We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gymkhana 3!

Car Freak

You guys do notice it wasn't done all in one take right? Notice the rain-soaked track in the middle of the video, then after that it gets dry again ;)

I'm not going to doubt the awesomeness of his gymkhana videos, because they make for really good entertainment, but Kenny B isn't a proper racing driver. He's (essentially) a rich skateboarder who attended a rally school one day, then huge sponsorship allowed him to get all the top-of-the-line machinery, which is why he's relatively successful in Rally America

I was fairly sure they soaked that with a fire truck or similar so that he could pull off that particular manuevre.

TopGear were originally going to wet their entire track each time to keep the SIARPC lap times consistent, but that would've been way too expensive.

ess of his gymkhana videos, because they make for really good entertainment, but Kenny B isn't a proper racing driver. He's (essentially) a rich skateboarder who attended a rally school one day, then huge sponsorship allowed him to get all the top-of-the-line machinery, which is why he's relatively successful in Rally America

^This.

Yeah - I've been watching the WRC and on the few stages he's entered he's either been out of the top 10, or has crashed out while around in 8th to 12th place. Still, he was the quickest American there :)

Loeb is quite remarkable to watch as well sometimes, although he's taking it easy now since he's practically already won the world championship.

Good as he is, I actually resent Loeb and Citroen, for turning the WRC into a parallel of the Schumi/Ferrari era in F1, i.e. you can almost always bank on them for a win. Of course, that's not helped by the fact that there's only 2 factory teams in the Championship...

Man, I really really miss the WRC of the mid-late 90s