We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2015

CarMadMike

Hey,

It's the time of year when the 2015 liveries and cars are starting to be released, so here's a thread to talk about the build up to the 2015 season, which is about 2 months from starting!

2015 Launch Season

Williams Martini

B70Cyk8CAAAScMu.jpg:large

Sahara Force India - 21/01/2015 (just for the livery on the 2014 car AFAIK)

Mclaren Honda - 29/01/2015

MP4-30-Low-front-on-886x591.jpg

Rights-free-image-886x591.jpg

Scuderia Toro Rosso -

Scuderia Ferrari -

ferrari-sf15t-2015-3-886x475.jpg

ferrari-sf15t-2015-6-886x462.jpg

Mercedes AMG Petronas - 01/02/15

merc-w06-2015-11-886x498.jpg

merc-w06-2015-21-886x498.jpg

Lotus F1 Team -

f1-e23-fe2-lotus_3256571.jpg?20150126142134

lotus-e23_3256572.jpg?20150126142231

lotus-e23_3256575.jpg?20150126142443

Infiniti RedBull Racing - TBC

Sauber F1 Team -

1422608661.jpg

f8557e71ff4bbcabd2299aea2d3ee1ef-2

IMAGES FROM http://www.f1fantatic.co.uk and autosport.com - the authority on Formula One, F1, MotoGP, WRC, IndyCar, GP2, Le Mans, NASCAR and more

This years cars seem to be a lot less well endowed than the 2014 counterparts:lol:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointing livery to be honest, it looks so dull and boring compared to the livery of years gone by - though the black still stands out nicely on the grid it just isn't as aesthetically pleasing as it once was.

I lot more sponsorships seemed to terminate at the end of 2014 it seems, I'm obviously expecting a fair amount more to start before the season begins but both liveries are looking a bit bare, I'd usually put this down to the time of year but considering the huge struggle McLaren has been going through to get a main sponsor (most likely Mr.Dennis asking for extortionate amounts of dollah) for the past year or two I hope it really isn't anything to be concerned about.

First posted updated with the other new releases.

Few notes:

- YAY SAUBER. Some new colour on the grid, I liked their previous livery but even so that Blue is an awesome addition to a lineup that has been disappointing *cough* mclaren, mercedes *cough*.

- The Merc car really doesn't look too different to the 2014 car, though I guess they had a winning formula.

- McLaren have received a helluva lot of awful feedback on that livery, the red paint pretty much stops half way down the car, it was such an afterthought, and why not go with a white/red honda livery? LAZINESS.

- I like the Ferrari Livery, it looks as if thought went into it.

Me neither, I prefer cars to have more body and have an appearance more closely like that of cars we see on the roads etc. Still though looking at just F1 the older F1 cars look better imo. Bit beefier some of them, less complicated aerodynamics.... a bit more straight forward.

Lotus-Renault-Senna-400x266.jpg

19940320.jpg

timthumb.jpg

EDIT: although ofcourse the best cars are pre-60's F1 cars :D

I've never found F1 cars to be "aesthetically pleasing". Not even from the 60's or 70's. :hmmm:

On the most part I get what you mean, but there are a few exceptions (I'll use mclaren as a example):

MP4-13 was a very clean looking design yet looks very similar to modern cars in many ways:

McLaren-MP4-13-Mercedes.jpg

MP4-2, no idea why but I bloody love the design, it just works:

260884_6.jpg

There are a Few Jordans and other good looking F1 designs about, and then there's the really old designs that look :drool:

Mercedes seem to be doing really well sop far. Double the amount of laps than any other car I think and well over 2 race distances. Not too bad on the first day of testing for the new car. :)

There's something about that RB livery. I really like it but at the same time I think it's hideous. :lol:

Is that any real surprise? I'd say their car is the one that looks the most like last years car, they didn't change much so there isn't that much to test :p

Again, is that any real surprise? No, after how they performed last year I'd say that's the safest strategy.

--- Post Updated ---

McLaren on Twitter:

McLaren's livery isn't the final one, they're changing it :panic: I wonder whether this was always the plan, or the awful feedback they got after being called lazy 'fools' has forced their hand? Either way :D

McLaren on Twitter:

McLaren's livery isn't the final one, they're changing it :panic: I wonder whether this was always the plan, or the awful feedback they got after being called lazy 'fools' has forced their hand? Either way :D

And that is great news. Getting rid of the Paint-engineering go-fast decoration. I'd go for red/white. I like that more than an entirely orange car (I especially hate cheap flat bright shades of orange)