We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Mods

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

+1

Let Eden provide all their planned DLCs first and then abandon us to make TDU3 before we worry about car mods.

Let's just hope though that these DLC's, won't be a part of an Evil Retirement plan.

"Yeah, we planned that you'll get something 'round 80 cars. And then you have to pay for 5 cars every single time, YEAH!.

MUAHAH."

<Evil Laugh>

Modding? That depends.

But it would be way better, if the game would keep it's secrets at least for few patches.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do. Not. Want. Mods.

The game hasn't even been out for 24 hours. Seriously. I liked modding TDU1 because that started happening years after the games release, and if anything prolonged the life of it. made it practically immortal. TDU2 - just no. Come back in ~2.5 years please.

Fixed. :)

A really heated discussion, but can't see much point in it imo. Yeah, the game's not perfect in some ways, but there will always be social butterflies, and the game is made to appeal to them too (sim aspect). Game manufacturers don't really mean hardcore racing even though they say it alot, and incidentally I don't remember Eden saying TDU 2 was gonna be pure racing. There's no point in finding faults, after expecting so much out of a game for which the only official promo material were some videos, a bunch of close-ups, and a very leaked beta. That is ,of course, not counting the leaked videos on the tube.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????????

Okay that's it I'm done. What's with the corrupt *insert a very long beep here* moderators huh???? I asked Mellors about swear words. He said not even "stars" ( like this -> **** ) can replace swear words. Now what can I see up here superhyper writing "*insert nasty word here*" He doesn't get an infraction. He also offends every1, and derails the topic. I reply by not offending any1 and I receive an infraction??? Oh yes, **** you, stupid 12 year old bitches I'm done. I ain't coming back to this stupid forum.

@ Moderators

I really hope you get rid of the 12 year old admins in your freaking forum. Some1 said this suppose to be a community. Well I got 2 words for you: **** no.

: Sgt. Kanyo. To be quite honest, what you've done is replace an actual swear word with asterisk's. What SuperHyper did was not even remotely write a swear word, and if you paid any attention to the remote going on's of this forum you'll see that even moderators and admins use the *inserts swear word here* thing. It doesn't give any hints of actually swearing, its just an expression. Whereas you, are being a complete arse about it all because you can't get your own way.

So have fun, I can assure you'll be back before long :hello:

What this game needs (in this order) is:

- Camera position mod

- Sound mods

- Ability to change gear ratio's, ride heights, steering locks etc etc... (Or some of this permanently put in a patch)

- Slight physics upgrade

- Overall improved stuff here and there (for example the GT-R's rev limit at 8500k RPM)

Only after all of this this comes new car models.

When that's done we might start to have an actual game to talk about.

*insert swear word*

Happy? Gonna mail some real admins about this...

We understand that you're angry, but take some deep breaths and think about the situation. Registering a new account to make snide remarks is not a good way to handle it, and I'm sure in a few days you'll say, "What was I thinking?" The reason for the refusal to promote TDU2 mods has been clearly explained above, and if you thought about it for even a moment, you would understand.

In the end, what would you rather have - the developer of the game stay afloat and be able to provide you, in a few years, with a new game or have some extra cars now and kill the developer?

-Leadfoot

;394360']We understand that you're angry' date=' but take some deep breaths and think about the situation. Registering a new account to make snide remarks is [i']not[/i] a good way to handle it, and I'm sure in a few days you'll say, "What was I thinking?" The reason for the refusal to promote TDU2 mods has been clearly explained above, and if you thought about it for even a moment, you would understand.

In the end, what would you rather have - the developer of the game stay afloat and be able to provide you, in a few years, with a new game or have some extra cars now and kill the developer?

-Leadfoot

I would much rather have new cars AND a new game, but seeing as it's not possible, the former seems better.

I can see it now, TDU World...and it's a MMO... -.-

hi guy's got the game 3 days ago and i'm very happy about one feature...

when you get tdu2 you allso get tdu1 by going to the airport after level 10 you can fly to hawaii :)

and have even more fun

the best part is the interactive side

and yes it will need a physics engine

-Leadfoot

im not so sure it would make a difference, i mean in the first one all you done was put a shell on a platform that was already there and had a little tweek, i would still buy the dlc to have more platforms. plus when i look for a shell that i want most of them replace the cars in the megapack so you still need to get the dlc to get the shells you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah I already have a some kind of a "preorder". It's not a preorder yet, I just reserved 1, so I'll get the veyron ss. I'll still buy it, but oh hell yes modders can make a game better. You guys know GTA IV right?

This is what happened to it after the modders came:

http://data14.gallery.ru/albums/gallery/123913--40489923-m750x740-u73e7c.jpg

(note this is an example, so I don't wanna hear people telling me this isn't tdu)

@super Well if you learn every move, yes you can.

And you have to be deaf not hearing the difference between real cars, cars in that game.

Also why do you think they didn't include lamborghinis? Cuz every1 likes them, so release a DLC pack full of lambo for money, ... , profit?

And they said we'll have "x" many cars, while it's more like 8 cars (sarcasm) with 2 different types of engines, and paintjobs. It's like saying, look I've just added 5 cars to the game:

The chrysler 300 2.5 v6, the 300 with a 3.5 diesel, the 300c with a 3.0 CRDI, a 300C with a 5.7 V8 and a 300C SRT8 with the 6.1 (this was also an example) They are basically the same.

What I want and I think most people do, is GT5 like game with TDU2 features (like cruise around Ibiza).

PS: modders don't get money for what they are doing

I can't agree more, everybody loves lambos. but i also love ice cream :o

• 3 months later...

this is very true, but then I remember diablo saying we won't support modding on this forum because somehow eden still supports the game (:rofl: I know I laughed too)

but anyway the only way this game could survive is by modding I believe kanyo is right.

And at the moment, it seems like all modding development for TDU2 has pretty much come to a standstill. There are sticker mods, which can be used online without any issues, and we've figured out how to edit the physics files, but doing so gets you kicked out online. As for vehicle modding, people have exported all the exclusive cars out of TDU2 and modded them into other games, but nobody seems to care about modding into TDU2 - the file research thread on Xentax is now pretty much centred around discussion of how bad TDU2 is. And besides, the game needs to be unpacked in order to be modifiable, and I'm fairly sure that it can't be run unpacked if you have any patches installed, which means that if you're going to mod your game, you'll get all the release bugs with it, and you'll have to forgo the DLC content... :(

Modding is what I've been itching for this game in the last couple of months. I really hope some people take it under consideration that imo, modding is the only way to save the game because Atari and Eden do a worse job and they still get paid for nonsense... :(