We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fed up, still faithful, but fed up.

Lordstig

I've re-posted what i have on the TDU2 forums, to see what you people think, go to http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=7658 for that bit of discussion.

TDU2, your loosing a lot of fans and depressing others, if you don't herald this warning you'll loose many more. Like many people i am willing to wait for a better game, and will buy it whenever, whatever it turns out to be. Now, though, with lack of new info, old trailers and names of tracks being the only available stuff, my hopes for the game are vortexing down the drain. my suggestion is this: every single person who has visited this site in patience and helped others and given their thoughts, they deserve something. I'm not saying a trailer, not saying more stills, i'm saying some sort of show towards us that we are actually worth something not just sitting here for your flipping amusement, because thats what i feel like now and i am loosing my patience with you now, this is not fun any more. I've put this in a thread, but like so many others it will more than likely be brushed aside and ignored by developers. Bet you i don't get a response from any of them, don't give me any stuff about they are busy developing a game, like i have to others in the past. Blatently if they didn't have enough people to be involved on a regular basis with the site, it shouldn't be online.

petition? would it be woth it, i say, no.

this is not just here in light of the new release date, not here for people to tell me it's here for no reason. it's here to stand up for people who have given up so much time for others and seem to be trampled over and patronized.

Sort yourselves out. It's a sham.

Lordstig

Hey, I know what you feel about the delay, but it's for a good cause. If they kept the release date at September 21st/24th, that would mean the beta would've been rushed, and the development would've been rushed. The whole game would've been rushed. I don't know about you, but would you want a rushed game? Preparing something epic takes ages. Look at GT5, for instance. GT5 has taken Polyphony years. They spent $60 million dollars to develop the game, and it's not even out yet.

If TDU2 came out on it's previous release date, multiple popular racing titles would compete with it, like NFS Hot Pursuit, GT5 and MotorStorm Apocalypse. TDU2 compared to these games is almost nothing.

Think of it this way. TDU2 will come out winter of 2011. The time between now and the release is huge. Think of what the developers could do! They could probably add a 3rd island if they wanted to, get more licenses, model more bikes/cars/houses/locations/characters, improve the graphics/physics/damage engine and a whole lot more! Hell, they could add a helicopter to the game for all I care! Or an aircraft carrier! After all, it is Unlimited. This date change is good for the game, good for the developers, good for us.

Edit : Plus, TDU2 developers listen to the community. Look at how many people they can listen to. TDUCk and TDU2 Forums in total probably have almost 10K members! Don't forget about TDU2.fr! We're lucky to even have a game to wait for that is being created by nice people; people that actually LISTEN to little kids/teens/adults(?) talk about what they want in TDU2. Most companies don't do that. They just do what they want without caring for their fans and in the end, the game is horrible. I'm not going to give examples of some games that such events took place because I don't want to start a flame war of some sort. Anyway, to add to this large point, again, you should thank Atari and Eden Games for listening to us. If they didn't listen to us, the game might not come out so well, because I know on TDUCk, we got some pretty awesome people that come up with great ideas. I'm not saying Atari and Eden don't have people like them, I'm just saying people like them on TDUCk and on other forums can help contribute to the game to make TDU2 the game that the people want. Not what the developers want.

And to all of you who read this whole thing, you deserve one good cookie. :lol:

Edit2: To add to the community wants, there's a couple of threads with user opinions, wants/needs on TDUCk. Maybe Atari/Eden reads them. Not only does that help the game, the community helps the game too. We all are different, but we all have wants in similar ways. We also have opinions. This helps the game be fit for every single person that will buy this game.

Basically what's been said, really. I've said it in the thread which announced the delay and I'll say it again - It's just a game, life goes on. I'll leave it at that but if you can't wait a few more months for a game to be made even better than it would've been originally... well..

To be honest I'm getting annoyed of seeing people complaining about the date being pushed back. Complain about it all you want but it's much more than likely not going to change a damn thing. You're just wasting energy going on and on about it.

Just sit tight, buy some other games between now and next year to take your mind off it. There are loads of games which are going to keep me occupied between now and then and as bad as my taste is I think they'll keep people on here entertained as well.

^What he said.

Yeah there gonna be alot of Car games comming out this year.

So i think that Atari is being smarter then most of the other company's, since when they release TDU2 there will be less or none game to compete directly with TDU2, so Atari makes more money,players,fans and so one.i think this aldo a Co-operition between Eden and Atari. Eden needed time to correct the game, Atari needed to make more money with TDU2.So i think it's a Win/Win/Win. It's Good for Eden, good for Atari and good for us.

Becuse we will be so fed up with the other games that when TDU2 come out we are going to buy iy imediatly.

this only my opinion.

In my opinion, its just a game. I know some of you have waited AGGGES for it, but at the end of the day, at least there IS a TDU2 and they didn't just leave it at the first one. 5 or 6 more months isn't going to do you any harm.

I agree on that, also because I waited for Rig'n'Roll which should have been released in 2004 but was delayed to eventually Q2 2010 (I don't play it though, comments are mixed to bad), so I can wait a few months for TDU2.

And as said earlier it allows more time to save money for new parts.

As annoyed as i am about the date beeing moved, a few months is nothing if you've been waiting for GT5! (It'll be next year, no wait, add a year on top of that....ok this November)

It means that i can also play GT5 & NFS and not try and juggle 3 games around!

And if you can't wait that long, buy a new game to kill the time while we wait!

There we go. I'm pretty sure they're yet to work on the legal stuff for licenses. Let's just hope for now.

Might be me, but I actually expected the choise of cars to be made fairly early, not this late, rather close to release. Especially for a game like TDU2, with showrooms etc designated to brands, everything seems to be going good, the showroom for brand X has been modelled and textured and is perfect, and then the final licensingagreements can't be dealt with, so no brand X in the game... I don't know if licensing is also the issue why we only know 30-40 out of 175 vehicles, but if they still have to get licensing for like 80 cars, this close to release, I have big worries.

Might be me, but I actually expected the choise of cars to be made fairly early, not this late, rather close to release. Especially for a game like TDU2, with showrooms etc designated to brands, everything seems to be going good, the showroom for brand X has been modelled and textured and is perfect, and then the final licensingagreements can't be dealt with, so no brand X in the game... I don't know if licensing is also the issue why we only know 30-40 out of 175 vehicles, but if they still have to get licensing for like 80 cars, this close to release, I have big worries.

Hmm, I don't think the licensing is the problem. I think we only know 30-40 cars out of 175 because Atari might not want us to know all the cars in the game, otherwise it'd spoil the fun of taking joyrides in cars we'd probably never be able to drive in real life. If we did know which cars would be in the game, that would be like knowing the whole story for let's say, Black Ops.

• 1 month later...