We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DLC already on XBL marketplace

TimBud

I can't believe there's already 4 separate "special edition" cars on the 360's marketplace and the game is not even out worldwide. As well as an upgrade/tuning package

This does not bode well for future DLC prospects as it looks like we'll be flooded with extras all individually priced.

So that's where the Centenaire is, cheeky.. it was on the car list whilst the others listed weren't. Implying that it would have been in the box, so to speak.

Why is there no bundle either? I'm a gamer, a naturally lazy creature.. do they have any idea how many additional calories will have to be burnt as a result of all these button presses?

80points for cars which are essentially just painted is a little bitter but maybe they'll keep this price point for any new cars they add... I won't hold my breath.

108kb, that means the "DLC" consists of an unlock key of some sort, and the car is already on the disc... (For those confused by Diab's "they are 108's" comment)

Reminds me of NFS, Carbon I think it was. Had loooaaaaads of "DLC" which was just unlock keys.

The 370Z is a definite for me, just cos I like the car IRL. :P

Shame,I will get PC version,and will have to wait with all other PC gamers for mega car pack,which will take time.

Or, because the cars appear to be on the disc (for X360 atleast) they can be made accessible by a PC "community patch". ;)

Maybe..

I like this. Day 1 and "dlc" is being released already. If this were the old game there would have been some hiccup with microsoft and it would come out a week from now :lol:

As for individual pricing, I like that they didn't force the bundle. They could have included one sure, but by making them individually available more people might grab one or two. If they continue to do that in the future i see it working well. Not everyone wants to shell out the money for the whole pack so potentially they are picking up more customers this way.

108kb, that means the "DLC" consists of an unlock key of some sort, and the car is already on the disc... (For those confused by Diab's "they are 108's" comment)

Reminds me of NFS, Carbon I think it was. Had loooaaaaads of "DLC" which was just unlock keys.

The 370Z is a definite for me, just cos I like the car IRL. :P

It's "called" ULC=Unlockable content.. ..OK

I'll stick to 108's, also there's good and bad in this. 80MSP is the least I believe M$ will allow you to charge for content so Atari have been sort of kind in that respect however with them being 108's it means they are actually already on the disk. If the same is to be said for the pre-order exclusives then that would really be a kick in the teeth so I am hoping the pre-order bonus Download is actually a download and not a simple 108.

The exclusive content crap is getting a bit ridiculous really.

A few years ago, you would buy a game, and everything is already there on the disc, these days you buy a game, then need to purchase several bits to unlock things that you already technically purchased.

I am 1000000% sure developers are taking advantage of online capabilities, but to our disadvantage.

Not everyone has XBL/PSN/internet, so those who play solely offline are getting a royal kick in the teeth regarding patches to make the game what it should have been on day 1!!

A few years ago, you would buy a game, and everything is already there on the disc, these days you buy a game, then need to purchase several bits to unlock things that you already technically purchased.

I am 1000000% sure developers are taking advantage of online capabilities, but to our disadvantage.

Not everyone has XBL/PSN/internet, so those who play solely offline are getting a royal kick in the teeth regarding patches to make the game what it should have been on day 1!!

My thoughts exactly.

I've said it somewhere else before, could've even been these forums. It's getting a bit excessive now to say the least.

+1 on that.They just need money,that's it.I hate that.