We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DiRT Showdown

Flo

Won't even be worth anyone getting it the other way.

For me, they've just killed the DiRT franchise. bunch of sellouts.

Oh well, must be up to us fans to make something even better. I have no doubt that if mod communities came together, they could EASILY put big developers to shame.

Edit: I buy all my games via steam and my local gamespusher so I'm allowed to say that.

plus the DiRT franchise has been in decline, so i'm going to stick to RSRBR 2011.

CARS are planning to do an awesome job of Rally after they release the initial game (better than RBR), so I'm holding out for that.

btw, did BlackBean release a new WRC game? I got the first one the other year and played it for about 20 mins, but never heard anything about a new one, just saw it in a shop. Is it any better or the same rubbish?

same old rubbish, with some new cars. same handling model, graphics are a wee bit better, same with sounds (not by much, but the evo 3 actually sounds like an evo 3 for once)

I do still like the road to WRC career mode, that's fun to play.

But still prefer dirt3 over WRC2.

and...you serious about CARS? fml

I take my rally games VERY seriously, and I'm fed up with seeing big companies making an arse of themselves bringing out mediocre rally games that don't even feel right. We NEED a new simulation game badly, and the benchmark, believe it or now, is still by far RBR. I play it a lot before I go and do the real thing, and it somewhat handles close to it. the way the gravel slides and everything fares for a near-realistic simulation.

I wish I could get a few other modders together that also have the same outlook on these types of games (almost ran into EB games and purposely knocked WRC 2010 off the shelves) so we could start on our own game.

How awesome would that be? at least you know there are a hell of a lot of dedicated people out there that aren't driven by money, and that actually want to see a proper realisation of the sport, so that others can enjoy it the way we do.

If you have a glance at the RSRBR (5724 members) and RBR CZ plugin (85201 members!!!) we can see how many people are dedicated to keeping it real. We have got to do something before we have rally games ruined for us simulation fans indefinitely.

and now is the time I realise I've just been talking a whole lotta....yeah. you get what im trying to say.

We need our own game. period.

Edit: didn't realise that was double posted *facepalm* my bad

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...