We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Down to Earth Tuning from me and You

calster17

Hey, Though I'd set up a thread for your Tuning ideas.

Now by 'Down to Earth', i mean things that are in the reach of us all, and not somthing that's been made by tuning manufactures and appere at SEMA and TAS and cost us an arm and a leg!

Im talking stuff that we can do our selfs, without loads of money or put togeather so well its as if it was made off the production line!

Thing is my idea, and I'm actually planning on doing this my self! A Euro-JDM Mix

A 3-Dr Peugeot 205 in White, Sliver or Black. Then I'll get a set of 15" or 16" RS watanabe's(Black with Silver lip, or all Black) and Lower it slightly. Around the C-Piller I'll cover in JDM style stickers(Or if i get the 205 van, cover the rear-pannle where the windows would have been). I'd also I'd have a 'lase Bumper Repair' on it, and i'd draw on the engine cover(by that, I mean i'd draw stuff on the engine cover and in the engine bay! Get my friends to help as well!). Also on the back where it says 205, I'd add the letters 'JDM' after it!

power? not bothred...the thing will be for show and go, not for some trackday! So I dont really care if its slow! I don't care what edtion it is, 1.3 or 1.6!

the reason for this idea? Well most people think 205 and they think of the 205GTi Ralling! want it to be diffrent and to stand out! Somthing cars around here dont do, all the 'done up' cars are all really just slightly lowered and a loude exhaust! Sure, it wont be to everyones liking, and its not ment to be! its for me!:cool:

So whats your Down to earth Tuning ideas?

Well - I have a Golf Comfortline (158PS) I think.

First thing I did was upgrade the ECU software via APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW Porsche and Skoda Vehicles. (I'm sure they're available in Europe too) for an extra 45 BHP (203BHP) and extra 80 nm of torque (320), which is awesome for a 1.4L engine (supercharged and turbocharged).

Yesterday - I installed a SprintBooster plug in between the throttle pedal and the controller which removes the Electronic Throttle Control lag that most new cars have, which really unlocks the torque in my car.

I've got a straight through valve on my bike... :(

Gives me a little more torque, but on a 0.125l engine, you can't really call it torque.

-

Car wise, I'd probably have at a Toyota Altezza / Lxus IS200 and get that supercharged and have a (noticable, but not OTT) bodykit on.

Either that, or a Vielside 350z

Mooncraft hardtops are actually a cool (and obtainable) modification for the S2k. :) They are pretty expensive, but the are mass produced, so you're not building/buying something custom.

As for my "down to Earth" tuning, I'd make subtle changes to a Mk. 2 MR2. I've been looking at them on eBay and Yahoo! Autos, and they seem like they would be fun cars (especially the glass T-Top). I won't be buying a car for a while, but if I did, it'd probably be that. Ideal modifications - a new set of wheels (something twin-spoke, maybe ASA's or something affordable), wheel spacers, a slight lowering (Eibach Pro-Kit), the grounding of the wires in the "frunk" (front-trunk), and maybe new brakes.

Following that, my imagination tells me the interior should have a kit up similar to Alex Roy's M5. All the stuff is purchasable, and it would be great to have interior electronics installed. The stuff's expensive, but like I said earlier, it's all obtainable.

-Leadfoot

I'd have an Black BMW e39 540i estate 2003 with

-Custom air intake

-Custom exhaust (Magnaflow probably)

-Custom air suspension

-Chip

-Manual transmission!

-Angle eyes(xenon)

-Individual rear lights

-BBS RS-GT 18" and 19" (or something similar)

-Full M-Look(Including Shadow-Line Lists around windows)

-Tinted windows (Not too much)

-Carbon BMW Badges

-No model designation

-M5 e39 Steering wheel

-Piano black interior lists

-Black leather seats

-///M Gear knob

-5 seats

-sun blinds(if thats what they're called)

-Bose Sound system

Nice future plan imo:)

I'd have a 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer 2-Door with:

- Small 1" Cowl hood.

- 17" American racing torque thruster II/ 80's Iroc-Z rims

- Pop up sunroof.

- 2 12" Kicker CompVT Subwoofers with a DX Amp

- 1.5" Lower in back 2" front

- Billet Grill

- Limo tint

- Shaved tailgate

- Used 350 V8

- Straight pipe dual exhuast

- Throttle Body

- K&N Intake

Shouldn't cost to much, 6K at the most.

Wow, nice mod everyone! :)

Here's my little mod for my daily car :D

5973_104869034548_75181149548_2027493_1346761_n.jpg

SPOON front lip spoiler

JDM Honda plate number holder

Custom Made CF Hood

Spoon Wing

ES Depo JDM Fog Lamp

Phillips Crystal Vision 4100K H11

High Mount Stoplamp Taiwan made

JDM Fit i-Vtec Small side sticker :)

Sprint Hart CPR 16" (repainted to gold)

Yokohama ADVAN Neova 205/45R

ENDLESS SSS Brake Pad

HKS HIPERMAX C - COMPACT w/ custom holder (taken from my GF old GD3)

Dastek Unichip Q+ E4

WORKS Engineering Full exhaust system

Resetting Intake Coil & Sensor

Port & Polish

Engine Balancing

Polishing the Engine Block

OverSize piston about 0.25mm

Lightweight Fly Wheel

ACT Full Clutch Set

NGK Iridium BKR6EIX Sparkplugs

Compresion about 10,5 : 1

5Zigen oil cap

GReedy Radiator cap

Pivot volt stabilizer

Honda Access Modulo interior panel

Honda Access Arm rest with Center Console box

Mugen Pedal Set

Razo Shift Knob

Custom Floor mat "Mugen look"

It's enough for me... next plan, maybe change to DC5 lol :D

BTW, for EDM cars, maybe use Ronal Racing 3-split Rare is better IMO...205 Pug with JDM-look was...umm, make sense :(

nice Seeing everyones ideas and actual cars! Nothing more unique than stuff made by one man or a group on a car thats not cost the world to make!:cool:

BBS RS[/url] will do the job on 205 though.

