We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 3 {DT} - Information & News :: Thread

iLLGT3

This game looks brilliant. I loved BFBC2 and the online was awesome as well. Huge maps, many vehicles. Hope this is just as good :)

I'm hoping it leans more towards BF2 rather than BFBC2. BF2 was and still is a great game to play.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that is something I enjoyed about BFBC2. I played with people who were decent but not exceptional and if we played together as a unit us average folk could get ourselves victory over a more skillful team of lone wolves.

I've been watching live stream yesterday and there was some multiplayer action from demo (not trailer from previous page) presented and I'm pretty sure I can confirm gun customization. One guy had a flashlight attached to his M4 instead of ACOG scope :) It actually was quite useful because some parts of the map were really dark.

[e]

5:50 Attachments confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...
There is a team deathmatch confirmed which only makes it that much worse for hardcore battlefield players who only play objective based game types. :(

If it's anything near as restricted and Bad Co. 2 deathmatch no one will play it anyway, having massive maps then pulling them right back down for deathmatch meant I never went near it.

Conquest hell yeah! What better feeling is there than being pinned down by the enemy only for your squadmate to appear in a tank and shoot the building to hell that you are being shot at from. On the other side of the coin though you have a team of you around a marker only for an enemy tank to appear and blow you all to hell.

Brilliant!

The PC minimum and recommended specs were released today..

Minimum:

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:

• Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
  • Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATi card, GeForce GTX 460, ATi Radeon HD 6850

15GB for disc version and 10 for digital.. :confused:

Source: GamerZines

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer is out.

I might as well add, DICE confirmed that the destruction in BF3 will be nerfed. No more D2.0's unless the building is scripted to collapse. If you've watched some of the trailers, the facades on the front of the buildings have come off leaving rubble on the ground below. This can still kill people as you see in the video. Enjoy.

There are also tons of leaked videos on youtube of the Alpha multiplayer many unlisted so DICE doesn't find them as easy as a public one. Do the searching yourself, I'm not gonna post them here lol.