We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Beta Has Not Yet Started **July 31st**

iLLGT3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vid' wasn't a fake; Atari deleted it yesterday...

No, you just can't find it...

On really bad ports they do have it.

-snip-

I loved Flatout, now you're telling me its a bad port. :(

Jk, I only loved Flatout 2 and its 10 billion CDs.

Burnout Paradise on PC had it too (although I can't remember what it exactly wanted you to press). I wouldn't call that a bad game :p
Well that's the entire point...WHAT it says, not IF it says something. I'm pretty sure Burnout Paradise says "Press Enter", just like NFS and the rest of the EA games do.

That's why I've never managed to actually play it....:nuts:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Woah that video borked my mind! When the music in that video started i grabbed my cellphone and tried to answer it...when there was nobody on the other side i realised the music came from the video... I have "Guns N' Roses - Paradise City" as my ringtone lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Woah that video borked my mind! When the music in that video started i grabbed my cellphone and tried to answer it...when there was nobody on the other side i realised the music came from the video... I have "Guns N' Roses - Paradise City" as my ringtone lol

You want to really mess with your mind? Play the game itself. Every third song is "Paradise City." It's okay in the beginning, but after a while you have to mute it. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

;341476']You want to really mess with your mind? Play the game itself. Every third song is "Paradise City." It's okay in the beginning, but after a while you have to mute it. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

No matter how many times you switch to another song, it just keeps coming back.

;341476']You want to really mess with your mind? Play the game itself. Every third song is "Paradise City." It's okay in the beginning, but after a while you have to mute it. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Yeah i know, i got this phone when i played Burnout Paradise...that's what gave me the inspiration :thumbsup:

Didn't play burnout long enough for it to get annoying, but i do remember it playing all the damn time in the game. Though on my cellphone i only ever hear the first 20 seconds or so before i answer the call and that's the part i like best haha

There were plenty of annoying parts about that game (I usually mute the in-game music pretty quickly for any game, few exceptions) - DJ Atomica, everyone trying to crash into you (that was the aim of the game, I guess), the arcade physics

-Leadfoot

GNR is my favorite band so it was hard for it to get annoying for me. :)

DJ Atomica
On one hand i love the idea of a radio host woven through the game and all the fun little things they can do with that...but on the other hand i thorougly hate Dj Atomica for being such a lousy, cheap, poorly done ripoff of Lazlow Jones (GTA), who, unlike Atomica, isn't fictional but an actual real world radio host.

Maybe not GTA style radio DJ, but some kind of radio program would be useful. Like weather forecast (already included in TV service) traffic condition announcements, random news etc...

live online radio would fantastic but also quite bandwidth demanding feature...

What kind of random news? That's only for GTA IV since it has a big storyline, and the player does stuff that will always end up in the news, assassinations, blow-ups, everything. What's there for TDU2? Only the fact streetracers are getting more and more expensive cars to drive around.

So I dunno, I don't think that's something for TDU2. But maybe I'm wrong, there's still nothing known about the story.

What kind of random news? That's only for GTA IV since it has a big storyline, and the player does stuff that will always end up in the news, assassinations, blow-ups, everything. What's there for TDU2? Only the fact streetracers are getting more and more expensive cars to drive around.

So I dunno, I don't think that's something for TDU2. But maybe I'm wrong, there's still nothing known about the story.

Reports of speeding vehicles have been flooding the police department's tip-line. It is said that many of those speeding vehicles are also very exotic, creating a spectacle as they race by disrupting traffic flow and ultimately, breaking the law. A car (Player's Vehicle) was said to be leading the pack at a very high rate of speed. The local Oahu / Ibiza police department have yet to comment but many of our inside sources say that everything is being done to combat these racers.

Written by: Yours Truly

How's that for news????

Maybe not GTA style radio DJ, but some kind of radio program would be useful. Like weather forecast (already included in TV service) traffic condition announcements, random news etc...

live online radio would fantastic but also quite bandwidth demanding feature...

Streaming low-bit audio could be an option for players with less than savoury internet connections. Could be an option to stream at high quality 256k (320k is unnecessary) Great idea though, I'd certainly like to see that implemented one way or another. Whether you could link to radio stations you like that run on a uniform network, I.E Winamp (ShoutCAST) or a specific website, creating a partnership.

Wishful thinking at most.

Reports of speeding vehicles have been flooding the police department's tip-line. It is said that many of those speeding vehicles are also very exotic, creating a spectacle as they race by disrupting traffic flow and ultimately, breaking the law. A car (Player's Vehicle) was said to be leading the pack at a very high rate of speed. The local Oahu / Ibiza police department have yet to comment but many of our inside sources say that everything is being done to combat these racers.

Written by: Yours Truly

How's that for news????

Right, that's one small bit. So you gonna loop it everytime over and over again?

You need lots of different newsaspects. GTA IV is a game with many things to do. You protect people, kill people, destroy stuff, steal stuff, guide people etc. That makes up for loads of newsmessages. Here with TDU2 it's just racing. Racing racing racing and nothing else.

haven't read all of this thread but a thought accurs:

wether the beta has started or not only concerns those that are in it...

and they can't say right?

doesn't that make this thread kinda mute? :s

Ladies and gentlemen, someone who gets it! You, FizzPenguin, have the right idea - it's a shame a lot of people at TDUC seem to be ignoring logic and posting angrily/impatiently/jealously/pointlessly about the beta that they're not in.

Someone give this man a cookie! :)

-Leadfoot