We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA Online: Rockstar Aiming at Cheaters / Exploiters and cleaning up your funds.

Eudemon

As you may know GTA Online is offline right now for "maintenance", though a more fitting term would probably be "cleaning-up", as Rockstar has just recently posted on their website about how they are aiming at the cheaters and exploiters who have been dishing out hundreds of millions and even billions to players. They also clarify what will happen to those of us who innocently received the money and how they are removing the "game-breaking" amounts of $GTA cash.

In recent weeks, a small number of Grand Theft Auto Online players sought to exploit the game by generating and distributing game-breaking amounts of in-game cash, disrupting the experience for other players.

We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay, and as part of today’s maintenance period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether.

Thanks - Taking Aim at GTA Online Cheaters | Rockstar Games

What do you think of this? I know I didn't feel the need to do Jobs and such due to the money and the amount of tanks roaming around made it somewhat annoying and chaotic, but yet fun at the same time. So I don't know how I feel either way.

Hope they don't remove all my money. Had close to 1.5mill before everything kicked off.

it will be a shame not to be able to spend money on bounties/mercs/muggers without casting a second though of the cost.

Glad I've got all the cars and equipment I want.

As for the tanks, I assume if we own them then we'll just have to pay the $200 as normal... so it will still be Rhino chaos online. ;)

On another positive note this server down time has forced me to finish the story mode at last. :p

You can check your profile on the social club to see what they have done to you. I had $4.5b, now I have the 550k I had before the first $111m was sent my way when I was actually saving up for a tank. That 'Buy All Ammo' option is going to have to be looked at before hitting 'A' from now on though. :)

Yeah it certainly doesn't pay to be too trusting. Also when did they change (or did they change?) that Passive mode means you can get shot in your vehicle?

Yeah, the current passive mode is a bit of a joke really... very easy to get past it.

Wonder if there is some negative log for players who constantly kill those in PM.

Yeah it certainly doesn't pay to be too trusting. Also when did they change (or did they change?) that Passive mode means you can get shot in your vehicle?

From what I remember, Passive Mode has always been "disabled" while in a car.