We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

Z5500D's has been fine for me, decent sound (depends more on sound card I guess). I think the only thing I've had to do was replace a fuse once, that might've been when the washing machine flooded the house.

agreed they sound really awesome and if i was able to get one once again i would.

i also had to replace the fuse once weird how that broke.

unfortunately those arent available here and they only sell the Z906 which suck in comparison to the Z5500

so i went with the 730D instead

im kinda confused what does a better mother board do?

doesnt it all come down to the ammount of memory and proccessing speed?

sorry to ask this im kinda a newb when it comes to comp. stuff like this

A better motherboard is like a better mother. The better your mother is, better your life will be. Likewise, if you have a crappy mother, you won't be a happy person. As you say, processing speed and RAM is essential for a computer to run fast. A good motherboard supports fast processors, 10's of gigs of ram, and has a plethora of expansion slots for your graphics card needs.

A better motherboard is like a better mother. The better your mother is, better your life will be. Likewise, if you have a crappy mother, you won't be a happy person. As you say, processing speed and RAM is essential for a computer to run fast. A good motherboard supports fast processors, 10's of gigs of ram, and has a plethora of expansion slots for your graphics card needs.

so its kinda like a Gearbox?

having a lot of power doesnt matter if you have a bad gearbox . or am i wrong with this?

Sort of.

It's all about bottlenecking. - You can have the engine of a veyron, but if you put the gearbox from a Ford Fiesta in the car, then the engine will tear it to shreds. The entire assembly has to be good for the vehicle to function properly.

Like if you went out and bought new components that were top of the range, your motherboard would be comparatively slow, so it's not using the other components to the best of their abilities.

Or to put it another way - Slicks on a racing car. Normal car tires would work fine, but slicks give more performance.

Sort of.

It's all about bottlenecking. - You can have the engine of a veyron, but if you put the gearbox from a Ford Fiesta in the car, then the engine will tear it to shreds. The entire assembly has to be good for the vehicle to function properly.

Like if you went out and bought new components that were top of the range, your motherboard would be comparatively slow, so it's not using the other components to the best of their abilities.

Or to put it another way - Slicks on a racing car. Normal car tires would work fine, but slicks give more performance.

aahnn i get it now

thanks for explaining now i know whata MB does

man i leanr things here everyday today it was even 2 :D

• 2 weeks later...