We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye, trying to make more and more hidden channels for air to go through, adding more surfaces in different colors, more differences in depth, more parts protruding from the other... We won't get them as smooth anymore as a 456 or 550/575 :p

Spot on. Though good for car reviewers; they'll have even more text in the brochures to say about the car and won't have to focus on the hardest aspect - how it drives.

Every damn car reviewer spends two minutes telling me that it's got eco, sport, sport plus plus modes for ten different things, that it's got Air Curtains and cameras and whatnot. And in the last minutes he says that the 50/50 weight distribution makes the car drive like on rails and is JUST MEGA fun. :fp:

Don't like the fake AC vent stretching all the way across the dashboard. Screen is also a fail, though it finally shows how badly the german 3 are copypasting eachother. I think the car has now been pulled tight enough, the next generation will have sheetmetal torn apart before it's delivered to the customer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Renault Laguna is no more, welcome the Talisman:

renault-talisman-013.jpg

renault-talisman-007.jpg

I like it, it's a bit safe and conservative but considering the vehicle it's replacing it's a huge step forward. Don't think it's coming to the UK unfortunately.

The front reminds me a bit of this due to the sideburns:

article-0-0C41A42B00000578-296_224x342.jpg

There's a Yellow GT running about Aberdeen of late. It's a wrap though and rocking the normal GT86 wing! The 'oh so impreza' wing really doesn't suit it, and yellow just makes it look worse!

-

It's FINALLY HAPPENED!

They lopped the roof off the Evora(only 3 years later than planned) and I can't make my mind up on it...

Lotus_EvoraRoadsterimage.jpg

It's likly to be identicle to the Evora 400, just without a roof, which is a true lot roof..as in it's bolt on/bolt off job.

What it won't be, however, is as luxurious or simple as something like a 911 Cabriolet. The Evora Roadster will have removable carbon roof panels that are stored behind the rear seats. One-touch electric divas look elsewhere! How that will be received in this market remains to be seen, particularly in America where the Roadster is aimed most strongly at.

Full story liknk: Here

The Tesla Model S P85D is going from Insane to like, mind-blowing ludicrously craziness :eek:

It currently has 691hp when Insane mode is enabled...that'll soon be boosted to 762hp when Ludicrous mode is enabled. Bigger batteries etc. It's now 0.1 second behind an Agera R to 60, as it hits 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. :fp:

They've said the Model X will hit 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Jesus christ.

I've got a bit bored of the design of the model S now though, I don't think it's going to age too well, design wise it's too forgettable, it should be more striking considering what it's packing.

There's about a billion limited editions coming out this year, some look kinda' nice but overall I don't think I'd buy any of them. I'm waiting for a new engine... you could definitely shoe-horn the Lexus V6 in there. Just sayin'.

you could definitely shoe-horn the Lexus V6 in there. Just sayin'.

*Toyota. ;)

Honestly, Toyota should do a tie-up with Lotus...who have plenty of experience with the Toyota V6.

The GT86...with handling tweeks by Lotus and a V6 swap with 400Hp thanks to the Evora 400 state of tune! C'on Toyota you know its needs to be done! :)

*Toyota. ;)

Honestly, Toyota should do a tie-up with Lotus...who have plenty of experience with the Toyota V6.

The GT86...with handling tweeks by Lotus and a V6 swap with 400Hp thanks to the Evora 400 state of tune! C'on Toyota you know its needs to be done! :)

Wow, you went there. You're actually correcting me on a Toyota/Lexus thing. You're doing that. :p

Well I was talking just a straight swap of the 3.5 from an IS350 with 305hp or whatever it comes with these days. Just like the Toybaru's engine it's got that whole direct and port injection that they love so much.

I've been thinking for a while now if they use the GT86 platform for a new Supra, maybe lengthen it a bit, they can drop that engine in that too. Plus some turbos. Like a Lexus RCF but (much) lighter.

Wow, you went there. You're actually correcting me on a Toyota/Lexus thing. You're doing that. :p

Well I was talking just a straight swap of the 3.5 from an IS350 with 305hp or whatever it comes with these days. Just like the Toybaru's engine it's got that whole direct and port injection that they love so much.

I've been thinking for a while now if they use the GT86 platform for a new Supra, maybe lengthen it a bit, they can drop that engine in that too.

Plus some turbos. Like a Lexus RCF but (much) lighter.

Other's would do it over smaller issues of it was a German car, I just like to balance the books. ;)

Personally anything would make the GT/BRZ better...even just plonking 50lb ft Torques and keeping the current power would be a massive improvement.

I could't see the GT platform being used for the new Supra sadly, much more the Lexus RC base. The new Supra is very likely going to be taking on the GTR & New NSX so expect the car size and Price tag to match ( Say £70k - £100k range)...but then the whole thing of a Toyota costing so much comes into account...but then again, 10 years ago I dont think we expected Nissan would offer a supercar killer for a shade under £80,000!

• 2 weeks later...