We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - BETA SOUND MODS (NEW: SLR, BRM V16)

Doctor G.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very happy that someone have the skills and time to make such great sounds.

In every game I have ever played, no matter how good graphics and gameplay is. It seems to me

that none off the game programmers have cared to make realistic sounds.

But You "Docktor G", you realy care about Skreaming Ferraries, the high pitch sound all the way

to the limiter. Your sounds make my hair on my body rise. Just as the Ferraries do in real life.

I always suspected them off shaping theire engines to make the perfect sound.

• 1 month later...

Updated February 3 : Lexus LFA.

Honestly I don't really like this one, plus it seems impossible to get a perfect result (no low rpm in the source, the sound is too weird and I can't make clean loops with it). I've had enough working on it, maybe I'll try to enhance it later...

Actually G, the lexus update sounds pretty cool :) to me it sounds like the 98 Opel Calibra LM ALOT!!! ima download n see how it fits

Edit: I likes it! but it only goes up to about 6500 6550 RPM. It definately reminds me of a Calibra LM or DTM at higher revs.

I loove the starter. I will mess with ignition timing and see what works best with it. RK spyder is very close, but needs a bit of changing.

THANKS!! :D

I agree with DJSalajutsu , but because I'm with the 2010 Lexus LFA (tool's) the sound need to be a little bit fixed . I mean it goes only to 6500-6600 RPM and the physics I made goes all the way up to 7000 + RPM . My guess is that it need to be a little bit fixed , but nevertheless the sound is epic :D

Ok so the 996 cup sound. how to explain this one.....

off high is SICK!!!! very good job in high rpms.

however lower rpm and a lil high too sounds...uh...metallic. a lil too metallic.

but that off high, don't change that, that sounds SO FREAKIN COOL!!!

also, I tried this on the RK spyder, not the RT12, i have a sound i really like on it. but the redline is the same, and the sound didn't go high enough.

i tried the sound on the Spyker T and it fit perfectly, at 7500 rpm.

It's funny, 25 people downloaded the LFA sound and i only received 5 password requests by PM, is it so hard to ask? Mystery...

Salajutsu, apl300 and kamata93 : thanks for your comments about it ; as I said, I think it cannot be enhanced more, so I guess it will stay at the state of beta forever... Plus I don't like it, neither the car, so i'm done with it... Urban : I guess you are left with no words about it, too bad... Next time you request me something, if it ever happens, i'll think twice about it...

Salajutsu, your feedback about the 996 Cup was really helpful, thank you very much man! Now I've done a much better version that may fits to your critics and I posted it in the releases (http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=24074), I hope you like it!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey DoctorG. I love all your sound mods. They took my game experience to a incredible better level.

Thank you very much for them.

PS - If you want, you may take a look on my youtube profile (look for jileao - that way, without "r"). In my favorite list there are some videos that can be usefull for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey doctor G the Miura sounds good do you think this video would be of any help to you for improving it??

This is the exact same video that I used to create the sound!

There is also this one but I know it already :

Thanks all for the feedback, it's always great to read.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's no really point in testing the beta of the 430 because the final version has already been released.

I don't understand your question... They sure have those samples or you wouldn't hear anything.

I can send you a link for the 550 sound (read 1st post), even if I'm almost sure that it will be abandonned (TDU F575 doesn't shift at all like the F550 in the video and there's nothing I can do).

I was referring to the sound samples related when you step off the gas (i probably got it wrong - my apologies). Anyway, the 550 sound has a good "ferrari" feeling into it. could it also be the base for an f50 sound (the 550 engine is V12 4valve nat. aspirated) fairly close relative to the F50: Wikimedia Error

just an idea..

again thanks for your response and your mods!