We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - OUT NOW!

[headline]Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - OUT NOW![/headline]

fm6afeatured-800x300.jpg

Earlier this year, the rumours were rampant of a PC version of Forza. These rumours finally came to fruition when a few months ago it was announced - Forza for PC. While it's not a full game, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex does promise to give us a glimpse of the future (hopefully), just a little taster of what Forza on...

Read more on this...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7672/26244340854_b9b1171522_b.jpg

It's very nice. Graphics, dem tree-dee puddles work, I can use manual clutch on keyboard, tune the suspension, etc. BUT HOLY COW IS IT NOT PLAYABLE. THE SCREEN IS ALL BROKEN, LAGS, AND HURTS MY EYES.

Yes. It's not even low frame rates, it actually was a bit smoother on "high" compared to "medium". I don't have enough ram or graphics ram for "ultra". Also, what happened to the detailed video options in that leaked video? I need like... lots more AA.

Me: i7 4820K with 16GB RAM and a GTX970 from MSI. Game runs at default High settings, runs very smooth and looks awesome. Very stable from what I can tell, I haven't found a bad point yet. Alt+tabbing has never been so smooth+easy in any other game before.

I'm loving the photomode, best one I've ever got a chance to mess with. I'm sold, Can't wait for a full version of this game to come to PC. Only thing I miss right now is rims selection but I guess they had to cut content somewhere lol.

[ATTACH]26109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26110[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26111[/ATTACH]

The game made me download AMD Beta Drivers to play it, but other than that and a couple of crashes when leaving a race it seems OK. Decided after the initial race that every assist had to be turned off apart from ABS. Stability Control seems like an absolute waste of time to me, makes the cars incredibly unpredictable by twitching around all over the place under braking/acceleration, without it on I can drive a lot smoother. Ho-ly though, the first puddle I hit I just aquaplaned straight off the track even though I drove at the puddle in a straight line, these cars need some Goodyear Eagle F1s on them :p

i5 2500k, 8GB RAM and an AMD HD7970 at 1080p here and the game runs well in general.

It's a bit of a nightmare. I'm willing to give them about a week for hotfixes before I review.. at the moment it's not looking great. My optimism disappeared quickly.

They've responded to my complaint on the Windows Store actually. Told me to download the latest drivers (duh), but I already had the latest and greatest NVIDIA driver they linked me to. The Intel one is a nightmare as I have mentioned recently. Every. Damn. Time. I install a new driver, the friggin system upon every reboot reinstalls the OLD one which is from August 2015.

The laptop always switches to the GTX960M under load so Intel HD should not be an issue theoretically.

They've responded to my complaint on the Windows Store actually. Told me to download the latest drivers (duh), but I already had the latest and greatest NVIDIA driver they linked me to. The Intel one is a nightmare as I have mentioned recently. Every. Damn. Time. I install a new driver, the friggin system upon every reboot reinstalls the OLD one which is from August 2015.

The laptop always switches to the GTX960M under load so Intel HD should not be an issue theoretically.

Well that's just stupid, have you contacted the manufacturer about fixing that?

Well that's just stupid, have you contacted the manufacturer about fixing that?

No, I think the problem is in W10. Did not have any issues with it until February. I'm going to contact them, though. It makes loud coil whine when it is running on battery. Also WiFi turns off while playing FM - same with GTA O.

The game is kinda playable now. Uninstalled & installed the nvidia driver and it does seem to stutter heavily only in cutscenes. I'm at high settings and using lower settings did not help at all.

--- Post Updated ---

Forgot this to post

DX3lhqd.jpg

I suppose this only goes for me because I use keyboard, but under Input options of controllers, if I click the advanced tab I have 3 sliders for acceleration, braking and steering slow<------------->fast. Maybe try that (if this is also available for controllers.

• 5 months later...