We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DGS Week 35: 911

Ryzza5

Pick the 3 best photos  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the 3 best photos

Congrats to Clarence for winning the DGS competition last week.

* Stick to the implied theme (don't look for technical loopholes)

* Images must not exceed 5MB, and be at least 990px wide by 340px tall.

* Each person who enters must cast a vote in the same week to remain eligible. You may not vote for yourself.

* Winning image must not be of TDU2 as you risk account suspension.

* Winner picks the next theme, unless winning consecutively, in which case the runner up decides.

* Winner has 48h to PM a new theme to me or another member of staff if I'm away, if they fail to meet this then the theme will be a free round.

* Competition is limited to games on all platforms of any age that are classified as driving/racing games. (i.e. FPS games that have cars in them wouldn't be eligible). Please mention what game your screenshot is from.

* Minor non-enhancing editing permitted (cropping, addition of your name, etc) is permitted, as long as the actual screenshot isn't tampered with. Just like all these other comps.

Week 35: 911

Any Porsche/RUF 911 including the GT2/GT3/racing versions

Please don't link small images to larger ones - just post the large one here!

mau92

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Milli

f1EKsEV.png

Loz

Porsche_911_GT3-RSR_1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz

10294108773_12bea744bf_o.jpg

robillard

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af76/robillard3381/911_zps372d50b8.jpg

Ryzza5

911SC.PNG

Clarence

6768727187_83007ce54e_o.jpg

Prophecy

7733189912_5510dd2b06_b.jpg

Ozzmcom

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might help to make this comp interesting for a change… and then maybe the sAme people might not win every week ;)

I try to make it interesting everytime i win, by giving you guys a theme that has a concept behind. But nobody understands me and go for the obvious, OR, go for other theme because i've won, but other people also won and gave other obvious, easier theme. :hmmm:

The themes aren't the issue… there's only so many before it starts to get repetitive anyway.

Its just the same games and same people that win ALL the time.

Needs a new game(s) to make it all good again and not penalised if you haven't got a PC… Would've been nice to see some GTAV entries but that got poo pooed before it even touched the sides.

That said though the best themes are always the ones that allow a bit of artistic license… but anyone that dares to use it gets torn a new one. Hence why its the same people that enter and win each week and dare I say out loud, control the whole thing anyway. :cheeky:

The themes aren't the issue… there's only so many before it starts to get repetitive anyway.

Its just the same games and same people that win ALL the time.

Needs a new game(s) to make it all good again and not penalised if you haven't got a PC… Would've been nice to see some GTAV entries but that got poo pooed before it even touched the sides.

That said though the best themes are always the ones that allow a bit of artistic license… but anyone that dares to use it gets torn a new one. Hence why its the same people that enter and win each week and dare I say out loud, control the whole thing anyway. :cheeky:

That's why i believe allowing, or making this comps a bit more than just the obvious, a good way to make it more interesting.

First because allow for example, editing, who has better edit skills will sure win. That would make same people win. Now, when you allow more... ah, how can i say it... bit more concept behind the photo, even someone who doesn't take great looking pictures has a chance to get an awesome understandment of the theme and get an awesome image then.

Because i don't know, but images are more than just something nice to look at. It's a text, it's a feeling, it's a concept... an image indeed can worth more than 1000 words. But sadly, most people here just think they have to be nice to look at. I tried play different, never won anything, so i stick to the rules now, trying to get good photos to look at instead of ones with an idea behind it.

In that matter, Harley's Beetle photo would be extremelly valid, as it has a context behind it, but sadly this isn't how DSG have been working in this 35 weeks it's been on. :lol:

Edit: Thinking about create another image competition, something like a DSC 2.0, where the rules are not so strict, and a concept would value more than just being nice to look at. Obviously both aspects are important, but... you get the point. :lol:

Wonder if it would get any entries here though. :hmmm:

I believe the "A little game with pics" is what you're looking for when it comes to funny screenshot interpretations Milli. I've seen plenty of awesome legit 911 screenshots around here before so it can't be that hard for us to to find one.

Also Clarence's theme specifically mentioned 911's between the years 1963-2014 which precludes the Beetle (not that I was going to include it anyway), just thought that was obvious enough anyway ;)

I believe the "A little game with pics" is what you're looking for when it comes to funny screenshot interpretations Milli. I've seen plenty of awesome legit 911 screenshots around here before so it can't be that hard for us to to find one.

Also Clarence's theme specifically mentioned 911's between the years 1963-2014 which precludes the Beetle (not that I was going to include it anyway), just thought that was obvious enough anyway ;)

Could be, but that Little game with pictures is quite closed when it comes to games and it didn't got much entries. :lol: Also, not sure if i made myself clear, but isn't funny interpretations that i am looking for. Just real and more deep thing. For example, the image can be, somehow very sad in context. If it fits the theme...

Yes, i have seen plenty of awesome 911 photos around here too, but they're mostly edited, and, about the Beetle, well, the theme says 911, the Beetle, even people "call" it a 911, it isn't and doesn't have any actual link with Porsche, since it was created BEFORE Porsche was founded. Ok, ok, Ferdinand Porsche was the guy who created the Beetle, the first 911's were similiar, but a Beetle is not a Porsche, much less it's a 911! If you want to compare Beetles to Porsches, they are way closer to 356's than 911's!

And that's why i think, even being a well played joke, it wouldn't fit in the very clear 911 theme.

P.S. This is just me, expressing my opinion on the subject brought by our fellow Timbud, don't take it as an offense or a criticism, thanks.

Edit: P.S.² This isn't me telling what should be done, would be actually cool to keep the Beetle in, but if it's allowed, don't fire down when someone else does something similar in a different theme. (Which it already happened and the person got it's photo out)

Edit ²: :lol: Was Timbud himself who got his photo out, wasn't him? :susp:

Guest MrLolololXD

Whoops, sorry for causing all of this controversy. I was just browsing through my pics when I saw that Beetle and I legit thought it was a Porsche br0.

Looks like I'm out of this comp then, my dislike for Porsche is so strong I don't even drive them in games, let alone take the time to take screenshots of them. :mhmm:

but a Beetle is not a Porsche

A Beetle may not be a Porsche, but a Porsche is a Beetle. :nods:

Whoops, sorry for causing all of this controversy. I was just browsing through my pics when I saw that Beetle and I legit thought it was a Porsche br0.

Looks like I'm out of this comp then, my dislike for Porsche is so strong I don't even drive them in games, let alone take the time to take screenshots of them. :mhmm:

Harley, you don't have to say sorry, you didn't cause anything. Actually, i think this is quite an interesting subject to have a conversation about! :D

And now you got me wondering why do you hate Porsches? :hmmm: