We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC System Requirements

Eudemon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed! x1950 cards offer great performance for a cheaper price compared to the 79xx series.

I also agree but buying one of the new Ati cards would be a massive mistake.

If you cant afford a 8800GTX or 8800Ultra, Go with the 8800GTS as thats the cheapest DX10 thats any good even though buying a DX10 card at the moment would be a bad idea as when DX10.1 comes out it will make DX10 cards obsolete. Wait for 10.1 thats my advice.

Guest RB26DETT
I also agree but buying one of the new Ati cards would be a massive mistake.

If you cant afford a 8800GTX or 8800Ultra, Go with the 8800GTS as thats the cheapest DX10 thats any good even though buying a DX10 card at the moment would be a bad idea as when DX10.1 comes out it will make DX10 cards obsolete. Wait for 10.1 thats my advice.

I like the new line of ATi cards. I'm looking forward to a HD3850. Anyone know the difference between the 2900XT and HD3870?

P.S. 8800GT is the best bang for the buck.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good computer, especially for one you got for free. But you NEED a newer card, my old card in an FX5200 and it's worse than terrible in the game. How much money do you have to spend on new stuff? Because i got my X1950 Pro Sapphire 512MB 8x AGP card for about £120 and that's brilliant, it lets me run TDU at 1440x900 Resolution with High Details, HDR On and 4x Anti-Aliasing. And if i were you i'd get more ram. Just get another 512MB stick or something because even the newest games don't need any more than 1.5GB of ram.

Guest RB26DETT

still, the 8500 is a way better card than my 7300gs right now. i'm getting 25fps in tdu. i suggest try lowering some video settings ingame.

just a question, is 30fps bad for you guys. i'm not complaining of the 25fps i'm getting because it's still pretty smooth.

Guest RB26DETT
Nope, 30FPS is fine, unless you then go and try and use Fraps for instant. I also find that not going on MSN, or using iTunes seriously increases my FPS. I use the in-game radio with my own music.

lol. why would have msn and itunes on at the same time while playing? :p

crap FRAPS, brings my FPS down to 15 while recording. but the result is still great.

Guest RB26DETT
I used to have iTunes and MSn open when playing TDU, then realised I could bump up my gfx settings when they were off, and still get the same FPS. I know Speed, Sensei and TSS have MSN on when they're on TDU - silly billys - Speed even has mr. I love to suck your RAM (iTunes) open aswell.

hahaaha. i love to suck your RAM. roflmao!

i have x-fire, fraps, and listen to the ingame radio and still get 25fps except when you start recording a video.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jus wonderin if i can run it. I meet everythin but the CPU...I'd really like to play the game even on medium detail.

AMD Athlon 2400+ 2.0GHz

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon 2600XT HD 512MB AGP 8x

also is a Realtek AC97 a DirectX 9 sound card/chip or w/e?

Yes that will gun the game. Not on full but it will work.

I have a Radeon 2600 XT HD and I run the game on high, 4xAA, HDR, 1280 x 1024.

so it should work on decent detail? maybe 1280 X 1024 but without the HDR and stuff? oh and u know anytin bout the sound card? if its DX9?

guys, this will sound noobish but what is and how do you turn on HDR and AA?

AA-Anti Aliasing. Makes edges seem smoother

HDR-High Dynamic Range, and idk wat it does, jus makes it look more realistic.

not sure how to turn this on cuz i dont hav the game yet, but check the display menu :p

Yes that will gun the game. Not on full but it will work.

I have a Radeon 2600 XT HD and I run the game on high, 4xAA, HDR, 1280 x 1024.

w00t! Snap! lol :p

I need a better case, mine overheats if I put it on a high resolution :(

Balto - Esc > Options > Video. There are options for AA and HDR in there :)