We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The secrets of TDU2 continue

tdu66

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt i will pay for vehicles, that every buyer of TDU 2 deserves on the self beginning.

Umm...No. No, no, no. No one deserves anything that was not mentioned. Nor does anyone deserve anything that was mentioned. We were given a game where you could roam free in high end cars, buy houses, be social and customize a fantasy lifestyle. That is what we got. There's nothing more to it. Just because a vehicle is on the disc, does not mean we all deserved to get it right away. We deserve to get a working game, yes, so we should not have to deal with corrupt saves, bugs and glitches...that we deserve, but we do not deserve extra content that was not mentioned in the official car list.

The ACR, Hot Rod, F40, F50 nor the Agera are cars that we deserve, simply because we were never promised them. Sure Lamborghini fell through, but it was mentioned that it would be in the game, it was never explicitly promised, none of the cars are. Life isn't idealistic, some of the people here really need to stop believing that it is.

Umm...No. No, no, no. No one deserves anything that was not mentioned. Nor does anyone deserve anything that was mentioned. We were given a game where you could roam free in high end cars, buy houses, be social and customize a fantasy lifestyle. That is what we got. There's nothing more to it. Just because a vehicle is on the disc, does not mean we all deserved to get it right away. We deserve to get a working game, yes, so we should not have to deal with corrupt saves, bugs and glitches...that we deserve, but we do not deserve extra content that was not mentioned in the official car list.

The ACR, Hot Rod, F40, F50 nor the Agera are cars that we deserve, simply because we were never promised them. Sure Lamborghini fell through, but it was mentioned that it would be in the game, it was never explicitly promised, none of the cars are. Life isn't idealistic, some of the people here really need to stop believing that it is.

Aww, Honey...

nor the Agera are cars that we deserve, simply because we were never promised them.
If you like to be literally raped in daylight, that's your problem.

If you don't get the metaphor, that's also your problem.

I'm not going to pay for some DLC's of the Vehicles, that already are in the Game Database, or they could be done within few more weeks from the premiere.

Or some exclusives, bull poo.

Handling is crappy (Please, just don't. Don't even try to humiliate yourself, saying that i don't play on a Steering Wheel or a Pad. It just sucks.), there are less cars than in the first game, it doesn't have the same climate as the first one, and after all - it's just like a bad hangover after the first TDU with some social aspects as a Cherry on the top of a Pie.

Deal with it, keep living with hope that it'll get better, or just keep lying to yourself that this game is somehow better.

It isn't.

Oh, wait.

Yeah - Right.

It's just my opinion, and you also have to deal with it.

PS:

Life isn't idealistic, some of the people here really need to stop believing that it is
What the hell does an idealistic life, have to money-greedy butt tricks, such as releasing DLC's which just unlock the data already included on the disk?

I rather do some modding.

Time for the daily offtopic!

del. please.

You can delete your own posts. At least I can. Can't see any reason why you couldn't.

Aww, Honey...

I'm not going to pay for some DLC's of the Vehicles, that already are in the Game Database, or they could be done within few more weeks from the premiere.

Handling is crappy (Please, just don't. Don't even try to humiliate yourself, saying that i don't play on a Steering Wheel or a Pad. It just sucks.), there are less cars than in the first game, it doesn't have the same climate as the first one, and after all - it's just like a bad hangover after the first TDU with some social aspects as a Cherry on the top of a Pie.

Deal with it, keep living with hope that it'll get better, or just keep lying to yourself that this game is somehow better.

It isn't.

Oh, wait.

Yeah - Right.

PS: What the hell does an idealistic life, have to money-greedy butt tricks, such as releasing DLC's which just unlock the data already included on the disk?

*googles* Ah-hha, gotcha!

(see song name if you're too dumb to see my point)

Time for the daily offtopic!

You can delete your own posts. At least I can. Can't see any reason why you couldn't.

*googles* Ah-hha, gotcha!

-snip-

(see song name if you're too dumb to see my point)

I just love retarded people.

You really are lovely indeed.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote videos, thanks!

i agree with ur reasoning. we dont deserve anything that wasnt promised.

however, conversely, making the loyal customers pay extra for content which is already on the discs is a reeeeaaall **** move by atari, IMO.

if the DLCs will be models conceived and produced after the release of the game, meaning extra work on their part... IF they cost under £1.00 each, i think that would be reasonable.

any greater price or trying to flog things they already made and could have included in the standard game is douchey and out of line to me, and i will be boycotting atari in its entireity should this be the case

(i did plan to buy the game provided they fix the damned shadow draw distances)

like it or not, paying for DLC's is a trend that isnt going anywhere anytime soon. game manufacturers have found a way to make a little extra off their customers, dont blame atari for doing something every other game manufacturer is doing. not preaching... just saying.

