We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Guest MrLolololXD

Guest MrLolololXD

Yep, sure are. If it's not cloudy and overcast tomorrow afternoon I'll pull it outside and get a couple of shots with the headlights all turned off :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD
Oops... Forgot about that, sorry but on pic #006 it does look a bit scratched in my eyes. :hmmm:

Nevermind. :mhmm:

As Killalldude pointed out, already polished them :p Yes they are still a little bit scratchy, but that won't come out unless I actually go through and wet sand them back a bit and polish them up again. Which I'm planing to do soon anyway, in the right light sometimes you can still see little scratches going vertically up the headlight, but they're hard to see.

Are they legal? :eyebrow: :)

close-enough.jpg

Time taken to make Supra look all brand new: 4 months

Time needed to make Supra look all second hand: 2 hours (in the right weather on the right roads)

I'd love to spend time making my car look awesome but (1) I don't have the undercover garage area to do it, (2) it wouldn't last a week, and (3) I lack the motivation.

Guest MrLolololXD

Nvm, all is good in the hood again engine wise. While it was semi apart I got the water pump (old one had a small leak), timing belt, spark plugs and plug leads replaced, so there's a few things from the 100,000km major service already out of the way.

After looking for a pic for so long, I FINALLY found a Supra with the wheels I've been set on as of late lol. It's even the same colour as mine :D I reckon they look awesome, they're Rays 57xtreme's for anybody wondering. Still got a set of rear tyres to get through though before I think seriously about new wheels.

59867d1376449709-18-x-9-5-10-5-rays-gram-lights-57xtreme-new-smaller-pic-web.jpg

1374122_226284994197907_581250087_n.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

I looked into GTC01's, but they don't come in the right width/offsets. The widest they come in is a 10 inch and the offset is +22. Standard Supra wheels are 9.5 +50.

Currently on the rear I'm running 275/40R17, 17x9.5 +50. If I was to do the Enkei GTC01's the tyre size would have to be somewhere around 265/35R18. With the Volk's I'd be looking at 295/30R18 18x10.5 +40 and despite all that extra wheel width and the chunkier tyre, they'd still have more clearance than the Enkei's would. At those specs the Volk's would sit a few mm's in from the guard allowing faaaaat tyres, with the Enkei's a few mm's out, so I'd need stretched tyres to fit them in. The tops of the tyres from both combos would be sitting in almost the same spot relative to the guard despite one being stretched and one being bulged.

Both wheels would still require some guard rolling though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Pic from when it came home for the first time, before I'd even screwed on the number plates :p

10508934626_47efd03551_b.jpg

002 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

And sitting in the driveway

10508949726_a0b4e3360e_b.jpg

018 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

10509167833_201c1500c6_b.jpg

025 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

10508972856_91e2c896d7_b.jpg

016 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Just need a good day, a good location and a good sunset to take a few photos now. Still gotta put on the front lip and rear badges obviously and give it a good wash/detail. Funny how I put the AmmoNYC sticker on the car while it's still dirty. I spent like 10 minutes cleaning that one little quarter window so the sticker would stick good lol

Guest MrLolololXD
What do you think of their products?

I haven't gone through and given it a proper wash/wax yet. But so far their stuff seems pretty good. I'll post more about it when I do end up going and using all the stuff I bought off them in a proper wash.

Can I marry your supra? Pleeeaaaasssee :eek:

Sure, but on two conditions. You have to buy it some wedding wheels instead of a wedding ring and it still has to live with me :D

:jealous:

:p

So I finally ended up putting in my TRD speedo and put my new gear knob on yesterday.

Old and new speedos side by side for the sake of showing the difference between the ODO's when swapping them over. Meant to install it at as close to 92,000kms on the old speedo as I could, but I forgot to keep an eye on it and ended up at 92,102 lol :fp3:

10643101363_d6831c82da_b.jpg

005 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Old speedo out of the gauge cluster

10642872284_060c8a5b87_b.jpg

007 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

New gauge in and the cluster reassembled

10642831435_726201d3c2_b.jpg

015 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Then all that was left was to put this back together

10643064053_76354e5305_b.jpg

010 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Aaaand done

10642833654_5c3c07c9ce_b.jpg

020 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Close up

10642871795_197790acff_b.jpg

017 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Closer close up

10642909884_061d4a3ec3_b.jpg

019 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

And last but not least my new knob. This knob feels so much better to grab than my old knob /awkward silence

10642789344_86151ccbbc_b.jpg

016 by MrLolololXD, on Flickr

Would've been nice to install my new AC/heater control buttons while I had the dash half apart, but I'm waiting until I have all the parts to do a full dash LED conversion before I put those in. Was hoping to get another climate control unit to practice on first, then if that goes well I'll test it in my car, then sell it and do it to mine with the new buttons. Hopefully that's something I can do before the end of the year, or maybe over the 2 weeks I get off over Christmas.

Other than that, gonna get a wheel alignment tomorrow to make sure it's all good and depending on whether you need to book in for it before the day, see if I can get my aircon regassed tomorrow aswell. Will then see about getting my windows tinted some time in the next two weeks.