We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Beliving in somthing

560BHP

Well, my last post about life stuff i thought went pretty well, so i wanted to do another, this time the subject is beliving.

What do you belive in? What religion do you belong to? Why? Could you be in another religion or belief? Or do you not belive in anything? Me personally, im an Atheist, need proof of somthing before i will belive it, even then wanting alot of diferent sources saying the same thing. Anyone can say somthing and have people belive them, but that does not make what they say the truth. Leave your thoughts and other generous comments below.

Danny

I've gone from someone who just didn't believe in religion, to someone who hates that stuff and actively goes against it.

I am in no way insulting Christianity and / or it's believers, but the Christians here, they way they force their ideology and beliefs down one's throat, it gets very annoying. Can you imagine you're strolling outside Harrods and,

"Could I have a minute to tell you about our marvelous God?"

^^^Yep

Have a faith in the biblical God, but I really despise religion and all that people create around it and the excuses they use to justify it. My belief :p

Also believe that alcohol is great for relieving pain/anguish.

And that riding my bike down steep rocky mountains give me more pleasure than anything else.

In terms of religion and how we came to be, I'm undecided. Neither me or my sister got baptised apparently, and according to Google this means we're automatically condemned to Hell. Something for me to look forward to.

I don't hate the people who have a religion and take it seriously, in fact I think they should take it seriously. As mentioned before, the people who try and force beliefs upon others are the people that annoy me.

At the moment I'm swayed towards The Big Bang starting it all.

Ironically, coming from a mission school student, I actively try to ignore anything that has to do with religion, though I think being around Mark has influenced me quite a bit.

No offense to you guys, but religion causes trouble and is full of hypocrites. Just look at Islam now, and how far the radical groups have twisted it. And look what all the European colonists did to native cultures using Christianity as justification. For better or for worse, almost the entire world now follows or aspires towards Western culture. And Africa's nothing but a continent full of crime, violence and lawlessness, after the European powers arbitrarily divided the place into countries that suited them, not giving once-powerful local tribes the chance to say anything.

i believe in a phrase that gets me through anything when im feeling down or i want to give up.

DO WORK.

as in religon and wat not im not quite sure. my parents never went to church but i had a baby sitter when i was like 7 who took me to church. but after that i never went back so im not so sure. i wanna believe but i also believe in coincidences

tries to force religion down your throat as does everyone that is part of her religion

I am sorry that all the religious people you have encountered have such an attitude. However, that is an incorrect statement.

Religion is not meant to shove down someone's throat. As a Christian, I do my very best to spread the Word of God in a non-threatening way. The harder you push religion, the harder people will be pushed away.

Despite having parents who did things for religion in their youth, they don't believe in it at all anymore, and neither do I. I hate it (perhaps the biggest understatements I can make about myself) and I try to avoid it as much as possible, that's as far as I'll talk about it. The rest is just pointless bashing nobody will agree with anyway.

Other than that, I don't really know what to believe in. I just try my best to get things right and other than that, I believe science :p