We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hello guys,

I purchased the game three days ago, loving it so far, apart from a few minor things...

I've noticed in the Xbox DLC, there's some cars available to download, but before I spend my Ms Points on them, I just need to clarify a few things.

I've heard rumors that once you purchase the vehicles with MS Points, you then have to spend you're in game credits on them to obtain the vehicles?..

If that's the case, then its a bit silly if you ask me, I know in games before, once you download a vehicle from the DLC, it then becomes free to purchase in game.

Also, how do you change what vehicles are in a specific garage?

I've drove the vehicle I want in the garage in, and when I exit to get another vehicle I want in there, I lose her vehicle that I put in there before..

Has anyone got any tips on making money, and what to go by when purchasing a vehicle.

Regards,

LondonBoyy

What you hear is indeed true, once you have download the car you then have to purchase it with in game credits from the used car dealer.

As for organising your garage there is no way to effectively do this, the only way I know of is by waiting for all garage spaces to be full then moving cars from one house to another, manually. Someone here may have a better solution though.

Making money.. this is a hard spot. I personally think earning money on TDU2 once you have finished all the single player events is far too drawn out and boring. The quickest way I have found is by replaying the speed challenge in one of the Hawaii cups. (Need to look up which one but I can't at present, due to being at work)

If the CRC servers are up and you're a bit of a mathemetician (and a bit lucky), you could theoretically make money by uploading challenges, and getting the entry fee:reward ratio just right. If lot's of people enter, you could stand to make a bit.

The devs reckon they didn't want people who had preorder cars to get a Veyron SuperSport straight away so that the single challenges weren't spoiled, which is why they still cost in game credits.

If you ask me, it would then seem logical that after you've done all the SP challenges the cars should become free - but that's not the case.

Welcome to the forums here as well.

I don't really understand why would anyone want to have the option to move cars from garage to garage... apart from wanting to look cool. However, bear in mind that it was made like this so that you don't have to shuffle around cars like in the first TDU (which became REALLY tedious after owning pretty much all cars in the game). Every garage has a 'list' option where you can pick any car from your roster which is much more efficient and convenient than it was in TDU1. Plius you can finally sort the list unlike in TDU1.

As for paying for DLC cars - I think it the way it should be. It's only fair like that, otherwise it would give players buying DLC an unfair advantage like some F2P games do.

It's a good thing to have because like PGR3 and PGR4 which sort of started this whole thing and did it well, it allowed you to have a Ferrari garage, a classic garage, a rust bucket garage, a million dollar plus garage etc. And in the future hopefully a bike garage! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there :)

I'm glad (and didn't know where to post, a new thread would be nice !!) to inform you that Dstra has posted about the S**N availability of the Pre-order cars as DLC, for all platforms, before the end of the week !

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showpost.php?p=540299&postcount=3

"Pre-Order Cars for Sale? - These should be coming out this week. The exact times and days will vary between the platforms and regions, but they should be available everywhere by the end of the week.

GMDestra - Community Team Lead"

I'll be purchasing some of them, specially the Aston black parts and the Caterham ! (that is if I'm sure not to have Tokens or activation problems arf :p ). What will be your choices ?

What car is that in your sig? you probably replied already but thread got deleted :(

It got deleted? Lol. Anyway, the car in the right of my sig is probably based on the 450SLC AMG racecar AMG prepared for racing. I don't know where, but I recently came across a picture of an old AMG HQ, it had a sign on the building with that car in it.