We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RX-7 vs Kawasaki ZX10

T0M722

Regular TG'ers may have seen this on their website but I wanted to spread round the awesomeness. This is an excellent video :lol: The motorcyclist is a legend imo :p

Large%20Image.jpg?p=110114_04:10

The Mazda RX-7 is a bona fide drift machine. A Kawasaki ZX10, erm, isn't.

This video features both, the former (Corvette-powered) piloted by Jim Cuthrie, the latter driven by Nick Brocha of Icon Motorsports, as they lay down some rubber on track. Brocha goes to great length to prove that bikes can in fact, get slidey, and therefore rule. Cuthrie's fine riposte is to get slidier.

A plucky radio-controlled car tries to keep up with the action.

Get ready to waste five minutes of your life, because this video, you simply have to see...

;386290']I spend days looking for well-done engine swaps, and then this just shows up on Jalopnik. :p That one shot says of the engine says it all.

LS power FTW! I'd put an LS engine in that RC car. EDIT: I guess this is one case where I disagree with Blinding about car mods. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Sorry for out of topic but :

IMO, i prefer use Rotary than LS, but in professional drifting, many pros prefer use LS than Rotary (even Takatori use LS1 than a proven SR20DET!)

I Asked my mechanic about the benefit using LS1 are :

-More dealer support & factory performance parts (in case USA)

-More torque & easier to gains HP (V8 FTW!)

-Higher HP capability (Have you heard a Rotary with massive power without getting fragile?)

-And longevity (this motor can go longer then the rotary without needing a rebuild, it's American Muscle made)

But :

-LS1 are heavy (compared to another V8)

-Low Redline capability (compared to Rotary, even Quad-rotor)

-Expensive (Compared to another V8)

But i very very love high revving Triple or Quad rotor, combined with greater hp:liter ratio and its nearly perfect chassis... sweet! :thumbsup: