We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Community Assisted Race Simulator (CARS) WAS in Development

Ryzza5

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been upgraded to a higher Tool Pack for free and is in line for other benefits when the game releases, along with other contributors.

---------- Post added at 15:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 PM ----------

The last seven days on the WMD forums have been very busy as lots of changes & new content items have been announced. Now's the time to catch up in case you have missed some of the stunning new stuff coming to pCARS, you can find a recap of the most important stuff below.

And if you want to go back even further, last week's updates can be found here.

Development News

Five new tracks are being added to pCARS as Badenring, Badenring Historic, Derby, Wisconsin & Rouen will be available in Friday's build - Click Here, Here & Here

Major work on Multiplayer is about to kick off, the full kick off plan outlines some of the planned features - Click Here

Our render lead Robert Dibley has explained in detail why Project CARS requires a more powerful system than past titles such as GTR2 - Click Here

Darren White has outlined a new to-do list to improve the time cycle system - Click Here & Here

Our physics guru Doug Arnao has shared some interesting info on different tire compounds in pCARS - Click Here

Doug also comments on how tires react to different diff lock settings - Click Here

Fixes & Updates

Casey Ringley has checked in new physics for the Gumpert Apollo - Click Here

Player control of the headlights has been added - Click Here

New threading options have been added to the developer menu, particularly helping users of older wheels like the Microsoft Sidewinder FFB - Click Here

New AI for California & Bathurst has been checked in - Click Here

Mark Watson has checked in a fix for the driver animations - Click Here

Another fix concerns the wheel & FFB behavior in the menus and during AI control - Click Here

Martin Griffiths has made a change to the static envmap rendering, resulting in an overall FPS increase of about 18% - Click Here

A new fuel level gadget has been added to the HUD - Click Here

Content Previews

Lukas Mensik has shown off previews of new neutral driver suits & helmets - Click Here

David Rezac keeps on improving Belgian Forest as new previews show - Click Here

Bologna is currently receiving a trackside object optimization pass - Click Here

Michal Jeschke has been making lots of progress on the Loire24 track - Click Here

Our vehicle team has made great progress with the 2011 Palmer Jaguar JP-LM as a first version has been exported - Click Here

The 2011 BAC Mono is quickly coming together as plenty of stunning renders show - Click Here

Work on the 1990 Caper Stock Car has started - Click Here

Vincent Dambreville has been working on lots of great skins for the 2011 Formula A - Click Here

Other

Our member TonyR has come up with a neat little tool to handle different versions of pCARS - Click Here

That's it for this week, have fun checking out all the material and make sure to join the discussions yourself!

The links above are for WMD team members only. If you´re a free user and want to follow the development of Project CARS as well as enjoy regular development builds, simply click here to pick a tool pack and join the fun!

TDU1's open world is great and all - but we often tend to find ourselves driving on our favourite twisty roads the most.

With that in mind, pCARS' "Country Roads" (as they're called atm) may be the next best thing, albeit with proper physics/handling.

Take a look at the shared pics, signup (you've only got about 2-3 weeks before they stop accepting new pre-alpha testers and allow tool-pack upgrades so hurry up), and download the latest Team Member+ build. Junior members will have to upgrade or wait for the first April release.

Remember that if you spend 10 or 25 euro on a tool pack, you'll get the same amount of money back in the form of a discount on the final game when it releases. If you get the Full Member or higher tool pack, the game will be free for you. You may even receive more money back than what you spent (although this isn't intended to be viewed as an investment opportunity).

---

As usual, lots of stuff has been happening in the Project CARS world for the past few days. Just in case you missed some of it, you can catch up with the most important stuff below!

And if you want to go back even further, last week's updates can be found here.

Development News

We`ve released a new Team Member build of Project CARS, adding five new tracks and a brand new car to the title - Click Here

Time of year is now included in the increasingly-complex time of day system - Click Here

Mike Laskey has given us a detailed look at the upcoming Force Feedback improvements - Click Here

Our programmer Mark Watson explains how the FFB is influenced by vendor control software - Click Here

Dynamic prop objects like cones & brake makers have been added - Click Here

Andy Garton confirms that the console version of Project CARS will support triple-screen setups - Click Here

Our community members have helped identify a Logitech FFB issue when alt-tabbing that's now being looked into - Click Here

Fixes & Updates

Our PC Render Coder Martin Griffiths has fixed a memory usage issue with DirectX 11 - Click Here