Watanabes work on any old JDM, and theres a pic of a AW11 MR2 with them on, reason why i havent bought a set for it is because Since its mine & my dads car, he's said i can get new rims, bodyparts, engine mods, etc if i pay for it my self! and Sadly i dont have the money:(

I'm taking a Risk of seeing how they will look on a 205 though, trying to use photoshop and see how the whole project would look(and I'm failing at it, but if anyone would be kind to do a quick job, Many thanks!). Also it'd be totally Unique as most 205's I've seen in the past 3 years have beein at the Scottish rally stages, or have been GTi's which have been thankfully kept original!

And 'blinding_tears', Epic Honda jazz you got there! Unique as well! :thumbsup: love it and I could easly see that cruzing about in Japan!

I take again the statement about Euro Hot-hatches with Wats...they look HAWT!

A Pug 205 with JDM-looks & Wats huh? ;)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/008/5/b/Peugeot_205_Drift_machine_by_CptDesign.jpg

Now let's hope BN Sports or TRA Kyoto 6666 makes kit for 205

(TRA Kyoto actually had made kit for MK2 Golf, but the result was....)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/falloutboy703/Phatty%20wheels/untitled.jpg

Maybe RWB?

I remember a Photoshopped Renault 5 Turbo with a lethal dose of Nakai-san style...damn, it looks mental!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/107565704/Rauh_Welt_Renault_5_by_EvolveKonceptz.jpg

Now many Euro cars equipped with JDM parts, and with fine taste, they look damn good!

I imagine... Like 205 GTi or 5 Turbo or maybe Mini Cooper with it's aggressive looks & swift handling combined with the rawness of street JDM style will give a new trend?

The result will be amazing punchy! :thumbsup:

I'm liking them! Although with the 205, That'd be a bit extream for what im planning, although some Bosozoku style'd elemants could come into the idea, Such as a exterior radiator, although that would'd be on all the time and would be a pointless feture to have on it if i go to a show! I've even though of maybe some camber? But in the end it all depends on Cost.

Personally, If JDM style did start to take off on Euro hatches, I would't be for it really....why? well it would mean my idea is not unque! Ok, i'm maybe its not since i'm copying JDM elements, but I'm doing it to somthing diffrent! Even on japanese cars, if it took off it ment people who know there stuff could have a car that looks simaler to some random who knows nothing other that 'I saw it on a picture and it looked epic'

But then again, maybe it wont catch on, since all but a few people i know and like cars really just stick to the normal stuff (eg, Ford Feista with a tacky bodykit)

sutle ideas work as well, one of my friends is turning his Toyota Yaris into a 'Vitz'.

But back ontopic,

i know someone who's currently going to be doing a simaler idea to me, but useing a mk1 Renault Clio, but without the excissive use of JDM Stickers!:cheeky:

A 205 with some "Kyusha" style? dope :thumbsup:

Sure it will stand out from the crowd after the hype USJDM style (roof rack with bike, flushed rims, excessive use of "Fatlace" & JDM sticker)....

I'm getting sick of Civic with these similar style :cheeky:

Or maybe... Euro Hatches with VIP style?

In Indonesia, many Jazz / Fit owner, make they ride look like "Bippu" cars...and they look good!

Use Noblesse or Junction Produce-look kit & JDM VIP rims like Kranze or Eurohart

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Now just use Demon Camber for shocking & different result :)

camber-wheels.jpg

And the 205 will looks like Yakuza ride :cool:

Nice thread!

So, there is my list:

I'd take our BMW 320d Touring with M pack in Alpine White.

• BBS LM's 18" or 19"
  • KW suspension
  • BMW Performance Power Kit (from 130kW to 145kW and 350Nm to 390Nm, 600W fan, larger intercooler etc.)
  • BMW Performance aluminium pedal pads
  • 330d style exhaust tip

Just like that...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4828531161_df939136f7_b.jpg

But my dream is Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG W211/W212

• ModSport 8's Carbon Fiber 20" (W211)
  • HRE C97's (W212)
  • Lowered suspension
  • Harman/Kardon audiosystem

W211:

Evan%20AMG-1041.jpg

W212:http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/pyrun/vics%20e63/0A8J9356.jpg

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

Very difficult to do mods here in Singapore, but this is what I'd like - either one of these two would be fine...

BMW E34 525i (Touring if possible)

- Black, dark blue or gray paint

- BBS RSII or RS GT rims

- E34 M5 manual gearbox

- E34 M5 steering wheel and gearknob

- front strut bar

- anti-roll bars front and rear

- lowered suspension

- sportier dampers and shocks

- air intake & filter

- exhaust system

- E34 M5 brakes

- 1.5 way LSD

At the end I'd try to get maybe a 40-50bhp increase, up to 240 or 250...

This is the inspiration:

1438700470_abf690dfba.jpg

OR

Mercedes W124 E220 (post-facelift)

- Black/grey two-tone paint

- 500E rims/ old AMG rims

- manual box

- All mechanical mods are same as the E34

something like this would be nice:

10390671n.jpg