Aww, Honey...

Suck it up. Don't pay for the content if you don't feel it's worth it. I can already tell you've got less than any valuable knowledge about how software content is uploaded to an existing item. It's probably good that you stopped here, since it would have shown how little you know about the process. Just because something is in the list, does not mean it has to be there at launch. It should be, but it doesn't need to be. If the concept of downloading vehicles wasn't so profitable or useful, then it would never have been used. Some people have the ability to buy or want to buy the download content, if you're not one of them, that's not our headache. You're the one complaining more about the game than I am, so I find it weird that you'd "coddle" someone, when you're the one who is more cranky about it all.

I got your retarded reference, except for the fact that it is wrong. Your value of something is subjective to mine. Since your connotation is negative, that means you don't like the download content because you feel it's charging too much. Good for you, don't buy it. I haven't decided if I'm buying it, maybe if it's worth it and thus not a rape.

I use a controller, I'm not really sure what you're on about here. I never said the handling was good either. In fact, in my review in another thread I mentioned this issue already and on top of that I already stated that we deserved a game that was bug free. I got used to the handling, it doesn't bother me as much, but yeah it needs some tweeks. This is considered an idea that was incorrectly implemented or it could be a bad idea. It's not a bug. The fact that there are less cars is not a surprised, and nor is it the first game to do this. I don't like how cars were taken out either, but there's nothing I can do about it now is there? Sure i can complain, but why do I need to, when many on here seem to be doing it enough for everyone.

It isn't.

Oh, wait.

Yeah - Right.

PS: What the hell does an idealistic life, have to money-greedy butt tricks, such as releasing DLC's which just unlock the data already included on the disk?

Hmm...somehow I don't remember saying that this game is better than another...wait that's right, I didn't. I merely said that if we deserved anything, it's a working game. So we agree on that part, from what it seems. I don't actually have a problem with your opinion, sure shout it out, it's a forum, it's the complaining that's annoying. We got it, there are issues, less cars, handling is mediocre, how about you add to it then? I haven't seen you do anything of the sort there. My issues with the game exist, I've never said this was a perfect game. Don't put words in my mouth by insinuating otherwise.

If you're asking me what an idealistic life has to do with my post, you clearly missed my point and maybe you shouldn't worry about someone else understanding your metaphors then.

P.S. Hey, if your mods are decent, maybe I'll grab them as well, given that they don't rape me at any time during the day, you know, since I really don't like that stuff.

i agree with ur reasoning. we dont deserve anything that wasnt promised.

however, conversely, making the loyal customers pay extra for content which is already on the discs is a reeeeaaall **** move by atari, IMO.

if the DLCs will be models conceived and produced after the release of the game, meaning extra work on their part... IF they cost under £1.00 each, i think that would be reasonable.

any greater price or trying to flog things they already made and could have included in the standard game is douchey and out of line to me, and i will be boycotting atari in its entireity should this be the case

(i did plan to buy the game provided they fix the damned shadow draw distances)

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a crap move by Atari. The thing is, we don't know why it was held back aside that they could have been incomplete by the game's launch. Just to play Devil's Advocate here, there isn't a guarantee that we will be charged for those two cars either. Last time we receieved the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR and Audi RS4 as free downloads, cars that people would probably have paid for, it's very possible that some of these may be free.

The amount you noted is about 1.8 Canadian and US, which is what we're paying already per car I believe if you buy the download content...if there is a hike where you are, then it's due to taxes of some kind. At the same time, you're not understanding that it takes 2 or 3 months to develop one vehicle alone, on an average 60k salary, that's 10 to 15 thousand dollars right there. They will price it according to the optimized price point, how many people would buy at x amount...if it's too much for you, don't buy it. Unfortunately many people here are confusing what they want and software/business issues that get in the way. Sure 2 dollars would be enough for a car...but that's banking on more than 5000 people buying that one car and that is just to pay the salary of that one worker, that does not count for the other operational costs involved.

I don't agree with the download concept idea because of how it is now being exploit, but for new cars that are coming out that were not out on the game's launch, it's a great idea, but like every great idea it got exploited negatively.

Since this is all off-topic..

Ontopic: Has anyone found any more secrets in the game...

Suck it up. Don't pay for the content if you don't feel it's worth it. I can already tell you've got less than any valuable knowledge about how software content is uploaded to an existing item. It's probably good that you stopped here, since it would have shown how little you know about the process. Just because something is in the list, does not mean it has to be there at launch. It should be, but it doesn't need to be. If the concept of downloading vehicles wasn't so profitable or useful, then it would never have been used. Some people have the ability to buy or want to buy the download content, if you're not one of them, that's not our headache. You're the one complaining more about the game than I am, so I find it weird that you'd "coddle" someone, when you're the one who is more cranky about it all.

