We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear: Test Drive Unlimited 2

ScoobSTi

Top Gear: Test Drive Unlimited 2

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx20/ScoobSTi/GFX/tg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

What we will do and what will happen on the show is/are:

1) Review the cars of TDU2

2) We will go on big journeys! For example, season 14's trek for the best road: the Transfăgărăşan highway. But for TDU2 an episode idea would be the best car to drift the Kelekole Pass, have Mellors in our reasonably priced car, do the news, and show the rest of the Kelekole Pass film.

3) Film each episode at a dedicated "Top Gear: TDU2" airport/track + studio (maybe somewhere in a member's home)

4) Crack some jokes!

5) Put a star in our reasonably priced car! (A star would be a member of TDUCk or just any member we choose on popular TDU/TDU2 dedicated forums/clubs. For example, a star to put on our show would be Diablo . Reasonably priced car would be a tuned low price car, for example, a VW Golf. Or something similar.)

6) Have a Stig on our show!

7) Have a camera crew! We will need people to sign up for the club to be part of the camera crew, which is a very important job! (More details below)

Do the news, if any. (TDU2 news)

WARNING

- OUR MISSION is to create films for the enjoyment of the public.

- This will be a large club. DO NOT join if you don't think you're capable of the position you are looking for.

- If you do NOT follow any specific rules, you will be kicked off the show and a slot in your position will be open for people to apply.

Jobs

Job Openings

• Host #1
  • Host #2
  • Host #3
  • Camera car #1
  • Camera car #2
  • Host #1 camera passenger cam (Sits in passenger seat of host #1 car)
  • Host #2 camera passenger cam (Sits in passenger seat of host #2 car)
  • Host #3 camera passenger cam (Sits in passenger seat of host #3 car)
  • Producer
  • Assistant producer
  • Video editor
  • Video editor #2
  • Video editor #3 (if possible)
  • Video editor #4 (if possible)
  • Stig
  • Audio guy/girl
  • Audio guy/girl #2
  • Audio guy/girl #3 (if possible)
  • Audio guy/girl #4 (if possible)

Job Descriptions

1-3) Host for TG:TDU2

4-5) Drives a car along with the hosts and RECORDS all action. HUD must be fully off!

6- Sits in passenger seat of hosts' car. Must face the host!

9) Helps produce the show by coming up with ideas.

10) Assists the producer with ideas.

11-14) Takes the video files from hosts and implements them into the show.

15) Skilled driver to play the role of Ibiza's very own Stig. You (along with the hosts) will do all you (they) can to conceal your identity.

16-19) Takes audio files from hosts and implements them into the show.

Show Information

Season Info

A typical TG:TDU2 season will have 4 episodes, each about 10-20 minutes long. We may be a large club but, for now, this will be the timing. Off season starts after we upload the 4th episode and will last about a month. Once again, the game did not come out yet and we did not make any videos so I am not sure about the seasons and episodes. This will be updated eventually.

Vacation

Yes, you saw right. Vacation. As a very large club, we will go on very large cruises/races when the season ends. We will just have fun and enjoy being the epic club that we will grow to be. This club will be somewhat mostly for work. The rest is for cooling off, chilling and having fun!

Star In An Everyday Car

Like I mentioned above, the star could be anyone that we choose, and that is willing to be on our show, respectively. We can't and won't allow anyone to come on down. No hard feelings and we are sorry if you are not chosen.

Our reasonably priced car will be a cheap 4 door sedan. It will be tuned if it can be tuned to optimize performance by a bit, and will be visually modified. A whole bunch of stickers will be slapped on it!

"Star In Our Reasonaby Priced Car" is copyrighted, I believe.

Star Lap Times Board/Stig Lap Times Board

Yesss, we will have one as well! Since we obviously can't write funny names and times on strips of paper and stick them on a magnetic wall in the game, it... well I don't know. Yet.

Camera Crew

You guys have a big responsibility, but probably the same as everyone else will on the show. You will use the camera car to record the shows.

Show Hosts

The hosts of the show will be chosen by me and maybe by a second admin, if I find one. We know almost everyone of you will want to be a host, but to be fair, the hosts will be members of different rankings from different forums. For example: TDUC, TDU2.fr, TDU2online.com, etc.

Hosts will also have a big job. You will have to record your review using a mic.

Requirements

- You MUST BUY the game! Pirated copies will not be allowed and don't work online anyway.

- You MUST have an active Xfire account.

- You MUST have a microphone.

- You MUST have good internet connection. NO DIAL-UP (Who still has this anyway?).

- You MUST reside in an area within a 24 hour time zone difference of the majority of the club.

