We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Who genuinely wants to write for us?

Eudemon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, clears it up :).

Still thinking of things i'd like to write about. I'd like to do more things about racing games in general and so forth. I'm not sure i'm cut out for news reporting really, me losing interest in some things is quite common, if something interests me, i'll marathon it for a while then stop doing it for a long time.

That's my Disqus account, Diablo wasn't available unfortunately. Still playing with ideas about the whole commenting system to be honest, I did come across something that appears to integrate vB posts as WP comments so may see about testing that for the new look.

I used to play rFactor A LOT with my Logitech G25 wheel. Someday when I swap the seat out of my car for new ones, I want to build a racing rig. I would have liked to write about rFactor2, but I have a feeling I just wouldn't have the dedicated time frame each day for it. Plus work, bills, grandmother to look after at times, and a car to mess with.

That's my Disqus account, Diablo wasn't available unfortunately. Still playing with ideas about the whole commenting system to be honest, I did come across something that appears to integrate vB posts as WP comments so may see about testing that for the new look.

Ah ok, I didn't think you were quite that old :)

So out of these who would be willing to take on board what?

games

Assetto Corsa

DRIVECLUB

Auto Club Revolution

Forza Motorsport 5

Forza Horizon 2 (News - keep an eye out and post about it until it's announced)

The Crew

BeamNG.drive

Next Car Game

Grid franchise

Dirt franchise

Grand Theft Auto V

iRacing

rFactor 2

NASCAR game

World of Speed

Trackmania

Ridge Racer

mobile games

etc...

car stuff

Motorshows

Motorsports

Events

Videos

TAXTHERICH

Top Gear

Chris Harris

Industry News

etc...

And not all of those are IT so any other suggestions are indeed welcome. :D

I won't exclusively cover these so others can share them with me, I don't see the need to assign one game to one writer but it's good to mention what you would write about to see where the gaps are.

Assetto Corsa, DriveClub, The Crew, pCARS, WoS, Industry, random rubbish.

If I posted any more often it wouldn't be "occasional" now would it? :p

I'm not claiming any of those topics (even pcars) as my own so anyone can beat me to posting news if they want. With pcars though look for any dev posts on the subject that help with further accuracy since there's been a lot of mistaken assumptions made out there on other sites.

Random guest articles are my thing though :dontsteal:

I'll just take a thing doing random articles. I've got a few ideas for some floating in my brain at the mo. Maybe some motorshow pictures as I go to a few of them.

I also have a few ideas about some other stuff too, which I could do without much trouble.

Random stuff is fine but please watch the tags you set. I don't want them to get stupid again like before I cleaned them up. :)

I'll just take a thing doing random articles. I've got a few ideas for some floating in my brain at the mo.
Use the Site Writer forum to mention what you want to do so I can plan accordingly anything that needs done.

I'll easily take to covering:

Motorshows

Motorsports

Events

and throw in reviews of cars & stuff as well as the odd bit of news?

As i said a wee bit back I attend most major event at Knockhill, as well as over half the rally's in the Scottish rally championship and many other car shows and meets(local, Scotland & UK wide) . Also I'll be attending the Gumball 3000 as well when the party rolls up in Edinburgh.

So if you want i'll get something typed up for the Snowman Rally and send it over? Thats if it happens and doesn't get stopped like last year(sadly, motorsports is't always safe)

Well, I haven't been quite that active in this community, and certainly haven't been here for a long time, but I'd like to get involved.I have loads of free time on my hands, and would be happy to help, and since I like to write, this wouldn't be a bad way to help this community.If it's okey with the rest of the community(being a fresh member here), I'm willing to write articles on these subjects:

Assetto Corsa - Facebook info(Main page+friended developers), RaceDepartment, and various other sources.

This is so far the only game I am really dedicated to, but as far as paying attention to gaming news, I could post interesting news once in a while, since I've pretty much seen what this community likes.(it's not that hard, is it?:D)

Now, as an avid Chris Harris fan, I would gladly cover this subject, being able to cover anything he throws out on the internet, from written reviews to videos.Same goes for Top Gear.This depends on how much content is needed.

That's pretty much it:).

P.S: I do have to get acquinted with WordPress, I have no idea how to use it, but I suppose it's not hard, is it?

I'll easily take to covering:

Motorshows

Motorsports

Events

and throw in reviews of cars & stuff as well as the odd bit of news?

As i said a wee bit back I attend most major event at Knockhill, as well as over half the rally's in the Scottish rally championship and many other car shows and meets(local, Scotland & UK wide) . Also I'll be attending the Gumball 3000 as well when the party rolls up in Edinburgh.

So if you want i'll get something typed up for the Snowman Rally and send it over? Thats if it happens and doesn't get stopped like last year(sadly, motorsports is't always safe)

Sounds good mate, I'll give you the permission to access the Site Writer forum and you can have a gander at the Guide I wrote. Any questions just ask!

Well, I haven't been quite that active in this community, and certainly haven't been here for a long time, but I'd like to get involved.I have loads of free time on my hands, and would be happy to help, and since I like to write, this wouldn't be a bad way to help this community.If it's okey with the rest of the community(being a fresh member here), I'm willing to write articles on these subjects:

Assetto Corsa - Facebook info(Main page+friended developers), RaceDepartment, and various other sources.

This is so far the only game I am really dedicated to, but as far as paying attention to gaming news, I could post interesting news once in a while, since I've pretty much seen what this community likes.(it's not that hard, is it?:D)

Now, as an avid Chris Harris fan, I would gladly cover this subject, being able to cover anything he throws out on the internet, from written reviews to videos.Same goes for Top Gear.This depends on how much content is needed.

That's pretty much it:).

P.S: I do have to get acquinted with WordPress, I have no idea how to use it, but I suppose it's not hard, is it?

That would be amazing berindea!

Having someone for AC is something I definitely want as that game is going to be huge and rightly so. I'll give you the relevant permissions and you can too can check out the Guide and have a mess around with WordPress. It's not hard to get used to and as Ry said we will check over the article before it's Published to make sure it's good to go! :D

I am still keen to write :) I will have some stuff ready soon :)
You're still on mate so post away!

I used to play rFactor A LOT with my Logitech G25 wheel. Someday when I swap the seat out of my car for new ones, I want to build a racing rig. I would have liked to write about rFactor2, but I have a feeling I just wouldn't have the dedicated time frame each day for it. Plus work, bills, grandmother to look after at times, and a car to mess with.
You don't have to be posting daily mate, just the main news to do with the title and such. I will still be posting all manners of articles too, it's just I want more writers who are actually involved with the titles to post too. :cheeky:

Everyone else, I'm still checking things out and watching for your posting activities.

JonZ released another new trailer featuring the Asano LMP, Forza 5 have added the Road America track as free DLC, there's a new PreAlpha 2 video for MX Bikes, and some Mazda MX5 mod renders for Assetto Corsa. Mario Kart 8 is due for release on May 30th, a GT Academy winner joins Red Bull's driving program, and I've got some new Next Car Game gameplay footage to upload later if anyone wants to include it in an article.