The circular deadzone issue affecting gamepads has been fixed - Click Here

Casey Ringley is busy adding suspension animations to the 2011 Formula A - Click Here

First bits of the dynamic weather system are being added in - Click Here

The track warning issue at Rouen's hairpin has been addressed - Click Here

Martin Griffiths has fixed a wide range of graphic issues, including the dark cockpit bug - Click Here

Peter Arbet has improved the movement of dynamic obstacles and detached vehicle components - Click Here

Content Previews

Andy Garton has shown off stunning previews of a country road track using new lighting settings - Click Here

David Rezac is making great progress with the Belgian Forest Circuit - Click Here

Lukas Mensik has updated the Formula A driver model - Click Here

Furthermore, Lukas has also given us a first-look at the pitcrew characters - Click Here

Matt Clark is making great progress with the 1990 Caper Stock Car - Click Here

The 2011 BAC Mono is making excellent progress as shown on Perran Truran newest renders - Click Here

That's it for this week, have fun checking out all the material and make sure to join the discussions yourself!

The links above are for WMD team members only. If you´re a free user and want to follow the development of Project CARS as well as enjoy regular development builds, simply click here to pick a tool pack and join the fun!

Don't worry, that idea seems less plausible from the discussions I've read.

There will be a full game just like every other racing game, to be followed by DLC, which would be micro, expansion packs, something in-between, or a bit of everything. The sooner you join the sooner you can add to the discussion.

Found a video of the newest track:

Right i really need to get one of the new builds. Not had a go on this since the Formula A First got released, Been following it all up etc progress wise just not been getting the updates.

Would be easier for me if it auto updated i think with all the new files (would save on alot of download amount) And would be easier for me :D

You Juniors don't even have access to those brand new tracks yet - and they may soon hide more future content from you for good from what I've been reading (general consensus is that you've got more than you're monies worth). If you were planning on upgrading do it quickly, things are starting to get much more awesome. My wheel is working heaps better with the game with the recent updates to physics and FFB (which was completely rewritten last week to be direct from the physics, the only FFB they've coded in is to make the wheel heavier when you're not moving, as well as setting resistance to max when you hit full lock.

Runs fine on my 5 years old PC with 2 year old graphics card.

Some locations (i.e. pit straights) can slow it down a bit due to more buildings, etc - but they're not fully optimising weekly builds and will do that later.

Shift was funded by EA, who are not the best game publisher. They make very good game studio's make games they could have done much better.

So don't worry about it, most shift-mistakes will be corrected properly. For instance: the tracks aren't far wider then the real ones.

EA tell SMS what to do to meet EA's target audience (kids, etc).

With pCARS we tell SMS what to do to make us happy. Let's just say I haven't seen too many members there who don't have steering wheels. Anyone who dares call pCARS arcade incurs the wrath of Ian :lol:

You Juniors don't even have access to those brand new tracks yet - and they may soon hide more future content from you for good from what I've been reading (general consensus is that you've got more than you're monies worth). If you were planning on upgrading do it quickly, things are starting to get much more awesome. My wheel is working heaps better with the game with the recent updates to physics and FFB (which was completely rewritten last week to be direct from the physics, the only FFB they've coded in is to make the wheel heavier when you're not moving, as well as setting resistance to max when you hit full lock.

well I have read the terms and conditions(I know I'm mad right)

and there's no such thing as limitations , juniors will get monthly builds just like everyone else (not weekly maybe but nevertheless).

That exclusive content talk is just a myth around the forums apart from a few tracks and cars mentioned in the t&c

About we're getting more than our money's worth.

There is no product , nor this isn't even a beta.

You cannot claim any value on the game yet , even if I were to spend €1 I'd be still investing in it and I don't have to buy the original game which when I do I will eventually pay its value.

well I have read the terms and conditions(I know I'm mad right)

and there's no such thing as limitations , juniors will get monthly builds just like everyone else (not weekly maybe but nevertheless).

That exclusive content talk is just a myth around the forums apart from a few tracks and cars mentioned in the t&c

About we're getting more than our money's worth.

There is no product , nor this isn't even a beta.

You cannot claim any value on the game yet , even if I were to spend €1 I'd be still investing in it and I don't have to buy the original game which when I do I will eventually pay its value.

Wrong junior & team members get a coupon off the retail version of the game. Full members pluss get the full game for free