- You MUST have decent graphics! Enough to run the game at your maximum resolution, without lag. At least no AA (Anti-Aliasing) and no HDR (if there is in the game)

- You MUST have a decent processor! It must be AT or ABOVE Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 at 2.2 GHz/AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+! These are TDU2's recommended processors. Overclocked processors will not count.

- You MUST be able to notify crew members of absences so we know who to use to review a car.

Tricks

Tricks we will be using in the game to mimic real life actions.

- When the hosts meet up at a certain place, what we will actually do is enter a race. We won't actually race though. We will film during the pre-race waiting area so we can all walk around each host's car, as if we were examining them.

- During a challenge, a prescribed route will be given to the camera cars and hosts, so that along the way, camera cars can set up at an area ahead of the hosts' cars. They can then film at a certain location for some epic shots!

- When filming at our "studio", hosts will use the game's special Sims-like gestures, like waving, etc.

- Camera cars (excludes the one that follows the hosts) can break speed limits to set up at locations before the hosts get there.

- It is probably best that you create TWO online profiles for TDU2. One for your preferred style of gaming, and the other for TG:TDU2.

In-Game Rules

Rules for the hosts.

- You must follow all rules posted on road signs!

- You must follow the traffic lights! Stop, Slow down, Go!

- You must drive at or under the speed limit!

- You must drive in your lane! You can not drive on the sidewalk, or on the other side!

- You must use the signals/hazards when switching lanes.

- You must turn on the headlights at night. Unless something happens.

- You must close the roof when it is raining. Unless something happens, as well.

- In the event a host crashes/rolls over/"breaks down", you must stop and wait with the person.

- You can't and will not curse/swear during car reviews!

- Just for some fun, pranks will be allowed. Not excessively though. For example, don't use the PIT maneuver every 2 seconds on one of the hosts.

Rules for the camera crew.

- You can break the speed limit if you are setting up a filming location, ONLY.

- You must film the hosts! Scenery shots are allowed as well.

- Follow street sign rules if you are leading the convoy of hosts!

- Obey traffic lights if you are leading!

- Use the signals/hazards when changing lanes.

- Turn off all HUD when filming!

Links

- Homepage

- TG: TDU2 @ TDU2Online's Club Central

How come you made this thread again (you already had one just like it a few months back).

As I said last time around, having different cameramen and producers will no doubt cause issues (unless you all have the same video editing software and movie-studio grade high-speed Internet links. If I was a producer - I wouldn't want to download everyone's different clips only to use about 30% of the footage, for example.

I know you want this to be a big community thing and involve many members which I think is great. I don't want to commit to any particular role (would be boring just having one role plus no guarantees with my timezone), but as you already know I'm happy to help where I can.

I agree with Ryzza. We once made a movie using five different computers, four monitors, and two completely different editing programs, and it was pretty clear that they were not the same (in fact, it was an extremely annoying difference at times). The cameraman and the editor don't have to be the same person, but over the course of a film (in our case, the review of a particular car for example), the cameraman should stay the same. It could vary from film to film (IE, the cameraman for lap times could be different from the cameraman for road trips), but it should stay the same the rest of the time. Segments that we have all the time should also have the same cameraman (usually with the highest-quality equipment).

Of course, having a lot of people on call is a nice thing as well. If we need six people to "pose" in competing cars (they way TGUK does), it's great to be able to call on club members who are online at that time. :)

-Leadfoot

Take Ryzza and LF's advice, they're experienced in this field ;)

I'd always be willing to be a prop car in any films though (be in shots shown driving any particular car), such as Track tests where they compare the subject car to a competitor, for example. Or drive one of the supercars in formation like in the Noble M600 test, any prop car like I said :).

Oh noes, looks like some people already tried this with N*** f** S**** World!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RuRGDk4cPU&feature=player_embedded (only a trailer)

Oh, tons of people have done it. Ryzza even did one, and I was well on my way a few years ago doing the DB9 vs. Train challenge. :) If we're mentioning other TG-in-a-video-game efforts, Sir Community's is the one to beat. Find it here.

Of course, our Top Gear will be unique, not a replica of TGUK, and - if we put effort into it - will be well produced. :)

-Leadfoot

• 2 weeks later...
I figured he meant 12 hours (and I'm ~17 hours). Then again, being 17 hours in front is like being only 5 hours behind (except I'm a day ahead). Put it this way, it hasn't been that big an issue for Leadfoot and I.

Agreed, it's not an issue (I always used the "12 minus 5" formula, or whatever the equivalent). Plus, actors/other participants in various time zones is a good thing, meaning that there's almost always someone online at any given time. :)