We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rover 75

calster17

So Since It managed to Kinda De-Rail a Thread, Though i'd make a thread on it!

Whats your view on the Rover 75? It's actually a rather good car, and its BMW engines(for the diesel's) and BMW Floorpans help with this! Many Though it was RWD at first due to the transmission tunnle that could be seen in the back, but was just due to its BMW roots!

To Drive, Its the 3nd best car I've driven!(Beaten by my MR2 and old Impreza) and other than all the jokes we can make about British build Quality, which on my one is rather good other than the central locking doesnt work without the key beeing put in the door!

Theres alos the MG ZT, which is the same car but sportyer and has slightly diffrent bodykit. And Then theres the V8, Which was hiding a Mustang V8 and sporting RWD!

The car's Still made today by the Chinese manufacture 'SAIC' under the Roewe brand(Due to Ford owning the name Rover)

So Lets just Contuine from where We left off then!:cheeky:

Well... As my experience let me post this post i'll tell your what I think of it. It is cumfortable, it has a awesome sound on the v6 version.. We get some problems with, i don't remember them. But if i'm right the motor is a "bmw motor" but not sure about that. I've seen the rover 75 exist in China with the name Roewe 750, but I don't saw many videos show it. Who's the new owner of Jaguar , Land rover, is it "roewe" or "tata motors" ?

It was, and still is, a very good car, especially the interior. The stying was begining to wear off a bit, even with a facelift, it wouldn't have lasted that much longer I don't think. The Chinese should really think about building a new version, rather than putting some new badges on the old one. Still, nicer than the 3-Series of the time in my opinion. Was a rather nice car in MG ZT-T form.

The qustion about who owns MG/Rover....after MG/Rover died, the Chinese manufactures who were intrested in saving them befour they died, bough them once they died! the Rover name is dead as Ford Own the name.

J/LR are owned by Tata after Ford sold them off. I'm guessing Ford own the Rover name due to the fact that LR were owned by Rover during the 'British-layland' era(Dont quote me on that).

But if i'm right the motor is a "bmw motor" but not sure about that.

The diesel engined ones were, and apperntly are good for up to 200,000 miles!(mine has just over 100K)

MG ZT-T[/url] form.

I'll admit the Styling does were off, but when my friends first saw it they thoght i was in a Jag! and The pre-facelift modes are the better looking i think, as it's not trying to hide its vintage styling!

As nice as it would be to see a newer edtion made, its cheaper for 'SAIC' to just keep it how it is, and I dont see anything wrong with that as its nice to drive! Shame about the looks they gave it though...

And the MG ZT whicxh was based on the 75(and the other MG's, which were based on the Rover 25 & 45) Are pritty popular with younger folks! Although no matter how many times I tell my friends that there just Rovers with a body-kit and slightly modded engine, they dont beleave it!

And the MG-ZTT...Mustanged engineed RWD edtion is epic Sleeper...but the Rover 75 V8(Same car but Without the MG Bodykit MG name) is possablay one of the best Sleepers ever made?

If anyone thinks I'm trying to defend the car because i Drive one, i'm not! I'm just saying...I see its problems and see them as a laughing point! Much Like my MR2 and its Rust...its just a long term weight saving package!