I got your retarded reference, except for the fact that it is wrong. Your value of something is subjective to mine. Since your connotation is negative, that means you don't like the download content because you feel it's charging too much. Good for you, don't buy it. I haven't decided if I'm buying it, maybe if it's worth it and thus not a rape.

I use a controller, I'm not really sure what you're on about here. I never said the handling was good either. In fact, in my review in another thread I mentioned this issue already and on top of that I already stated that we deserved a game that was bug free. I got used to the handling, it doesn't bother me as much, but yeah it needs some tweeks. This is considered an idea that was incorrectly implemented or it could be a bad idea. It's not a bug. The fact that there are less cars is not a surprised, and nor is it the first game to do this. I don't like how cars were taken out either, but there's nothing I can do about it now is there? Sure i can complain, but why do I need to, when many on here seem to be doing it enough for everyone.

Hmm...somehow I don't remember saying that this game is better than another...wait that's right, I didn't. I merely said that if we deserved anything, it's a working game. So we agree on that part, from what it seems. I don't actually have a problem with your opinion, sure shout it out, it's a forum, it's the complaining that's annoying. We got it, there are issues, less cars, handling is mediocre, how about you add to it then? I haven't seen you do anything of the sort there. My issues with the game exist, I've never said this was a perfect game. Don't put words in my mouth by insinuating otherwise.

If you're asking me what an idealistic life has to do with my post, you clearly missed my point and maybe you shouldn't worry about someone else understanding your metaphors then.

P.S. Hey, if your mods are decent, maybe I'll grab them as well, given that they don't rape me at any time during the day, you know, since I really don't like that stuff.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a crap move by Atari. The thing is, we don't know why it was held back aside that they could have been incomplete by the game's launch. Just to play Devil's Advocate here, there isn't a guarantee that we will be charged for those two cars either. Last time we receieved the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR and Audi RS4 as free downloads, cars that people would probably have paid for, it's very possible that some of these may be free.

The amount you noted is about 1.8 Canadian and US, which is what we're paying already per car I believe if you buy the download content...if there is a hike where you are, then it's due to taxes of some kind. At the same time, you're not understanding that it takes 2 or 3 months to develop one vehicle alone, on an average 60k salary, that's 10 to 15 thousand dollars right there. They will price it according to the optimized price point, how many people would buy at x amount...if it's too much for you, don't buy it. Unfortunately many people here are confusing what they want and software/business issues that get in the way. Sure 2 dollars would be enough for a car...but that's banking on more than 5000 people buying that one car and that is just to pay the salary of that one worker, that does not count for the other operational costs involved.

I don't agree with the download concept idea because of how it is now being exploit, but for new cars that are coming out that were not out on the game's launch, it's a great idea, but like every great idea it got exploited negatively.

Since this is all off-topic..

Ontopic: Has anyone found any more secrets in the game...

i didnt even know there was DLC cars already, but im glad the prices arent much.

tho i am not sure about ur figures.... 2-3 months for one car? i dont think so man. im fairly confident i could get a modelling app, learn to use it AND make a true to life ferrari F40 in 3 months. for experienced modellers i am sure it wont take more than a fortnight for a model, maybe a month overall.

ill be shocked if ur right anyways :p

i didnt even know there was DLC cars already, but im glad the prices arent much.

tho i am not sure about ur figures.... 2-3 months for one car? i dont think so man. im fairly confident i could get a modelling app, learn to use it AND make a true to life ferrari F40 in 3 months. for experienced modellers i am sure it wont take more than a fortnight for a model, maybe a month overall.

DLC: DLC Store | Test Drive Unlimited 2 Official Website

I wouldn't call them "Cars", its more of re-skins for existing cars with a few rim changes but yeah they are worth owning if you want that much more "exclusivity" ;)

In three months they need to: Find the car, bring it in/set it up for design/development, design one half of it (duplicating it for the other side), designing the interior (only a portion can use the dupicate method as the exterior), the dash has to be reworked. It has to be implemented with the character, it has to be implemented in the existing game, the gauges need to work, it has to be set up to work with the physics engine. Once all of that is done (and I'm sure I'm missing something), it has to be tested thoroughly to make sure that it actually works well in the current game and does not cause any problems. Also, a true-to-life Ferrari F40, you would need a real F40 as pictures will not cut it.

These models are from scratch, they aren't just ported from another game...can any modder here make a car from scratch? Sure, some better ones could do it faster, but remember you're only going to work for eight hours a day max as well, no career person is going to stay late unless they absolutely have too.

From what it sounds like, you haven't touched modelling software yet..have you? I have, and as fun as it was, it is exhausting on your eyes and your mind to make sure things work as well as you want. You might be able to do it, and if you can, you could probably find a job and go with it if that's what you want to do.

