We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed all of the licenses now. Jesus Christ, the Special License took the absolute .... I got a Gold cup in quite a few of them but I almost killed my voice shouting at what is actually my TV. Every test I had to retry numerous times because the AI cars kept turning into the side of my car when I was cutting down the inside of them which resulted in a disqualification. The test that stands out most is the one around Circuit De La Sarthe, it's the version with chicanes in it and I braked late to get past numerous cars on each chicane but every time the last car I was passing turned into the side of mine and got me disqualified. I still got Gold on it in the end.

Also went online again and had someone I presume was from somewhere up North because he was using a microphone and arguing with someone that someone wasn't replying to him. Then he had a massive conversation about going out to meet some people but someone didn't want to walk, and also talked about how he has so much snow he can't even find his car any more.

Cool story, y0.

You found the special license hard? I personally found it easier than the first B license. Got gold in 7 of them first time and the other 3 only took a couple of attempts.

i agree getting all golds was easy in this one.

i personally hate the license test since i always am .2 seconds to slow for gold but S-license was easy i was expecting the difficulty to be at GT3/GT4 level though.

besides if you still need a ferrari i could give you my 458 Italia if you like.

You found the special license hard? I personally found it easier than the first B license. Got gold in 7 of them first time and the other 3 only took a couple of attempts.

Not hard at all, just annoying. I got Gold in most of them with Silver in the rest too. It just took me some retries on some of them to see what I could get away with in terms of out braking people. This disqualifcation malarky doesn't suit my driving style at all and neither does it seem fair that I get punnished when it's the AI that caused the contact. It's all done now anyway.

i agree getting all golds was easy in this one.

i personally hate the license test since i always am .2 seconds to slow for gold but S-license was easy i was expecting the difficulty to be at GT3/GT4 level though.

besides if you still need a ferrari i could give you my 458 Italia if you like.

It'd be great if you could. I'd send it straight back once I've done the race. If there are any you need to borrow just say and I'll see if I've got the car.

My PSN thing is Mellors92. I think.

Cheers.

It'd be great if you could. I'd send it straight back once I've done the race. If there are any you need to borrow just say and I'll see if I've got the car.

My PSN thing is Mellors92. I think.

Cheers.

sorry to be late for the reply

but i'll send the request out now and will send the car asap :D

but does anyone know where to get the polyphony formula one?

as i need it for the F1 grand prix and the Ferrari ones are not allowed :(

so if anyone could help me out it would be great

I've probably spent as many hours on multiplayer as I have in singleplayer at the moment. I was on a server I created yesterday for four hours before it finally clicked I'd probably spent too much time on there. All I'd done for four hours was drift a few cars around Tsubuka endlessly. The server was full of people just drifting around at one point, I even got complimented by someone who was spectating me who said I was a good drifter. I'd personally say what I was doing was power-sliding but still :p

Haha that sound fun :)

Does anyone know about a really long straight line? My 1200hp Veyron got up to 421, but it was still going...

The Special Stage Route 7 in the city category? Long straight which has just a little bit of turning but nothing you need to slow down for. Got my Buick Special to 363 kph there xD. Not sure if it's longer than De La Sarthe no chicanes though...