We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 5... 1? Revealed Friday 6th May

TurboDuck

[headline]Battlefield 5... 1? Reveal Tonight![/headline]

BFLivestream_Thumbnail-1-800x300.jpg

Today is the day that Battlefield fans have been waiting for since before Hardline was released. EA will be unveiling the next game in the Battlefield series and it looks like they will be taking us back to the Battlefield roots with a game set in World War 1. But possibly not the WWI as we know it......

Read more on this...

Need to hear more about it but I'm kind of hoping BF1 is a more raw experience. Not so much spray and pray but shoot to live as reloading back then took its time.

This presenter is a tool, he'd be better on a CoD event.

How so? BF games that have had the Frostbite engine have been amazing to me in the gameplay department. The netcode has always been the issue, never the gameplay.

You pretty much answered the question Yourself there, the netcode which is bad because the engine is limited as the Dice said themselves, which You can easily notice, first BF built in Frosbite engine was the Bad Company 2 and it also was the first BF game to experience serious netcode issues such as damage not being registered or getting killed behind cover because of low tickrate.

Then came BF3 which was even worse and then ofc BF 4 which was total disaster at lauch, when on paper BF 4 had the best netcode out of all Frostbite engined BF games, even now after all the updates to netcode its certainly a lot better, but its still not great and theres not much room for improvements left.

BF 1 wont be as bad as BF 4 was, but I doubt it'll be great either.

Funny thing is that everyone bashes current version and praises the version before. I was talking with a friend about this, and he told me "I won't get BF4 because it too bugged", I answered, that not anymore, plus it's a bargain right now, and BF3 (Which he played quite a lot) had some of the same issues BF4 had on its launch... And he stood there like :T

So... My advice is to wait a couple of month, get it on a sale so bugs are ironed out... Either way people will praise latest BF and bash current BF until a new one comes out...

Funny thing is that everyone bashes current version and praises the version before. I was talking with a friend about this, and he told me "I won't get BF4 because it too bugged", I answered, that not anymore, plus it's a bargain right now, and BF3 (Which he played quite a lot) had some of the same issues BF4 had on its launch... And he stood there like :T

So... My advice is to wait a couple of month, get it on a sale so bugs are ironed out... Either way people will praise latest BF and bash current BF until a new one comes out...

BF 4 has been released 3 years ago and it still very glitchy and buggy so, you can wait as much as you want, but the bugs that cant be fixed simply wont be fixed.

And its not the case of people hating new titles, its the fact theyre were getting worse with every release, if you ask me yes BF3 even though it wasnt perfect it was a a lot better than BF4, not only in terms of netcode, but sounds were better for example and overall feeling of it, BF4 went too much into COD direction thats what i didnt like the most

The sounds can be improved in BF4 by choosing the battle/war tapes sound setting on the options somewhere. Sounds brilliant through my amp and not too shabby through my TV.

I honestly can't say that there are any bugs in BF4 that I've encountered for a long time other than lag and no matter how good the netcode is, lag cannot be removed. It can be smoothed out but there's only so much of an impact that can have. The lag will always be there for all online games unless you play on a LAN.

And now for something related to BF1. https://www.facebook.com/GamingWorldUK/videos/979478075493106/?fref=nf

Will Battlefield 1 be a bugged game when released? More than likely. Will millions of people still buy it though? Yes, because it will get fixed. And even while it's in the process of getting fixed it will still be a great game that can be a lot of fun if the past games are anything to go by.

Once the bugs are fixed it'll be a blessing, I'm so tired of modern warfare from DICE and I'm tired of space pew pew from Activision.

We may have been talking too much as that was pretty much exactly what I was going to say, down to the pew pews :hmmm:

BF 4 has been released 3 years ago and it still very glitchy and buggy so, you can wait as much as you want, but the bugs that cant be fixed simply wont be fixed.

And its not the case of people hating new titles, its the fact theyre were getting worse with every release, if you ask me yes BF3 even though it wasnt perfect it was a a lot better than BF4, not only in terms of netcode, but sounds were better for example and overall feeling of it, BF4 went too much into COD direction thats what i didnt like the most

Well, that's true, games come out less finished everyday. However, I have never experienced any major bugs. One thing that annoyed me was getting killed after getting behind cover, anyways, when I played on Brazilian servers (Low ping) I didn't have that problem. So it was pretty much a lag problem. About sounds, I really like them over BF3, maybe what BF4 lacks is more shouts as ppl get killed and such, they add to the inmersion.

And, as Camel says, people will but it anyways... Me included (Maybe with a discount :P )

Bugs are still there, theyre not major but really the most annoying are the small ones, like when you cant jump over the wall because vault mechanic wont work, or when you get killed by what looks like a dead body sliding on the ground, so heres hoping BF 1 will finally change that

About the sounds, i was talking about the quality of sounds in game in BF4 most of the guns sound pretty much the same with just changed pitch and tone, in BF3 every gun had its own unique sound, for example compare BF3 M60 LMG sound with BF4 version its way worse, at least for me.

And thats exactly why we get unfinished games, because no matter what people are prepared to pay the full price, even for unfinished game