Edit: Found it, Q&A: Turn 10 on Forza 2's 11 new rides - News at GameSpot

DG: Generally, its takes a car 11 to 12 production weeks to go from reference complete to playable in the build with a full team of car artists, data researchers, and sound designers working on it. We have several of these teams, so this work can happen simultaneously on different cars. Also, we can speed up the production of each car by combining several car teams onto one car--as we did for the cars of the Nissan and Peugeot pack. However, it can get really bogged down if we can't find or capture a good reference.

In the original Forza Motorsport, it took a smaller car team 6 to 7 production weeks to make each car. It's easy to inflate production numbers by counting them in man-years. For example, a team of 6 people working for 11 weeks to build a car equals more than one man-year to complete. However, that kind of mathematical tomfoolery is pointless. To answer your question best, I'd say it takes four times as many man-hours, but we do it in only twice the time by applying more people and technology. Needless to say, 300-plus cars equal an army of artists, researchers, sound designers, and testers, as well as some cool tech.

It's for Forza 2, but you can safely assume that it takes at least the same for the current games if not longer due to having to enhance graphics and car models otherwise they look old, they always need a refresh at least.

Ohh I thought you were talking about the ACR and so on... Well I can post you a screenshot of the XboX exclusive car on the PC Disk.

Give me a few minutes and I will repost it in this post.

So there you go.

I can get the ACR and all of them lot + pre order cars too.

I ll try to find some that are not yet mentioned.

Any chance you can let us know how you did this? I cant play online as my internet is way too slow, so it'll be cool to try do what you have done here!:thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Please do not quote pictures, Thanks!

In three months they need to: Find the car, bring it in/set it up for design/development, design one half of it (duplicating it for the other side), designing the interior (only a portion can use the dupicate method as the exterior), the dash has to be reworked. It has to be implemented with the character, it has to be implemented in the existing game, the gauges need to work, it has to be set up to work with the physics engine. Once all of that is done (and I'm sure I'm missing something), it has to be tested thoroughly to make sure that it actually works well in the current game and does not cause any problems. Also, a true-to-life Ferrari F40, you would need a real F40 as pictures will not cut it.

These models are from scratch, they aren't just ported from another game...can any modder here make a car from scratch? Sure, some better ones could do it faster, but remember you're only going to work for eight hours a day max as well, no career person is going to stay late unless they absolutely have too.

From what it sounds like, you haven't touched modelling software yet..have you? I have, and as fun as it was, it is exhausting on your eyes and your mind to make sure things work as well as you want. You might be able to do it, and if you can, you could probably find a job and go with it if that's what you want to do.

no ur right i havent but iv been downloading models of other people for a long long time. and until now i was pretty certain that they dont actualy attain the car itself to model with... modders at least. if developers can swing that, its another shocker to me lol tho i spose it explains how its all so true too life

but thinkin... these days id imagine it more likely to just scan the car in some 3d scanner if they can get hold of them all 1 by 1 anyway..?

@Ibn: +Rep for your comments, thank you. :)

no ur right i havent but iv been downloading models of other people for a long long time. and until now i was pretty certain that they dont actualy attain the car itself to model with... modders at least. if developers can swing that, its another shocker to me lol tho i spose it explains how its all so true too life

but thinkin... these days id imagine it more likely to just scan the car in some 3d scanner if they can get hold of them all 1 by 1 anyway..?

3D scanners aren't just lying around - they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, AND you need to have every single car available. Besides, the people in "communities" who make models often feel a lot of passion for what they do, and spend months studying the object they plan to model - not so with most paid CGI model creators (they're probably not even car people).

Also, most modders for car games just rip the models from other games. It's very rare to find someone like BasBas or 2CV SUPER GT (there are some others, too) who actually make their own models. And when they do, it takes months.

-Leadfoot

I've found some cars that surprised me, but most of them aren 't finished yet, like the 599xx and the agera, the hotrod is a bonus car, but now I've found a way to unlock cars like dlc cars,

I have unlocked the 599 china edition, veyron sang bleu, veyron supersport, ferrari fxx, spyker aileron. and that all for free, Maybe I'll post a picture later on. I'm now going to unlock the black edition cars, the zonda tricolore and the gumpert apollo s

I've found some cars that surprised me, but most of them aren 't finished yet, like the 599xx and the agera, the hotrod is a bonus car, but now I've found a way to unlock cars like dlc cars,

I have unlocked the 599 china edition, veyron sang bleu, veyron supersport, ferrari fxx, spyker aileron. and that all for free, Maybe I'll post a picture later on. I'm now going to unlock the black edition cars, the zonda tricolore and the gumpert apollo s

Online/Offline?