We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New cars mods?

Fli25

Hi guys my first time here, sorry if im wrong, but I searched and dont found any threads like this, I would like to know when people will start to make addon cars for the game? (like some porsche, etc.)]

thank you.

Well, we allready have decrypted all the files, the problem is that we can't make a .big file yet. so we can't put the mods back in the game. It's really complicated!

I don't know when how long it takes before people have found out how to.

But that's really necessairy well there's really good progress so just have a bit of patience.

that is quite critical for the future of this game.

not till they release all dlc's. Till there we won't have a scope of what we will have available to us to work with.

TBH, i hope they do release lots of dlcs and somehow keep fixing stuff for a long time before we start needing to mod the game ourselves.

not till they release all dlc's. Till there we won't have a scope of what we will have available to us to work with.

TBH, i hope they do release lots of dlcs and somehow keep fixing stuff for a long time before we start needing to mod the game ourselves.

i hope they make mods so fast that they dont even release DLCs :p i freakin hate those things, wat a rip off! its just the next gen way to screw people. make a game, prevent user mods, make all the mods urself and then SELL them to customers THAT BOUGHT THE GAME, for lame prices. next thing u know theyll b charging for patches.

unless these DLC cars are 50p each, i say up urs atari ill wait for mods and u all should too. if DLCs dont fail theyll keep doin this! :P

i hope they make mods so fast that they dont even release DLCs :p i freakin hate those things, wat a rip off! its just the next gen way to screw people. make a game, prevent user mods, make all the mods urself and then SELL them to customers THAT BOUGHT THE GAME, for lame prices. next thing u know theyll b charging for patches.

unless these DLC cars are 50p each, i say up urs atari ill wait for mods and u all should too. if DLCs dont fail theyll keep doin this! :P

You sound like a child :D

How about some of you guys familiar with mods, work on Unpacking the files? Much better, as SHIFT did this, and unpacking made the whole game more easier to access from a modders point of view, and then we can play it without repacking too :)

Don't really know if this is possible, but worth trying. And also, Shift had handling mods too, to fix the games handling. So it's only a matter of time till the guys crack it.

Stop worrying about modding. Just enjoy the game for what it is now! TDU1 didn't get mods until about 2 years later, and we were perfectly fine with the game before the mods. Sure, the mods made the game better but it's not like we were allowed to do it.

TDUCk now has some sort of policy on modding TDU2. Sure, we started a huge trend with TDU1, but that won't and probably can't happen with TDU2.

Just play the game with the files that were shipped on disc! Yes, I know, TDU2 is not perfect. Well guess what, it's less than a month old. No game is perfect.

You say that because you play on the PC, what about us who play on the Xbox 360/PS3? We prefer DLCs (and A LOT of them) since that's pretty much the only way for us to get new cars.

You say that because you play on the PC, what about us who play on the Xbox 360/PS3? We prefer DLCs (and A LOT of them) since that's pretty much the only way for us to get new cars.

Agreed! Plus, console players might have to pay for DLC's. PC players do too, but people who are already willing to donate organs for mods obviously won't.

Just giving ideas. Doesn't implicate me or anything..does it? :confused:

Mods or no mods, I'd heartily welcome a physics tweak. I can't steer with mah keyboard, and there's no mouse option. Unless there's some third party tool allowing steering with the mouse for all games?

wouldnt u prefer it even more if they included the DLC cars in the game u already paid for instead? (or put them in a free update)

im sorry i just think DLCs are totally bull. especialy that theyve made modding hard on purpose to milk the dlcs

DLC that unlocks content already on the disc is crap I agree, DLC that's actually new and has to be downloaded to be used is fine with me.

And in regards to TDU2 modding, we won't be allowing car mods to be posted here for TDU2 for at least 6-12 months depending on the after release support of the game from Atari and Eden.

And in regards to TDU2 modding, we won't be allowing car mods to be posted here for TDU2 for at least 6-12 months depending on the after release support of the game from Atari and Eden.

By the look on how this game is supported now if I were you I would change that time to 6-12 weeks.

They literally piss on all TDU1 fans, they removed (or disabled, might be still implemented) best TDU1 features like seat adjustment, slipstream, proper shifter, handling... all of this to add "awesome" turn indicators.

If they don't respect PC users, why we should respect them?

Modders don't harm anyone with their mods, they make this game better, and it needs to be better, you my friend should allow good quality mods on this forum as soon as they will be available. For community, for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows...

If/when TDU2 can be modded everyone would have to unpack the whole TDU2.. Then also apply a .exe mod that makes online not available anymore. Period..

The TDU2 needs the bug fixed/patches to be removed too, the game has to be run completely standard. So all bugs that do get fixed in patches people who have mods will fail to get any fixes.

However, it still is early days of this "Unpacking TDU2" stuff.

--------

There is something people could do without unpacking the game is change the overall physics of the game. For example: Grip, G25/wheel properties and more.. This however does not change car performance or handling of the car.

I think its just a common car physics file, contains some detailed stuff for grip and handling.