We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryan the car packs are for Forza 6 and Horizon 2 which is why they're Xbox only - you get the packs for pre-ordering FH3.

@Scott - you can't expect it to be realistic, I thought Horizon 2 had fine physics, easy enough to drive but not so easy that it feels like glue.

I'm still very excited the only thing that has be worried is the size of the map, why can't they make a decently sized map!?!

The size of the environment - due to other titles we know all too well - is always a point people make but, don't forget the handling in the Horizon games is usually very good and that for me personally, outweighs a massive environment with dodgy handling.

The attention to detail and amount of cars is also a massive plus!

With every release they keep bringing more and for a title on a 2-year release cycle, that is mighty impressive. :cool:

@Ryan the car packs are for Forza 6 and Horizon 2 which is why they're Xbox only - you get the packs for pre-ordering FH3.

@Scott - you can't expect it to be realistic, I thought Horizon 2 had fine physics, easy enough to drive but not so easy that it feels like glue.

I'm still very excited the only thing that has be worried is the size of the map, why can't they make a decently sized map!?!

Nope, never said that. Horizon 1 was perfect, they nailed the balance between arcade and simulation. 2 feels like a NFS title, far too grippy, no feeling of weight or roll, barely any understeer, etc.

Must say that I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this now. Not been looking forward to a game as much as this for quite some time now.

Not the biggest map but it's definitely not the smallest either and should be big enough and varied enough to keep people occupied for a good while. As for the handling, there looks to be 2 settings still. Normal and Simulation(probably) with the videos I've watched using the normal mode hence the arcadey look to it.

Had a look at the UK prices and the ultimate edition is the same price that the Forza 6 UE was at £79.99. A little bit steep but won't be a problem for some to get the VIP and season pass as well as a weeks early access for an extra £40.

Size of the map isn't everything. Fuel at time of its release had like a 14.400 km² game world, and that was more a downside. Ofcourse partially due to the post-apocalyptic story, but such a large world would just be impossible to make living and active within a reasonable time frame without compromising on quality.

I've been searching around a bit but I can't really find answers. What are the expectations of the online things? Will PC players be forced to get some Xbox Live thing account membership? Or would that only be for the cross-platform service?

Well now that MS owns Minecraft I expect they'll name the Pc service after Emeralds :cheeky:

Before you laugh, the major Windows 10 OS update was named Redstone. Ok you can laugh now.

--- Post Updated ---

btw it'll be interesting seeing how Murican players go with driving on the right (correct) side of the road in this... :lol:

true, my only criticism for the previous game was the map size and they failed to improve that BUT, think of it from microsoft's point of view. People can still tolerate the small map perhaps until fh4 or the title after this one. Why even bother investing when the price of the game is still $60 and people are still going to buy it regardless.

Studios used to create games for their own sake, but that was in 80s and 90s. It's ALL about ROI, NOTHING ELSE, even if they try to convince you otherwise.

Just trying to do the maths (in the aussie dollar)

FH3 Standard edition: $100. 350 cars. That's $0.29 per car. Except it's actually much lower because car licenses are only a %age of the development budget.

FH3 Deluxe edition: additional $20. Additional 15 cars. That's $1.33 per car. Other items have a development cost (i.e. new events) but are relatively negligible.

FH3 Ultimate edition: another additional $20. Additional 42 cars. That's $0.48 per car.

There is no single fixed cost per car - some licenses are going to cost more than others (i.e. Ferrari + Lamborghini). So I guess the most expensive cars would be shoehorned into the Deluxe edition car packs.

The only other factor is that a vehicle license cost might not depend on sales numbers. So if they're expecting only 50% of people who buy the game to buy the DLC, then they need to double the price of cars in DLC to make the same margin.