We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, welcome after or whatever you translate it to, just paint the beast in Lambo orange or white and ders the best looking best evar.

Just wondering, the 24 hour race.. You have to drive for 24 hours?..

I mean, thats like, 24 hours!!!

And what if you fail and have have to restart XD

what I used to do in gt4 was drive it for couple of hours give it to b-spec , have a sleep , wake up and drive a bit more and you're there

Also according to the internet you can't. :p

That has been said by people who haven't unlocked the 24H races yet. But neither have I. But I doubt you can save them.

well how the hell ps could survive that then? Also shame about no b-spec in endurance. Turns out it's not really 'the real' driving simulator this.

The latest update to Gran Turismo 5, version 1.05, was made available just a few hours ago and weighs in at 608MB. Here’s a quick, official summary of all the new changes, but users are discovering a few more new tweaks in our forums as well:

* Seasonal Events: [seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!

* Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [used Car Dealership].

* Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

* Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

* Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

* Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

* Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

* User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [user BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

* Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.

* Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.

* [important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

MORE UPDATES:

* The license test menus have been streamlined. After winning a bronze or silver trophy, for example, you have the option to immediately restart the test without having to sit through the animation sequence. (Thanks, Alex.)

* GT Academy USA has now been listed in the new Seasonal Events (I’m writing up a full post on this now).

* Mechanical damage has now been implemented in the game’s “Practice Mode” – the first time the feature has been usable outside of the custom online events.

Source