We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza PoTW 16 Voting

Prophecy

Best landscape picture of the week?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best landscape picture of the week?

• Clarence
    • Pressurized
    • Milli
    • Flo
    • Hassan1995
    • PolizeiYT
    • _Pr0ph3cy_

dropbox? I'd like to add that to add to the anonymity, you cant use pictures from sets youve posted already- say you use a car thats particularly different and easily recognizible- even if the pic you use for potw isnt included in your photothread, someone could link the anonymous entry with the set in the entrants thread... Does that actually make sense? lol.

I don't really think we have to go that far, as sayed earlyer, A normal no names voting thread would do it, it is going to be hella work if we do it this way :rolleyes:

and I even was the one who wanted this :hide:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it just be easier to run it the way that the oTWs have been run here for years?

Agreed. Talk about over-complicating things completely unnecessarily.

What do you achieve by not knowing who voted for who anyway? :toetap: It highlights tactical voting, it means we know when dummy accounts have been created or whatever. Anonymous entries might not be that bad an Idea I guess, when we did PToTW (Photoshopped tuning of the week or something like that), tactical voting and voting for friends happened week on week and it completely wrecked the competition as people were winning because they had a few 'lulz' friends on the forum.

At the end of the day it's a small little competition on an online forum with absolutely no prize whatsoever, if someone gets a few unfair votes or the result doesn't make sense, so what? *shrug* It's not the end of the world, for the majority of the time things go smoothly, why over-complicate things just to try and iron out a few small bumps when you're probably creating bigger bumps trying to do this.

Yeah actually, I think weve lost sight of what were doing here... As mike said, its an online forum competition with no prize, is it that big a deal? I think its working just fine, and all this has been sparked by a comment that was taken the wrong way. I reckon changing things like we've been talking about is more likely to push entries away...

Christ I make one comment and I start a frigging 2 page discussion. All I did was make an observation that there were some people (Loz & Polizei) who had better shots than others (flo & Hassan) and look how the voting turned out (in my opinion of course). My god, we don't need anonymous entries, just keep it going the way it is, there's nothing wrong with it minus the fact that if you take a picture of a mountain range in a sunset, it's going to win 100% of the time... I'll keep future voting comments to myself. Don't take it so seriously guys, especially you flo, it's game. Nothing more than a game. This is just a fun competition to take some great pictures and show off a bit of skill...

Christ I make one comment and I start a frigging 2 page discussion. All I did was make an observation that there were some people (Loz & Polizei) who had better shots than others (flo & Hassan) and look how the voting turned out (in my opinion of course). My god, we don't need anonymous entries, just keep it going the way it is, there's nothing wrong with it minus the fact that if you take a picture of a mountain range in a sunset, it's going to win 100% of the time... I'll keep future voting comments to myself. Don't take it so seriously guys, especially you flo, it's game. Nothing more than a game. This is just a fun competition to take some great pictures and show off a bit of skill...

You seem to need a calm down as well. :oook: People don't seem to agree with your opinion, so what? I vote for the picture I think is the best aesthetically, not the one that other people tell me is best because of the skill/technique that went in to taking it or whatever. That's what I've always done, will keep doing and to be honest what I always thought was the point of these picture competitions, I don't think I'm alone there. And yes, I am a massive fan of sunsets but none of those have won in the last 4 or 5 weeks that I looked back on.

Wow I can't believe a competition went this serious I mean okay you don't even need to call this a competition you could call it a gathering of photos based on a specific subject this is becoming a bit too stupid I mean it is a matter of opinion and what a certain person prefers all the other shots were great but mine and flo's were chosen big deal.it is a game which will get you no where in.life

sunday thru wednesday = entries

thrusday thru saturday = voting

It was messed up last week, prO had some personal stuf, I made the previous thread and that got things delayed a bit, also me, prO and Hassan took 2 days to get up with a theme, but that was my bad.