We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Used Car's

calster17

Hello, This is an idea i had wile playing GT4.

Befour you say anything, this is not like the Online buying/selling system that was in TDU!

The idea is simple, Used car dealers! Much like the used cars on GT4, they would have miles on them alreday and preformences would be slightly affected(for example, on GT4 a oil change on a second hand car could give you a few extra BHP). The Cars would also be in a bad state, such as Scrached or Dented bodywork, Faded paint and the Seats riped and such like and the preformance affected(lowered top speed for example). the car's would also be cheaper as well.

You would be able to take the car to a body shop to get the dents and that sorted. Same goe's for the Preformance. But to make it more like real life, You'd have to get the original pannles and paint sorted out first befour beeing able to get a respray, same for tuneing it...have to get the preformance back to stock befour beeing able to boost it!

Now befour you think "you can bypass that by useing the quick repair", well to stop that if you did use auto-repair it'd just give you the dented pannles first, much like on MCLA(if you go into a race with dented pannles and no bumper, i'd give you old miss coloured pannles) Same for the preformance.

So much like real life, although it's a saving over a new one, to get it up to scrach will cost you, maybe even more than buying it new!(depending on the car, such as an older car)

Although some people won't care about dents and that, many(like me) would mind! And it'd also mean you could get a 'good' car early on ingame!

So what do you guys think of the idea?

The good sides are nice, the game can randomly or perhaps even brandspecific choose a dealer to put the used car for sale at. That way it's more reallike, and you prevent prices being set at a multimillion level.

Too bad it will only stay at visible damage: TDU2 has no mechanical damage so I don't see them implementing oilchanges etc.

If there are used car dealers, then there's really no point in having a trade system in TDU2.

You do have a point there, but having the in-game used dealers would mean that even when your offline you could still get cheaper cars, and It would stop car's beeing sold at a stupid price! ($9,999,999 Saturn Sky anyone?)

Could also mean some cars can only be bough at Used dealers, somthing about a old style Mustang with 0 Miles on the clock just doen't feel right to me!

I like the idea of buying used cars on GT4. Especially the Japanese ones which were usually cheap and you'd save a lot of money. If this was implemented, Eden would have to take a close look at what Gran Turismo made for their game.

O/T While we're on the subject, I think GT5 will have the same sort of thing as GT4 (if it hasn't been announced already xD)

O/T While we're on the subject, I think GT5 will have the same sort of thing as GT4 (if it hasn't been announced already xD)

Off-Topic

I'm guessing that they'll have it, it's always the way you start off! Although it'll be intresting to see if they've limited the ammout of 80's cars to stock up on used cars from 2000-2009. But theres some car's that will deffo be in the used part!(S13 range, Cappuccino and all that)

Anyways Better move it back ontopic, so Used cars Dealers is a good idea! :cool: lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...