We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lotus fans?

Malmstrom

I've had a strong love of Lotus for as long as I've been an enthusiast. In fact, it was seeing the newly redesigned Elise that was coming over to America in 2004 that really got me into cars. Through the years, I found that very few people appreciate Lotus the way that I feel they deserve to be appreciated. Perhaps it's just the American bias of "more power = better".

Anyway, I'm just looking for people who are like-minded when it comes to Lotus.

Lotus is a nice manufacturer or fine cars but not nearly as high as some. Their cars are extremely unique, quick and good looking but just aren't as good as the likes of Ferrari's, Aston's or that sort of area. I guess this is why they've decided to come out with more different cars and expand their range.

Still take a photo of one when I see them though ;)

35hfdiv.jpg

71ph6p.jpg

I've always liked Lotus. Although I'm not sure where they're headed with the Evora, meh, maybe the international design will appeal to more people than the Elise/Exige did. Not saying anything against the Evora, but Lotus should've been like TVR. Not changing their cars' shape whatever people say.

You can keep your Porsches...:D

You what ?

2010-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Side-Rear-Front.jpeg

Sorry no offense to Lotus and their Unique cars but it cannot compare with the precise engineering of a Porsche. Especially this one since its in the Exige's class as far as I am concerned ;)

I've always liked Lotus. Although I'm not sure where they're headed with the Evora, meh, maybe the international design will appeal to more people than the Elise/Exige did. Not saying anything against the Evora, but Lotus should've been like TVR. Not changing their cars' shape whatever people say.

But TVR went bust and Lotus are still going. Saying that I prefer TVR :)

And Lotus are not in Ferrari and Lambourgini range, they cost half as much, base level 911 maybe.

You what ?

Sorry no offense to Lotus and their Unique cars but it cannot compare with the precise engineering of a Porsche. Especially this one since its in the Exige's class as far as I am concerned ;)

What ARE you on about?! Lotuses are made in good old Norfolk ;) Where else would you go for high precision engineering?! Germany?! Pah.... :lol:

am I alone in thinking that what Dany Bahar is doing now is going completely against what Colin Chapman would've done if he were still among us?

I agree totally. While I wouldn't mind more of a supercar as much as the others, I think they should stick with what they have.

I love Lotus (the company) Lotii (the cars), but am I alone in thinking that what Dany Bahar is doing now is going completely against what Colin Chapman would've done if he were still among us?

Dany Bahar is, in his own words, "not a car guy." However, he did (IIRC) work as the CEO of Red Bull, and that, like it or not, could help Lotus thrive a lot more than a car guy CEO.

-Leadfoot