We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2012 Season!

Camel

Dude Hamilton didn't crash out. He was T-boned into the wall[/url].

Alonso did deserve the win but his last 2 places were not earnt. If Vettel and Grosjean didn't have mechanicals, it would have all been very different.

Alonso overtook Hamilton due to an error in the pits too didn't he? Well played to Alonso though.

The crash wasn't Hamilton's fault at all, though I wish he'd of just played a bit safer and backed off to get the points, but it is racing after all.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maldanardo should of got a grid penalty for the next race, not a time penalty that only lost him 1 point.

His overtake failed so he should get back on the track safely behind Hamilton and try again. Not the first time that he's deliberately rammed him either.

Great race by Alonso and Webber though, a deserved win dare I say it? :p

He went off the... No, I'm not even going to bother wasting my breath trying to explain it to you. :rolleyes:

I was going to as well, but it'd only set off a crapstorm.

In a nutshell, Pastor could have just waited until the next straight, after giving Lewis the notion that he wants to overtake him.

^^^ditto^^^

Alonso overtook Hamilton due to an error in the pits too didn't he?

Oh yeah, i forgot about that one. Thats 3 places he was 'gifted'. :p

And third time in as many races that Hamilton has had pitlane issues.

I have to say though, I'm more gutted for Button. Pretty much lost his mojo recently.

^^^ditto^^^

Oh yeah, i forgot about that one. Thats 3 places he was 'gifted'. :p

And third time in as many races that Hamilton has had pitlane issues.

I have to say though, I'm more gutted for Button. Pretty much lost his mojo recently.

Has there even been a race yet where Hamilton hasn't had pitlane problems? There may be a spy sabotaging them. :lol:

I don't think it was Hamilton's fault, he obviously didn't want to just hand his position to Maldonado on a plate, but he by no means caused the accident himself. I'm incredibly happy for Alonso :D Bad luck to Vettel and Grosjean though, but, there's still a load more races for them to have their chance.

Regarding my last post: I wasn't saying that it was hamilton's fault, I was just saying that Maldonado did not RAM hamilton, he lost control which caused the crash. A stupid move from him (he drove like an idiot for the whole race anyways) but in no way intentional ramming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwceRNfNhOU

My (Unbiased) Analysis:

Maldonado made a racing (Risky) move around the outside with intentions of having the inside line for the next turn. Got his entry speed a little wrong and went onto the marbles. He then tries to rejoin the track, where Hamilton is (Who is bang on the racing line)

Maldonado then tries again to get onto the track rather than give Hamilton some room, bottoms out on the kerb (As Sanntu says) and hit Hamilton.

I do honestly say it was a racing incident, but Maldonado was the sole cause of it. Hamilton was just legally defending and did not force Maldonado off the track in any way.

100% Maldonado's error.

• 2 weeks later...

Eventful race, this.

First of all, stupid Pastor Maldonado. I haven't re-watched their collision yet, and there has been no conclusion from the FIA, but it seemed to me like he just can't and can't gain, nor lose position without acting like an insufferable tool. He's annoyed Perez to the point where he told this to the media:

Pastor Maldonado is a stupid driver. He is a driver that doesn’t respect other drivers. As a matter of fact, I was already in front, and if not, he should have given me enough space not to crash. He tried to push me all the way to the outside. I really don’t understand the way he’s driving… the last three or four races, he’s done something to someone. He did the same thing to me in Valencia, and they just gave him a drive through. It’s not enough, and he will never learn… Everybody has concerns about him. He’s a driver that doesn’t respect, doesn’t know that we are risking our lives. No respect at all, and the way he’s driving, I think the stewards really have to do something by now. He does affect many other drivers, I’m not the only one.

I can only agree with all that; if Maldonado gets away with a puny time penalty again, someone's going to get seriously pucked off.

Second, discontent with Ferrari's half-baked tyre strategy, once again. Though, I don't mind Mark winning at all, he's been an absolute star this season, but being a Ferrari supporter, I'm a bit unhappy with the team management at the moment, though the drivers did absolute wonders this race. Felipe grabbed me by surprise.

Also, Bruno. Pastor has a lot to learn from this chap. Couldn't be more proud of him today.

/useless two cents

Maldenado won't get a penalty. He did nothing wrong. The back of his car stepped out, he corrected that. If he wouldn't have done that the crash would've been worse. The thing i didn't get was that Perez car couldn't continue the race, while the damage didn't look bad at all.

While maldonado's crash this time wasn't deliberate, his previous behaviour and lack of forethought... plus outright dangerous driving (Monaco) shows nothing but negative towards him. He is a good driver but has no concern over his actions.

While Perez had harsh things to say about him, his manner and tone during that interview showed no sign of over reaction, just an honest damning opinion of childish behaviour.

10,000 euro fine shows the stewards agree... and you know they'll put much more time and effort into the decision than anyone here.

Part from that was a bloody good race. As it always is at Silverstone.

• 3 weeks later...