We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Accents and languages!

Milli

Soooooooooo, yesterday while talking on the chatbox, we had this idea that consists in record our native language so people can listen the different accents and also, learn something new! In my case, Portuguese-Brasil, or PT-BR. :lol:

First step i've choosed a few words to say in english, then portuguese... and second step i answer a few questions, in english and then in portuguese.

Here is the soundcloud link:

Soundcloud - TDUCk accent

Youtube version In case the Soundcloud fails.

[headline]Subtitles:[/headline]

Step 1 -

Hi - Oi

Bye - Tchau

No - Não

Yes - Sim

Fence - Cerca

Meat - Carne

Door - Porta

Car - Carro

King - Rei

Apple - Maçã

Motion sickness - Enjôo

Bread - Pão

Circumflex - Circunflexo

Sausage - Linguiça

Coffee - Café

Connection - Conexão

São Paulo

Nazaré

Nissan 350Z

Ferrari 458 italia

BMW M550d

Thank you - Obrigada

Step 2 -

Your name and where from

My name is Millena and i am from Brazil, São Paulo

Oi, meu nome é Millena e eu sou de... São Paulo, venho de São Paulo, Brasil

(hi, my name is Millena and i am from... São Paulo, i am from São Paulo, Brazil)

Favorite car and why

My favorite car and why... my favorite car it's the Corvette Z06... and... it's just... that car just because i love

it and there's no... logical reason to like that car, i just... like it.

Meu carro favorite é o Corvette Z06, e eu não tenho nenhum motivo especial pra gostar desse carro... e...

simplesmente é... entrou no meu coração, é o carro que eu gosto.

(My favorite car is the Corvette Z06, and i don't have any special reason to like this car... and... it just is... a

car that got in my heart, it's the car that i like.)

Favorite site:

My favorite site it's, obviously, turboduck.net.

Meu site favorito é, obviamente, turboduck.net.

A dream:

a dream... i have a dream to become a... rally racing driver

Eu tenho um sonho de me tornar pilota de rali

If you were a car, which one you think you would be, explain why.

If... i was a car, i think...i would be a...let me think about it... something like a... Ford Fiesta. It's compact,

and practical, and will do it's job, when it has to, it doesn't matter, it just has to be done... a practical little

car.

Se eu fosse um carro, que carro eu seria e explicar por quê... eu acho que eu seria um Ford Fiesta por causa que...

esse carro ele é bem pequeno e... compacto e... ao mesmo tempo ele é bem prático e economico, mas se você precisar

ele vai tá lá, ele vai fazer o trabalho, ele vai te levar pra onde for, mesmo sendo pequeno, ele faz o trabalho muito

bem.

(If i was a car, which car i would be and explain why... i think i would be a Ford Fiesta because... this car is very

small... and compact... in same time it's very practical and economic, but if you need it, it will be there, it will

do it's job and it will take you anywhere, even being small, it does a very good job. )

Choose 3 words to say.

i'll say: Saudade, Banana and "é nóis" *

* É nóis is a slang used here, that can be used to show support, like, if i am going to store, and you say you're going too, i'd say "é nóis" then. :lol:

BMW M550d

LOL

I'm going to copy Milli's text and say it in PT-PT, so we have both PT-PT and PT-BR versions of it :)

Honey I'm pregnant <-click

Step 1

Hi - Oi

Bye - Tchau

No - Não

Yes - Sim

Fence - Cerca

Meat - Carne

Door - Porta

Car - Carro

King - Rei

Apple - Maçã

Motion sickness - Enjôo

Bread - Pão

Circumflex - Circunflexo

Sausage - Salsicha

Coffee - Café

Connection - Ligação

São Paulo

Nazaré

Nissan 350Z

Ferrari 458 italia

BMW M550d

Thank you - Obrigada

Step 2

Your name and where from

My name is Millena and i am from Brazil, São Paulo

Oi, meu nome é Millena e eu sou de... São Paulo, venho de São Paulo, Brasil (read with PT-BR accent)

(hi, my name is Millena and i am from... São Paulo, i am from São Paulo, Brazil)

Favorite car and why

My favorite car and why... my favorite car is the Audi A8L because It's legit to tail people in an Audi, and the A8L can do it in luxury.

O meu carro favorito é o Audi A8L porque é legitimo ficar colado ao carro da frente num Audi, e o A8L deixa me fazê-lo em luxo.

Favorite site:

My favorite site is, obviously, turboduck.net.

Meu site favorito é, obviamente, turboduck.net. (read in PT-BR first :lol:)

A dream:

a dream... i have a dream to become Milli's husband

Eu tenho um sonho de me tornar marido da Milli.

If you were a car, which one you think you would be, explain why.

If I were a car I'd be an old car, like a peugeot 106, because people can play with old cars' oil dipsticks.

Se eu fosse um carro eu seria um carro velho, tipo um Peugeot 106, porque nos carros velhos podem brincar com a vareta do óleo.

Choose 2 words and one expression to say.

i'll say: Otorrinolaringologista, astrolopitéco and "anatomia patológica citológica tanatológica"*

*anatomia patológica citológica tanatológica is the name of the course my sister studied. :evil: