I can, but still hoping this is not the last of it.

Now back to speeding, breaking the law, and chasing down speeders!!

Not sure how far they will go, the right side of the screen is getting crowded, but there is still the left side they could use to add more packs & events.

They'l device a new method, with a whole load of bugs so no one can play anymore? Dunno. But knowing EA, after these three packs, it's gonna be all Shift 2 Unleashed racing pwnz, and as if HP never existed. :)

Not saying this game or these new add-0n cars are perfect, but I did notice a nice few ques.

First off they did a great job animating the pop up headlights on the Countach & Diablo.

The downside the older headlamps in both the Countach & the Diablo do not light the road and surroundings like the new style headlights do in the newer cars in the game. Yellow light vs. white I suppose.

It makes driving in the dark much more challenging when using either of those two vehicles!

Try it for your self, drive either the Countach or the Diablo at night then do the same with the Elemento or Murc or any of the other cars really.

I thought that was a nice touch. Though this game is totally arcade I wish other game makers would go this far in detail ques for other games.