We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Concerns & Notices

Eudemon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, we sound pathetically picky but hey we're petrol heads and we want this to be the best it can be. I'm going to go through the latest trailers checking out the details, not to be proud of my anal levels of car knowledge but to make sure it's as perfect as it can be. Woot.

Disclaimer: I'm at work, I do not scrutinise promotional material for personal amusement.

I'm not sure if this would be covered by this thread, but it seems a litte trivial and i think i allreday mentioned it in a post!

But I'm conserned about the fact you can't seem to get crash helmets for cars, and considered the Merc SLR Moss edtion, Caterham R500 and the Arial Atom(all with no windscreens) are ingame!

Try putting your hand out the window at 70Mph and if it gets hit by a somthing small it really hurts! Now imagen it when blasting at 200+ in the SLR moss with no head protection?

It's a small matter thats been bugging me a bit, but i'll get over it!

LOL t, don't worry they want to know these sort of things as of course car fanatics will be buying this game and they will definitely notice any mistakes or flaws that have been made with any of the models in-game.

Good, because the Ford GT is already kept on hold on the line for over half a year to get the correct rims. :p

Also, not to bash them, but I don't think they find all the details dimensions of cars and wheels very important. If that would have been the case the TriColore would have had goldcolored rims, and again, the rear ones should be deep. They aren't, they are exact copies of the front wheels.

In the pics the Tricolore has the wrong wheels however in the pre-order trailer they have the right ones except for the rear wheels being wrong obviously. However it appears the Zonda F doesn't have this problem which is good.

And oh yes, if you notice something post it up.

Hey Everyone,

Diablo has been threatening me with scary pictures of goats, so I had no choice but to come here and post some updates for you. :)

Aston Martin DBS Rims:

Although the pre-order screenshots show only one version, you'll actually have four different options available to you:

• 20" Standard 20-Spoke Wheels (Default)
  • 20" 20-Spoke Wheels with graphite painted finish
  • 20" 10-Spoke Wheels
  • 20" 10-Spoke Wheels with graphite painted finish

Ferrari Tire Profiles and Wheel Depth on GT/Cinque

In this situation, we have done our best to respect the correct design of the cars, but unfortunately there are limitations to the technology that prevent us from using the exact tire profiles and wheel depth that you would see on the real life examples. It is always our priority to mirror the cars as closely to the real life models as possible, however this is one situation where we are currently unable to meet our precision goals.

Zonda Tricolore Wheels

The current images show the Zonda Tricolore with Red/Black wheels, but our goal is to have the Gold/Blue colour models available at launch.

Don't forget to follow my Twitter account for lots of updates. :)

Ferrari Tire Profiles and Wheel Depth on GT/Cinque

In this situation, we have done our best to respect the correct design of the cars, but unfortunately there are limitations to the technology that prevent us from using the exact tire profiles and wheel depth that you would see on the real life examples. It is always our priority to mirror the cars as closely to the real life models as possible, however this is one situation where we are currently unable to meet our precision goals.

Then how comes the Cinque does have deep rear wheels, and other cars don't? Or was it an edit on the image?

Thanks btw for clearing up some things.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that sure.. as that Ferrari 612 Sessanta is 1 of the newest revealed cars.

(Speculation)

It could also be that their "blur-disc" MUST be slightly outside for it to function properly.

(E.G. They're Car-universal, and so must be placed far enough out to encompass any cars protruding hub-cap.. Or maybe some texture capturing reason).

P.S.

old bug already known
I've searched through a bunch of threads with no luck.. was this gap talk somewhere else? :confused:

Yes, there's at least one mention of it, which is mine, I don't know where it is but I have seen it on several other screenshots. I can't be bothered though to find back that one single post since I also don't know where I posted it.

Also, even if the 612 is one of the newest cars revealed, the wheelblur is a general effect/object which is on all cars, therefor it has nothing to do with the creation and announcement date of vehicle X. You also can't really be sure on if it really is the latest vehicle shown, I think there was this issue with a bunch of screenshots, I think of the C1 Vette, which had a very old date compared to when they were put online.

• 1 month later...

i'm in a bit of a panic about button assignment.

in tdu1 i had the choice of picking preset setup 3 and using 'A' (360 controller) to accelerate with and the triggers for my gears.

some have implied i may not have a choice for tdu2 and would be forced to use triggers for accelerate and brake.

i find this completely uncomfortable and have also heard others mention their fingers get tired playing this way.

please can someone tell me what the facts are?

You'll get used to it, I don't know who these people are who get tired playing like that but it's not something I ever encountered in my marathon sessions.

I remember when I first got my 360 with TDU and discovered you had to accelerate with the triggers, was odd at first but I grew to love it.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

I've seen quite a lot of inaccurate models again. I know TDU had the same problem (take the CTS-V for example) and also all of these models feels plastic, it's maybe the material settings. Also I bet I have more legs than these cars have polycount. I mean compare these models to Forza 3 or NFS (nfs models are kinda low poly models, however they are very accurate, they've done a great job on those imo) and you'll see.

Hello all, things certainly have changed on here since i last logged in.

I may be incorrect, but while i was watching my friend play TDU2 on the PC, when he found an intriguing area, he attempted to bookmark it, but couldn't, because it was not on any road. I distinctly remember being able to bookmark any location in TDU1, not just on road areas.

Hello all, things certainly have changed on here since i last logged in.

I may be incorrect, but while i was watching my friend play TDU2 on the PC, when he found an intriguing area, he attempted to bookmark it, but couldn't, because it was not on any road. I distinctly remember being able to bookmark any location in TDU1, not just on road areas.

I think you are incorrect, I remember that when a road was within X distance of the spot you wanted to bookmark, it would snap it to the road.