We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

Do you think there's any danger of Eden/Atari releasing any new info/screens soon to keep the community alive??? Or are we destined to continue speculating and chewing on these tiny bones until there's nothing left to discuss at all?

Yes, a pixel per day from picture and maybe we might see new car before 2011 :excited:

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think there's any danger of Eden/Atari releasing any new info/screens soon to keep the community alive??? Or are we destined to continue speculating and chewing on these tiny bones until there's nothing left to discuss at all?

I'm pretty sure the community is capable of staying alive - we'd be a bit fickle if we couldn't :p

I'm pretty sure the community is capable of staying alive - we'd be a bit fickle if we couldn't :p
Staying alive sure but staying happy and excited when nothing is given back to us, doubtful. I honestly hope they show something this week as to do nothing after announcing a delay after showing nothing for about a month will not be received well.

Hell I get emails from people thinking we are an official TDU2 entity and they're not happy. lol

As long as you can keep the russians who were responsible for the atariforum-party away from this site you should be able to survive it :p

Also it's a bit of marketing, by showing some new stuff bit by bit you keep the attention and might get more attention, whereas not showing stuff will let you lose the ''non-hardcore'' TDU2-fans, which will be harder to pull back to TDU2.

Fingers crossed for new cars and new features? Yes. Good find, Who.

EDIT:

From their previous review, I'm kind of curious about this:

Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with the gameplay mechanics as I was with the overall package. The cars didn't have the sense of speed and precision that I expected of them, but this could be a problem that vanishes with practice. More troubling are the game's visuals. The human characters are a nice addition in theory but they animate poorly and feel lifeless. I think they could use a bit more personality and physicality when it comes to their movement and their interaction with other objects.

We should have something like the Devtracker of the official TDU2forum. I've seen the two most recent posts, one about the game's localization (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, goes for the in-game text and the voice work), and one about racewagers, apparently a new option is you can now also deny the initial wager and propose a new one.

Staying alive sure but staying happy and excited when nothing is given back to us, doubtful. I honestly hope they show something this week as to do nothing after announcing a delay after showing nothing for about a month will not be received well.

Hell I get emails from people thinking we are an official TDU2 entity and they're not happy. lol

Hmm I should probably stop writing those.. :p

I know what you mean, it would be a nice consolation and a lot of other publishers do the same. Hopefully they've got a nice ramp up plan as we near release.

But when did they first show something for TDU2? The first time I heard about TDU2 going ahead was way back in May 2008 and there was still quite a delay before they released the first pictures and so on.

I have just been reading some stuff on the Steam site and there is news that the RELEASE date will be......28th FEB 2011, thats for UK and Europe and the USA is March....Not as bad as we first thought about waiting for ages.

Awaiting for Confirmation for anyone else?

Hmm I should probably stop writing those.. :p
Why I oughta!

But when did they first show something for TDU2? The first time I heard about TDU2 going ahead was way back in May 2008 and there was still quite a delay before they released the first pictures and so on.
The basic site went live first at the beginning of March and the Apollo and Viper shots came out also at the same time, I remember the email arriving with all the info. The launch trailer was at the end of April iirc and then others followed suit. The last proper media we had was the Aston Martin trailer I think which was over a month ago now.

Ye, the last stuff was One-77 trailer, 4 screens of the car, and the game announcement was made in March, with screenshots of the Viper, 300SL, and the Gumpert.

EDIT: the steam site I reach shows March 2011 as release date. I can't check the client, I'm awaiting another Vista reinstallation. ¬¬